Poll: Who Wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Somerset
11.54%
Harlan Co.
88.46%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Somerset @ Harlan Co.
Somerset (5-4) @ Harlan County (6-3)
Twitter: @tc_analytics

TheBrahmaBull Wrote:Somerset (5-4) @ Harlan County (6-3)
This should be a great game with a lot of rushing yardage. Somerset has been really inconsistent but has played well when they have had to. This game has huge playoff implications because if Somerset wins, they move into the 2nd spot in the district if Wayne loses to Monroe, which they probably will. If Somerset moves into the 2nd seed, these two teams would meet again @ Somerset in the 1st round! Even the Massey ratings have this game a a virtual toss-up.

TheBrahmaBull Wrote:Somerset (5-4) @ Harlan County (6-3)

This game is actually at Somerset. We plan on winning it so we do not have to turn right around and go back to Somerset and play there the next Friday. Big Grin
Mama Bear Wrote:This game is actually at Somerset. We plan on winning it so we do not have to turn right around and go back to Somerset and play there the next Friday. Big Grin
My mistake.....Thanks for the correction....:rockon:

So if Wayne loses to Monroe, Taylor will win on the tiebreaker.
H.C.C. will beat a depleted Somerset 42-21
F.N.L. Wrote:So if Wayne loses to Monroe, Taylor will win on the tiebreaker.
That is the way it looks.....I think there is a good chance of the higher seeds winning in every game with the exception of Garrard\Breathitt.

F.N.L. Wrote:H.C.C. will beat a depleted Somerset 42-21
"Depleted?" Do they have injuries of importance?

Corbin thumped them last Friday. I don't see why Harlan County won't do the same.
TheBrahmaBull Wrote:That is the way it looks.....I think there is a good chance of the higher seeds winning in every game with the exception of Garrard\Breathitt.

Confused...:confused:
Do you mean you can see the lower seeds winning except for Garrard?
#3 Somerset would play #2 Estill County
#3 Harlan County would play #2 Taylor County
#4 Powell County would play #1 Wayne County
Box Top Wrote:Confused...:confused:
Do you mean you can see the lower seeds winning except for Garrard?
#3 Somerset would play #2 Estill County
#3 Harlan County would play #2 Taylor County
#4 Powell County would play #1 Wayne County
Wayne more than likely will not be the #1 seed in the west. TC has the inside track on the #1 seed.....I can see Powell(4) upsetting TC(1) because of the lack of defense from TC and in a high scoring game anything can happen. I think Harlan (3) can beat Wayne(2), and I think Somerset(3) can beat Estill(2). Do I predict Somerset beating Estill, nope, but it will not be a blow-out.

I'm taking our Harlan County Black Bears of course. Come on boys, cap off the regular season with a "W".

GO BEARS!!! :letsparty
TheBrahmaBull Wrote:Wayne more than likely will not be the #1 seed in the west. TC has the inside track on the #1 seed.....I can see Powell(4) upsetting TC(1) because of the lack of defense from TC and in a high scoring game anything can happen. I think Harlan (3) can beat Wayne(2), and I think Somerset(3) can beat Estill(2). Do I predict Somerset beating Estill, nope, but it will not be a blow-out.

I'm pretty sure it is already setup for HC to play TC in the first round unless HC loses to Somerset and Taylor County wins and Wayne County loses, even then I do not think TC has enough points to break the tie over Wayne County.
Box Top Wrote:I'm pretty sure it is already setup for HC to play TC in the first round unless HC loses to Somerset and Taylor County wins and Wayne County loses, even then I do not think TC has enough points to break the tie over Wayne County.
If TC beats Caverna, and Wayne loses to Monroe TC would jump over Wayne County from what "palmer" had posted. I have not researched the issue closely enough but thought "palmer" did a good job with it. Wayne can pick up 2 points if Metcalfe Co. can def. Adair County and Pulaski def. West Jessamine giving them 12.
Here is what "Palmer" posted.....
palmer Wrote:They've all beat Casey (2), Jackson (1) and Garrard (4).

So it comes down to this:

Wayne has defeated Pulaski County (6), Russell County (4) and still has Monroe County (8) to go.

Taylor has defeated Campbellsville (3), Hart County (4) and still has Caverna (5).

Somerset has defeated Metcalfe County (4) and still has Harlan County (6) to go.
If there is still a tie after the 4 teams are calculated the following rule would apply:
iii) If the tie remains after application of provision (ii), an
additional defeated opponent’s wins will be added to the
point total for each team until the tie is broken and the
winner of the tied position declared, or until all games are
exhausted.

iv) If the tie for the position involves only three teams, and the
application of (ii) and (iii) results in one team being declared
the winner of the tied position based on point totals, the
highest point total from the application of (ii) and (iii)
between the two remaining tied teams shall be declared to
hold the next position.

If you can make some sense of all this mess you are a smarter man than I......lol

LETS GO BEARS!!!! I think these boys can pull off the win!!
Black Bears-48 Somerset-20 GO BLACK BEARS!!!! It's time.
Harlan 48-28
This playoff stuff sort of confuses me, but I am no where near confused when I pick my Black Bears to Win 35-21. Go Bears
I'll take my Bears this week for a another W.Big Grin
I think the Bears will finish the regular season up strong with a big win over Somerset. Go Black Bears! :rockon:
Harlan- 31 Somerset- 26
where is Denmother?i need a ride to the game.
Harlan Co. should beat a down Somerset team!
DaBears Wrote:where is Denmother?i need a ride to the game.

I caught her smoking a cigar behind the bleachers!
Mama Bear Wrote:I caught her smoking a cigar behind the bleachers!

i knew she smoked cigars.Cool
You two are such commedians Smile You better watch out...I'll gitcha when you least expect it!!! :moon: :ChairHit:

AND DaBears...you can walk to Somerset big guy, he, he, he.
BlackBearDenMother Wrote:You two are such commedians Smile You better watch out...I'll gitcha when you least expect it!!! :moon: :ChairHit:

AND DaBears...you can walk to Somerset big guy, he, he, he.

awww that was mean.:Sad04: so i guess thats a big no.

i guess i will be riding my bike to the game.:bike: