Poll: Powell Co @ Taylor C0 3-A Playoff
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Taylor Co
44.90%
Powell Co
55.10%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Powell Co. @ Taylor Co. (3A 1st Round)
Powell and Taylor are very evenly matched teams. Everyone thinks this is a gimme for Taylor, but its going to be just as hard for Taylor to beat Powell as its going to be for Powell to beat Taylor. Powell needs to play flawless football and quit beating themselves on offense. Taylor needs to play defense or its going to be a long night. I'm predicting a wet, cold, and sloppy night and I can't make a prediction. Whichever team shows up in my opinion
Protect_This_House26 Wrote:Powell plays in a 5 team district. There are Breathitt, Estill, Powell, Fleming, and Harlan. Powell earned the spot in playoffs. Maybe you should do some researching before you say stuff.

Breathitt, Estill, Harlan Central are all 3 in the top 10 in 3a ratings.
estillforlife Wrote:Powell and Taylor are very evenly matched teams. Everyone thinks this is a gimme for Taylor, but its going to be just as hard for Taylor to beat Powell as its going to be for Powell to beat Taylor. Powell needs to play flawless football and quit beating themselves on offense. Taylor needs to play defense or its going to be a long night. I'm predicting a wet, cold, and sloppy night and I can't make a prediction. Whichever team shows up in my opinion

If Powell can score they will have a chance to win.
TC Card Wrote:Im sorry but I just don't see us losing this one not after all the momentum we have after winning the schools first ever District Championship.

Which was won a 3 way tiebreaker.
generaljc Wrote:I just love it how Powell County has to put down Jackson County when all I am doing is preparing them for the loss tonight! It's funny to me how everyone from Powell County forgets to read the last part of my posts, about them stopping a Jackson County bus when it was going back home from the game. I know you are embarrassed by this and I would be too if I lived in Powell County. In Jackson County we are a bit more civilized than you and do not participate in this kind of behavior. We do not have coaches and players go out and stop buses in the middle of town, Taylor County doesn't either so don't be shocked when you go home and they are not standing out in front of your bus!!
A coach should not paticipate in this sort of behavior.
IMO Powell co plays in the best 3a district in the state. Its loaded with talent. These boys earned their spot in the playoffs. Give them credit for it!
bobcatfan22 Wrote:IMO Powell co plays in the best 3a district in the state. Its loaded with talent. These boys earned their spot in the playoffs. Give them credit for it!

If not the best, one of the hardest.
You are not playing Breathitt, Estill or Harlan Central. Any of the above would be too pyhsical for Taylor.
estillforlife Wrote:Powell and Taylor are very evenly matched teams. Everyone thinks this is a gimme for Taylor, but its going to be just as hard for Taylor to beat Powell as its going to be for Powell to beat Taylor. Powell needs to play flawless football and quit beating themselves on offense. Taylor needs to play defense or its going to be a long night. I'm predicting a wet, cold, and sloppy night and I can't make a prediction. Whichever team shows up in my opinion

Powell has not shown up in the big games. It seems they do not fight back when the odds are stacked against them. If they lay down tonight , It will be a very long night indeed. Powell cannot be intimidated or it will be over before it begins. I would like to see a little less talk and alot more action from Powell.
Will Powell accept the Macon Challenge? or will they gripe and make excuses on tomorrow's threads. Better be some "MAN UP" from these big Powell talkers because you havn't manned up in a BIG GAME yet.
The College One Wrote:Macon does not like to get hit hard and fumbles sometimes if you have read in the earlier posts F.N.L. he is just a player like everyone else. Taylor county may think he is a god and everyone should bow where he walks. But to powell he is just another football player.

Channing Fugate was just another player too and a 1 man show. Powell was scared too death of him. You better not have that mentality tonight.
PowellFootball#5 Wrote:Powell County is a great team but as i'v heard Taylor County is also a great team but for the M.V.P's for Powell are Billy Rice, Jesse Rose, David Crowe, Jared Barron, Tyler Perkins a.k.a Big Perk, and Timothy Hardy. Powell has had a great year 6 and 4 might not be a good record to some people but it was history for these young men on this team. Powell has some great talent and whenthey want to play all 4 quarters then they can't be stoped. I give Powell a touchdown win and advanceing into the 2nd round. Good Luck to both teams......!!!!!!

Who is Big Perk? I have not heard of him. Is he an O-lineman?
Protect_This_House26 Wrote:Powell plays in a 5 team district. There are Breathitt, Estill, Powell, Fleming, and Harlan. Powell earned the spot in playoffs. Maybe you should do some researching before you say stuff.
I said that I was wrong....Geeeesh.........Get over it.....I changed my post that said that Powell had not earned the spot if you bothered to "research." I had forgot about Fleming County being in that district, so I admitted my mistake.....Why be such an ..............about it?
Twitter: @tc_analytics

F.N.L. Wrote:Powell has not shown up in the big games. It seems they do not fight back when the odds are stacked against them. If they lay down tonight , It will be a very long night indeed. Powell cannot be intimidated or it will be over before it begins. I would like to see a little less talk and alot more action from Powell.
Will Powell accept the Macon Challenge? or will they gripe and make excuses on tomorrow's threads. Better be some "MAN UP" from these big Powell talkers because you havn't manned up in a BIG GAME yet.
:eek::Clap:
Twitter: @tc_analytics

Taylor Co. by 2 TDs.
Good luck Powell Co.