East Ridge vs Belfry (Predictions)
What's your predictions?
got to go with Belfry 8)
I have to go with Belfry also.. they should win this one pretty easy
Belfry by at least 40
Belfry 35
East Ridge 7
Belfry by 40.
east ridge is really looking pretty good right after making some arrangments,so i think it will be a good game pretty reasonable!

ER-20
belrfy-14
Belfry is my guess on this one, but I don't think they will stomp them completely.
Belfry - 42
East Ridge - 14
Belfry. I don't think that Belfry will TOTALLY run away with them but I see a big score deficit. Best of luck to my Warriors but I don't see them doing very well against a team as big and experienced as the Pirates.
Belfry should win this one by as much as they want to. East Ridge has some good players but I dont think they have a chance to stay anywhere close to belfry. But good luck to both teams
Warrriors are looking good right now . I think it will be a closer game this year,than the last three. Warrior D is greatly improved. The warriors win by 6
Belfry...lets say by 55 8)
Belfry - 49
East Ridge - 6
ER_2006 Wrote:Warrriors are looking good right now . I think it will be a closer game this year,than the last three. Warrior D is greatly improved. The warriors win by 6

Warriors by 6? Yea, I would love to see them win. Quite frankly, I would pee on myself if they did but how do you have more faith than I do? They are improving and they won't get beat like previous years I hope but winning?!?
I hope that ER continues to improve. But, Them actually beating Belfry you've got to be kidding....It seriously takes years to get to a level of cometitiveness in football.
Breathitt, Belfry, Pikeville & Prestonsburg did not get where they were at in 3 yrs. It took Belfry 40 years to play for the State Title in 1979, they returned again in 1984 & 1985 and left as Runner-ups. And then 18 years later, we actually win our first State Title in 2003.
Belfry by 30 if thier nice
I will have to say that belfry definatly wont run away with this game. They may be the defending 2a state champs but they are still down this year a whole lot. Whoever wins it will be close game. Within a td or 2. The east ridge kids have alot of heart and alot of fight in them and they still havent played to their full potential. We have a chance to surprse alot of people. talent wise we arent that differant we jus have to give it our all and keep fighting.
No one is saying that ER doesn't have heart or fight. Belfry did lose two players last year from the backfield. Neither 4A Henry Clay & 3A Lawrence County was able to successfully able to stop the running game of the Pirates.

We played a great first half against Henry Clay which no one they have played has even came close to beating them yet, not even 5 time 3A Champ Boyle County @ Boyle. Belfry came from behind to beat 3A Lawrence County. Now on the other hand, East Ridge has gotten beat by Shelby Valley in the PCB and the Warriors beat up on a beaten down Class A South Floyd team that was missing five starters last friday. I just don't see the comparison.

Don't get me wrong, I respect any team that Belfry has on their schedule.
I just can't see anyway that ER can come close in this game unless Belfry sits on the bus.
ER_2005_qb,

I certainly hope you do not honestly believe that Belfry is so down that East Ridge has a legitimate shot in this one? Belfry may not have Howard and Jones but they are still a top 5 2A team right now (the entire class is recovering from graduation it seems). Belfry still has a VERY good o-line, three runners (Chapman, May, and Maynard) who are better than any player on the Warrior's team, a legendary head coach who has this team improving every week, and a program that is light years ahead of ER.

Belfry has been 60 points better than East Ridge every year since the school formed, they just always pull the starters to keep the score from getting out of hand. Do you honestly think that East Ridge is good enough from being 60 points worse than Belfry to beating them in the course of one season when the Pirates are STILL a state title contender?

Can ER beat Belfry? Sure...anything can happen if the stars align right. Is it remotely plausible to think it will happen? No way....

There's a big difference in losing to Shelby Valley such as the Warriors did and losing to the team that one poll considers to be #1 in the entire state of KY in Henry Clay.
well said orisonspi.. I wish ER the best of luck. However, their still a long way away from being able to compete with Belfry. Your talking about the "cream of the crop" in mountain football.
Madden , It is probably made adjustments not arrangements. ER has been in developing stages over the past couple of years and they do look better, but this is Belfry, ER is improving but Belfry is still State Champions until they get beat out. Look for Belfry to score 35 and take the starters out
thetribe Wrote:
ER_2006 Wrote:Warrriors are looking good right now . I think it will be a closer game this year,than the last three. Warrior D is greatly improved. The warriors win by 6

Warriors by 6? Yea, I would love to see them win. Quite frankly, I would pee on myself if they did but how do you have more faith than I do? They are improving and they won't get beat like previous years I hope but winning?!?
lord now i am torn, idont know what i would like to see more, a belfry win or thetribe peeing herself, thats some funny stuff right there Big Grin
belfry will win it in the first half then haywood will sit his boys he dont like to run up the score
MR.INCREDIBLE Wrote:
thetribe Wrote:

lord now i am torn, idont know what i would like to see more, a belfry win or thetribe peeing herself, thats some funny stuff right there Big Grin

It is quite possible Mr. I. I was talking to one of my friends today, who is a Belfry alumni and now an East Ridge teacher and I told her the same thing. I have some confidence in our boys and we are improving. It does take years to built a wonderful program like Belfry has and you need to start young which does not happen with our boys but they try and I look forward to the game, no matter the outcome. I wish them the very best of luck. And yes, I would probably come close to peeing on myself if we won. :o
belfry will win big
Statistics so far this season:

East Ridge:
Points Scored- 50
Points Allowed- 38
Total Rushing Yards- 416
Total Rushing Yards Allowed- 364
Total Passing Yards- 137
Total Passing Yards Allowed- 75

Belfry:
Points Scored- 28
Points Allowed- 56
Total Rushing Yards- 525
Total Rushing Yards Allowed- 377
Total Passing Yards- 0
Total Passing Yards Allowed- 237

These are the stats as the coaches have posted, please do not hold any errors against me, I just posted what I had found.
East Ridge has scored 50 points this season, 6 against Shelby Valley and 44 against a undermanned South Floyd team that was missing starters.

I would love to see what East Ridge could do against Henry Clay and Lawrence County. All of a sudden the Warriors have become world beaters because of their win over South Floyd. :roll:

Its easy to pad the stats when you play weaker teams :| Smile
Go Big Red Wrote:East Ridge has scored 50 points this season, 6 against Shelby Valley and 44 against a undermanned South Floyd team that was missing starters.

I would love to see what East Ridge could do against Henry Clay and Lawrence County. All of a sudden the Warriors have become world beaters because of their win over South Floyd. :roll:

Its easy to pad the stats when you play weaker teams :| Smile

Why do people keep saying SF was a fluke? it was a legit win, and we played well against a team who didnt, starters gone or not.

And the whole Belfry x ER deal..... ER by 6....
Belfry makes little mistakes:

Belfry - 35
ER -14

Belfry has a perfect game:

Belfry - 48
ER - 0

I agree with DP and say that the Pirates will put up 34-41 pts, then call off the dogs and open up the playbook to work on other plays. Haywood does'nt ever run up the score intentionally...He is too classy of a coach to do that.

Sorry Warrior fans, but the Pirates will be too much to handle in this one.