Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Joe Beder Resigns @ Knott Central.
Joe Beder Resigns after 4 seasons as the Patriots Head Coach. Knott Central went 3-8 and lost in the 1st round of the playoff to Prestonsburg 55-8 this season. I thought KCC football program was going in the right direction.

Any word on who will replace Beder at KCC?
i think he will have Knott turned around in a year or 2
they*
king360 Wrote:i think he will have Knott turned around in a year or 2

Who??
I've heard the new head coach will prolly be Caldwell, that use to coach the All county team a few years back.
I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money. I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok -Shaquille O'Neal
Just read on the Kentucky Football Coaches Association website that Beder was voted co-coach of the year in his district. I think he tied with Corbin's coach.
why would a co-coach of the year quit?
He said he couldn't take it anymore. And his district has 4 teams...
I really cant blame Beder for resigning. I was told that as the head coach at KCC, you only get paid between 4K-6K a season.
Fridaynightmare Wrote:I really cant blame Beder for resigning. I was told that as the head coach at KCC, you only get paid between 4K-6K a season.

As usual people get on here and talk about things that they have no clue about. Money had no bearing on Coach Beder resigning! If you want to know why (he resigned) I suggest you ask him. If you want to know how much he made call the Knott Co. BOE , it's a public record.. I think you will be surprised!
He was coach Whitaker's defensive coordinator at Leslie co. in the 90's, I wonder if there is a possibility we might see him as the next defensive coordinator for Powell county?
Spartan4Life Wrote:I've heard the new head coach will prolly be Caldwell, that use to coach the All county team a few years back.

Who? :confused:
The only competetive teams I can recall for Knott were when Jay Cobb was at the helm. They have not really been able to compete to the level of their district competition in the past several years.
F.N.L. Wrote:He was coach Whitaker's defensive coordinator at Leslie co. in the 90's, I wonder if there is a possibility we might see him as the next defensive coordinator for Powell county?

Why would they do that when coach Fugate fielded the best defense Powell has ever had?
I wish coach Beder the best of luck in the future. Don't know what happened or the reason for resigning but I would say the lack of support and dedication to the program didn't help any.
I didn't see this coming. Good luck to Coach Beder with his future plans. I doubt if Caldwell would be interested. He would be a great choice, but I just don't see it. Good luck KCC.
Good luck to Coach Beder and I hope the KCC program can turn it around.....
Twitter: @tc_analytics

jebb Wrote:I didn't see this coming. Good luck to Coach Beder with his future plans. I doubt if Caldwell would be interested. He would be a great choice, but I just don't see it. Good luck KCC.

Your not by any chance talking about Joe Colwell?
P.C.Defense Wrote:Your not by any chance talking about Joe Colwell?
The guy was an assistant with Franklin-Simpson in '95 when Breathitt won their 1st state title...

I worked with Joe, He was at Rowan when I worked under coach Doug Preston. I think he has been doing either middle school or grade school for a while now. Joe knows the game.
TheBrahmaBull Wrote:The guy was an assistant with Franklin-Simpson in '95 when Breathitt won their 1st state title...

He was at Franklin Simpson in either 98' or 99'. He was not there in 95' when Breathitt beat them for the title.
P.C.Defense Wrote:He was at Franklin Simpson in either 98' or 99'. He was not there in 95' when Breathitt beat them for the title.
O.K....Thanks for the correction....I thought it was '95

P.C.Defense Wrote:He was at Franklin Simpson in either 98' or 99'. He was not there in 95' when Breathitt beat them for the title.

I know he was an asst. at Hazard in the 90's and I think he was at FS in 99 and 00. He would be a good choice. Best of luck to KCC and whoever takes it.
P.C.Defense Wrote:Why would they do that when coach Fugate fielded the best defense Powell has ever had?

I doubt you can get a free defensive coordinator 3 years in a row. Coach Fugate may suprise me, however I doubt it. He did indeed field the least points out of 11 games and probably would have done better if he ran what he wanted and didn't have to defend from the 50 in after onside or bloop kicks. I don't know why these coaches do this. At Breathitt last week, first kick of the game, Breathitt done the little onside/bloop and it was returned for a touchdown. If you have a kicker who can kick it to the 20 or in with some height on it, so your players can cover, that is the best way IMO. It just takes practice on SPECIAL TEAMS!
I think Beder may be heading to North Laurel for a head coaching position. The team is fairly young and will get better and london has a lot population and kids to choose from.
Any word on who may be replacing him?
Bluecat Wrote:Any word on who may be replacing him?

The job was posted Tuesday November 25.....KCC will be very dilligent in finding/naming a new HC........
Colwell would be a good hire if you could get him, He knows the game, studies the game and keeps it simple. Where is Joe coaching now?
I played for Coach Colwell and Coach Fugate. Both know the game very well.
Where has the job been posted? I haven't seen it on KHSAA, or the KDE. Anyone in the know have any idea if they plan to hire in-house, or are they gonna open it up?