Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
School Spirit
Who do you think has the best in Eastern Kentucky? The worst? Decide this by Attendance, Clothing, Talk Support, Crowd Intensity, etc.

IMO Belfry has the best by far. Pike Central has the worst
Belfry is nothin like it used to be..
Showtime_05 Wrote:Belfry is nothin like it used to be..

Nothings like it used to be, but yeah, Belfry has the best around here.
Showtime_05 Wrote:Belfry is nothin like it used to be..

Neither is Pikeville. Belfry fans should take notice that Belfry's "TIME" could end soon. Yet they still have the best spirit around
Belfry's really has gone down in the past few years.
hazard endzone fans.....brutal
Pikeville's is absolutely pathetic right now. It has dramatically decreased since about '04. I think it has a lot to do with how related the school is to the community and right now there isn't a glimse of a connection between the two. Parents will always be there, but the community is what needs to be more involved.
Panther Thunder Wrote:Pikeville's is absolutely pathetic right now. It has dramatically decreased since about '04. I think it has a lot to do with how related the school is to the community and right now there isn't a glimse of a connection between the two. Parents will always be there, but the community is what needs to be more involved.

That's where the parents/students need to go around downtown Pikeville and put up signs and ask businesses if they can write "Go Panthers" or "Hail Panthers" on their windows, because those types of ads will draw in some people to a game.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:That's where the parents/students need to go around downtown Pikeville and put up signs and ask businesses if they can write "Go Panthers" or "Hail Panthers" on their windows, because those types of ads will draw in some people to a game.
Yea, I've been trying to get something together lately to help bring some of the old stuff back. I think it would be a lot nicer if the School was downtown like it used to be. But we have what we have and gotta work with it.
Panther Thunder Wrote:Yea, I've been trying to get something together lately to help bring some of the old stuff back. I think it would be a lot nicer if the School was downtown like it used to be. But we have what we have and gotta work with it.

Yeah, the reason why I brought that up was because some of the parents at Pburg have been dissapointed in our students & fans in general lately and they are going out this week and making signs and writing in all the lawyer office building window's to draw more fans out to the game.
I have only seen a few crowds that we can mention.

Belfry, Johnson Central, and Covington Catholic. In 2006 Cov Cath was voted the Best Pep Section in The U.S. Cov Cath has the most uniform spirit, in that the whole crowd appears to participate in the cheers. And I also believe that Sports Illustrated was at Johnson Central in 2006, to write about the two pep sections.
ryandamaste5 Wrote:I have only seen a few crowds that we can mention.

Belfry, Johnson Central, and Covington Catholic. In 2006 Cov Cath was voted the Best Pep Section in The U.S. Cov Cath has the most uniform spirit, in that the whole crowd appears to participate in the cheers. And I also believe that Sports Illustrated was at Johnson Central in 2006, to write about the two pep sections.

That was 2006.

I was at JC for the JC/Belfry game and wasn't impressed with the JC crowd at all.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:That was 2006.

I was at JC for the JC/Belfry game and wasn't impressed with the JC crowd at all.

The crowd was actually big, the stands are just huge. If you get to the top of them you will probably get a nosebleed from the height.
Panther Thunder Wrote:Yea, I've been trying to get something together lately to help bring some of the old stuff back. I think it would be a lot nicer if the School was downtown like it used to be. But we have what we have and gotta work with it.

If anyone makes it happen, It's you. lol

I agree the school would do alot better in town, Heck all of the business are closing down even. The Jenkins game had really sad attendance for a playoff game. Corbin and Belfry were really the only matchups that filled the stands. A sprinkle of rain and 2 below 60, Panther fans are turning on the radio these days. In other words, at home. While we've both still supported Pikeville while at different schools some time and point
ryandamaste5 Wrote:The crowd was actually big, the stands are just huge. If you get to the top of them you will probably get a nosebleed from the height.

Johnson Central's stands are not that big.

I'm think that the rain may have kept some JC fans from showing up that night.
also If you will look in the Plaza beside the stadium...Tailgaters galore...
BlackcatAlum Wrote:Johnson Central's stands are not that big.

I'm think that the rain may have kept some JC fans from showing up that night.

I agree... The rain did hamper on some of the fan base I would say. I know Belfry's side was standing room only!! LOL... and some did stand around the track area.

Are you coming to the Belfry/Russell game Friday night?

If you need assistance feel free to e-mail me at:
[email=phs1986@bluegrassrivals.com]phs1986@bluegrassrivals.com[/email]
phs1986 Wrote:I agree... The rain did hamper on some of the fan base I would say. I know Belfry's side was standing room only!! LOL... and some did stand around the track area.

I was on the side of the Belfry fans and there was ALOT!
phs1986 Wrote:I agree... The rain did hamper on some of the fan base I would say. I know Belfry's side was standing room only!! LOL... and some did stand around the track area.

Nope, will be at the Pburg/M'boro game.
Of the teams I've watched this year, I'd have to say Belfry has the best followed by Johnson Central. That is taking into account attendance of away games and total dedication.
BOBCAT-BLACK & GOLD Wrote:hazard endzone fans.....brutal

[Image: http://inlinethumb43.webshots.com/41642/...500Q85.jpg][url=http://sports.webshots.com/photo/2084070750069226593GTHMHm][/url]
South Floyd has the worst...we were lucky to get 20 students to come to a game.
Sheldon Clark has a lot of fans come out for their games when it's not raining.
Hazard have the best fans. I might not go to ever game. I do go watch the best games i can find that week. No matter is it Hazard, or i have to drive all the way to Louisville to watch X vs T.
cj2561 Wrote:Hazard have the best fans. I might not go to ever game. I do go watch the best games i can find that week. No matter is it Hazard, or i have to drive all the way to Louisville to watch X vs T.

Your either a homer or you've never been to Belfry.

Not dissing Hazard at all, but Belfry has the best fans, atmosphere, etc. in the mountains.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:Nothings like it used to be, but yeah, Belfry has the best around here.

I agree;BELFRY.When you go there it ALL overwelms you.It's like one of those Texas highschool football towns you see on television.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:Your either a homer or you've never been to Belfry.

Not dissing Hazard at all, but Belfry has the best fans, atmosphere, etc. in the mountains.

I been to Belfry once, it was a while back. It was back in the 90's when i went there. I can't remember how to get there now. I would like to see there new field. By what i heard about there field it is nice.
belfry pirates baby!!!
The College One Wrote:belfry pirates baby!!!

Belfry fans have gotten a little spoiled, but they still have the biggest following around here, and the CAM has the best "big game" atmosphere out there. If you do not believe it, then go back to the Breathitt County game last year, or just show up this Friday night. JC had a great atmosphere, even in bad conditions for the Belfry game.
If...Then Wrote:Neither is Pikeville. Belfry fans should take notice that Belfry's "TIME" could end soon. Yet they still have the best spirit around

Belfry may indeed have a transition year next year, which will still make them a really good team and a threat in 3A. Their time will continue for a long time, because they have a lot of really good young players and they middle school teams are loaded.