Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2008 Army Iron Man Award
I just wanted to take this time to pass this along, it's been passed along before for the weekly votes, but we currently have two mountain boys in the running (who are both the leading players right now)

Nathaniel Gilliam from Harlan County & Hunter Adams from Middlesboro

Nathaniel Gilliam is week 8 winner (just happened to be OVER Middlesboro)
Hunter Adams is week 6 winner

(heres the listing for each player for the week that they won)

Nathaniel Gilliam
Gilliam rushed for 429 yards, scored seven touchdowns, and three two point conversions while breaking up five passes, recording two tackles, and a safety in Harlan County's 58-36 win over Middlesboro.

Hunter Adams
Adams rushed for 111 yards and two touchdowns, recorded 12 total tackles, one forced fumble, and returned a kick-off for the game-winning touchdown with 16.7-seconds remaining in Middlesboro's 28-21 win over Clay County.

Now IMO based on the listing Gilliam gets it easily, I mean thats just unheard of... (and plus he's from my town so)

But if you would like to vote, http://www.thesportsflash.com/USArmyIronMan-KY is the link to go to.

You can vote every hour, up until the 30th of November.

Currently the votes go as follows

Online Email Total
Nathaniel Gilliam - Harlan County 167 879 1,046
Hunter Adams - Middlesboro 184 277 461
sc06cheer Wrote:I just wanted to take this time to pass this along, it's been passed along before for the weekly votes, but we currently have two mountain boys in the running (who are both the leading players right now)

Nathaniel Gilliam from Harlan County & Hunter Adams from Middlesboro

Nathaniel Gilliam is week 8 winner (just happened to be OVER Middlesboro)
Hunter Adams is week 6 winner

(heres the listing for each player for the week that they won)

Nathaniel Gilliam
Gilliam rushed for 429 yards, scored seven touchdowns, and three two point conversions while breaking up five passes, recording two tackles, and a safety in Harlan County's 58-36 win over Middlesboro.

Hunter Adams
Adams rushed for 111 yards and two touchdowns, recorded 12 total tackles, one forced fumble, and returned a kick-off for the game-winning touchdown with 16.7-seconds remaining in Middlesboro's 28-21 win over Clay County.

Now IMO based on the listing Gilliam gets it easily, I mean thats just unheard of... (and plus he's from my town so)

But if you would like to vote, http://www.thesportsflash.com/USArmyIronMan-KY is the link to go to.

You can vote every hour, up until the 30th of November.

Currently the votes go as follows

Online Email Total
Nathaniel Gilliam - Harlan County 167 879 1,046
Hunter Adams - Middlesboro 184 277 461

I'd take Channing Fugate over all of them.
Breathitt Bobcat Wrote:I'd take Channing Fugate over all of them.

Well I'm sure YOU would, but Channing Fugate is not listed on there and wasn't nominated. So, that'd be a little hard to do, these boys deserve this award, both of them do.
Come on now Breathitt Bobcat show a little maturity.......... How about those Blackcats anyway huh!!!!
looks like they picked who they wanted no one from breahitt,jc,p-burg,pikeville,belfry,sc was not even in the running,or from bell
These are two great young men but I will go with Hunter Adams. ( IMO) He is a senior and outstanding young man on and off the field, if you look at the big picture overall he has been blessed with a outstanding talent that will take him to the next level. Good Luck to both.
Im going to say Nathaniel Gilliam. This young man is AWESOMEEEE,
Watching him run is like being at the NFL games.
I wish him the best and me vote has been sent.!!!
Big_Mama Wrote:Im going to say Nathaniel Gilliam. This young man is AWESOMEEEE,
Watching him run is like being at the NFL games.
I wish him the best and me vote has been sent.!!!

KEEP VOTING! Email votes can be sent in every hour up till Sunday!! COME ON BLACK BEAR NATION SHOW YOUR SUPPORT!!
cuppett777 Wrote:looks like they picked who they wanted no one from breahitt,jc,p-burg,pikeville,belfry,sc was not even in the running,or from bell

I may be wrong about this, but I think the Coaches have to nominate someone and then they choose based on that weeks performance...
Claiborne Way Wrote:These are two great young men but I will go with Hunter Adams. ( IMO) He is a senior and outstanding young man on and off the field, if you look at the big picture overall he has been blessed with a outstanding talent that will take him to the next level. Good Luck to both.

If it wasn't for Nathan being listed I would agree. But Nathan is also a senior, terrific leadership for a first year team, and 429 yards, 7 TD's, 3 two point conversions, breaking up 5 passes, 2 tackles & a saftey in one game is just amazing IMO.

PS. the game for which Nathaniel won that week was against Middlesboro and Hunter Adams Wink
Hunter Adams will get my vote
sc06cheer Wrote:If it wasn't for Nathan being listed I would agree. But Nathan is also a senior, terrific leadership for a first year team, and 429 yards, 7 TD's, 3 two point conversions, breaking up 5 passes, 2 tackles & a saftey in one game is just amazing IMO.

PS. the game for which Nathaniel won that week was against Middlesboro and Hunter Adams Wink

It Was not against Hunter Adams it was against middlesboro defensive line. Wink
ok thanks about the information on that.
We would sure appreciate any votes that you all would give to Nathanial Gilliam. Of the players nominated for this award, his statistics for the game he was nominated for, were phenominal.

Thanks again!

http://www.thesportsflash.com/USArmyIronMan-KY
There's just a couple of more hours left to vote. You can vote more than once. We'd appreciate a vote for Nathaniel Gilliam!

http://www.thesportsflash.com/USArmyIronMan-KY
Hunter Adams from Middlesboro won 4,926 votes to Gilliam's 3,847 votes. Congrats to Adams.

But, I still think Gilliam's game stats head to head for the game he was nominated for against Adams stats in the game he was nominated for were far above and beyond Adams...just one Bear fan's opinion.

All the Bear fans are so very proud of you Nat. You had an amazing game that night and all season long for the Bears. We will miss you next year. :Cheerlead
Congrats to Hunter Adam's! Great player.

I'd also like to congratulate Gilliam on a great season with the Black Bears. He sure was fun to watch and will be missed next season.
Both of these young men were very deserving, as were the rest of the nominees listed i'm sure. These kinds of awards unfortunately are based on popular vote, as are many of the state wide awards. I 'm just glad the award went to a Mountain player. Congrats to Hunter! He had an outstanding career at Middlesboro over the last 4 years playing multiple positions. Nat Gilliam should be proud of his accompishments as well. He too was an outstanding player. Its too bad we could'nt have had two awards.

Thanks to all those who voted.