Poll: Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Sheldon Clark Cardinals
18.18%
Belfry Pirates
81.82%
* You voted for this item.

•  Previous
  • 3(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sheldon Clark @ Belfry (3A 3rd Round)
Pirate Pal Wrote:Then you would be the man to answer this question for me....Wink

Did it seem strange that a head coach would be calling a radio announcer, before a BIG game which decided the District winner, and make a statement like that? It just seems that Shawn was already preparing his excuses of why they might lose before the game began.

Don't get me wrong, I like Shawn Hager alot, I went to school with him and he is a great guy, but I don't see the reasoning to make such a statement BEFORE the game.

Yes it did. I think Shawn is a smart enough coach to realize when he is overmatched. He was that night on a wet field, and he would have been on a dry field. SC has no team speed at all. When Belfry's 240 pound running back (Ivan) is outrunning all of your defense on plays that you start learning in grade school, then you are in trouble. SC wants to think they can throw the football, but to beat Belfry they better be able to run it and control clock. However, the real problem is their D. They have no answer for Belfry's running game.
schs_06 Wrote:Quit worring about the past. We have a new game coming up. Dont worry about if Coach Hager made that call. If he did so what. What does it really matter. He is a good young head coach. Every coach is going to make mistakes:Thumbs:

I agree... Hager and "the person he called" are probably good friends....

Also, it rained cats and dogs that night... IMHO he probably DID have to throw out half his book. I know I went to the vehicle at halftime and still ended up at the Doctors office on Monday. It was a torrental DOWNPOUR basically the entire night!!!

Hopefully, this game will be a LOT better weather wise.... I can handle the cold, the wind, and the snow but PLEASE... NO RAIN!!!

If you need assistance feel free to e-mail me at:
[email=phs1986@bluegrassrivals.com]phs1986@bluegrassrivals.com[/email]
schs_06 Wrote:Quit worring about the past. We have a new game coming up. Dont worry about if Coach Hager made that call. If he did so what. What does it really matter. He is a good young head coach. Every coach is going to make mistakes:Thumbs:

I don't believe I stated my question to youRolleyes

The past says alot about how someone sees the future.

Besides, I've said before, I don't see the game being any different this time as it was last time..Belfry by 3 td's
bucslover68 Wrote:Yes it did. I think Shawn is a smart enough coach to realize when he is overmatched. He was that night on a wet field, and he would have been on a dry field. SC has no team speed at all. When Belfry's 240 pound running back (Ivan) is outrunning all of your defense on plays that you start learning in grade school, then you are in trouble. SC wants to think they can throw the football, but to beat Belfry they better be able to run it and control clock. However, the real problem is their D. They have no answer for Belfry's running game.

Thanks bucs...that's what I wanted to know..:thumpsup:
Belfry 41 S.C. 14
Pirate Pal Wrote:I don't believe I stated my question to youRolleyes

The past says alot about how someone sees the future.

Besides, I've said before, I don't see the game being any different this time as it was last time..Belfry by 3 td's

Well i thought i had the right to quote your question. Rolleyes

I see the game being a lil closer than last.
Well i hope it is anyways.Smile
Pirate Pal Wrote:Thanks bucs...that's what I wanted to know..:thumpsup:

No problem. BTW, my pick. Belfry 49, SC 13.TongueirateSho
I do like Sheldon Clarks heart but they are about to be PIRATED!!!!!!!
Pirate Pal Wrote:LOL....Well, if that is the case, he might want to consider throwing out the remaining 1/3 that didn't work either...Wink

:thatsfunn
belfry by a lot
We are very proud of our Pirates!! Can't wait to see round 2 against SC this week. Our prediction is Belfry 42 Sheldon Clark 6
Belfry - 50+ points.
Sheldon Clark - 14
jgrubby Wrote:WOW, Belfry will be getting ready for the trip to the 'ville. Sheldon Clark, may give them a better game this time, but they will fall short once again. Good luck Pirates. Play this game first, and don't come out thinking you will automatically win and you will cruise to the 'ville once again.
[B]We haven't made any reservations for the 'Ville yet! It's a game by game basis..:Cheerlead [/B]
The only reservations that need to be made so far are for some more tailgating and playoff action at the CAM. If the Pirates are fortunate enough to get back to Louisville(and I believe they will), then we can all get us some rooms at the Executive.
I AM SO PROUD OF MUH PIRATES!!!!!
Belfry by as many as they want. Sorry SC it dont look good.
What is the big deal about Shawn Hager and I talking on the phone before the game. He is a good friend of mine. We joke around all the time. Sheldon Clark is a very talented team, but I think they might be a year away from pulling off a victory over Belfry. The comment I made on the radio the other day about the Cards haviing two throw out two thirds of there offensive package on that rainy night was a slightl over exaggeration. I like to joke around at times.

Lol I ate it up in Tennessee Saturday especially at the Dixie Stampede
I am being a good boy this week. Nothing to stir up this week
The weather during the Sheldon Clark - Belfry game only effected I would say about one third of what the Cards probably was going to run.
joethegreek Wrote:The weather during the Sheldon Clark - Belfry game only effected I would say about one third of what the Cards probably was going to run.

Glad to see you alive Greek. How was Tennessee and that Hoover Bucs fan you ran into. Did you tell him the real Bucs team was in Kentucky on Pond Creek? The weather is supposed to be good on Friday. It will be cool, but dry, and not as cold as last week. Hager can have his whole playbook at his disposal. There is too much quickness for Belfry, and too much slow for SC. See ya tomorrow night Greek.
I didn't even know that Golden Corral made a breakfast buffet. Man that was good this morning. If we broadcast a title game this year we need to change the breakfast selection
I told that guy from Hoover the only thing that is different from fan support and the success of Hoover and Belfry was the population and enrollment
I also educated him on Logan Wildcat basketball and baseball lol
Buclover I promise I am being good this week
Buclover if Estill beats Breathitt this week I will roll
joethegreek Wrote:Buclover I promise I am being good this week

That is good to know Greek. A couple of questions for ya. 1. Will the Cards keep it any closer this Friday against the Bucs? 2. Will there be a Sports Guys show this week?
Hey Cuppett can you drive from Pigeon Forge to Pikeville in two and a half hours?
Answer to question one I don't know. Second probably I don't know the day
i dont speed so know i cant,lol
Lol I don't speed either
  •  Previous
  • 3(current)
  • Next