Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
53rd District 08-09
I would like to know how you rank these teams.

1. KCC
2. Jenkins
3. LCC
4. JBS
5. Cordia
1.KCC
2.LCC
3.Jenkins
4.JBS
5.Cordia
Explain to me how you put LCC over Jenkins. When Jenkins beat them in the tournament last year to go to the Championship game and Region.
1. jbs
2. kcc
3-5 lcc/jenkins/cordia.

a lot of people forget about jbs. and as much as i hate it. they will be good next year and losing megan didn't help kcc much. lol.
1. KCC
2. LCC
3. JBS
4. Jenkins
5. Cordia
ladypatriot55 Wrote:1. jbs
2. kcc
3-5 lcc/jenkins/cordia.

a lot of people forget about jbs. and as much as i hate it. they will be good next year and losing megan didn't help kcc much. lol.

JBS has 6 kids playing. Not enough.
They way it stand after the tournament last year.

1.KCC
2.Jenkins
3.JBS
4.LCC
5.Cordia
How many players did Jenkins lose?
1. LCC hand down, with all their addtions from 8th grade hold backs. They have played together all summer long and are tough to beat.
2. JBS still have a some talented big girls and the guards are shooting the ball too, don't overlook them like you could in the past.
3. Cordia, unless the 8th grader transfers after the gradeschool tourney is over to Knott or Perry
4. KCC, no megan, they are in trouble.
5. Jenkins, just not many players left in Letcher county
MVP2 Wrote:How many players did Jenkins lose?

None. Our seniors quit last year but we have everyone back from last season and gained 11 players.
mountain hoops guru Wrote:1. LCC hand down, with all their addtions from 8th grade hold backs. They have played together all summer long and are tough to beat.
2. JBS still have a some talented big girls and the guards are shooting the ball too, don't overlook them like you could in the past.
3. Cordia, unless the 8th grader transfers after the gradeschool tourney is over to Knott or Perry
4. KCC, no megan, they are in trouble.
5. Jenkins, just not many players left in Letcher county

Im goin to take a guess your an LCC fan. Because you ranked them #1. KCC should be in the #1 spot for now. They finished #1 last year and Jenkins #2. Because Jenkins beat LCC by 2 in the District Tournament. And with the comment you put beside Jenkins. You said they don't have any good players left in Letcher County. If you don't remember last year a girl named Katelyn Sexton. he had 30 points in one game and can shoot the three. Kayla Stambaugh is a great defensive player. Then we have Nicole Revis she is a great player and is a senior this year. She is shooting the ball better then the begginig of last year. So before you say that Jenkins doesn't have any good players you need to check your facts.
Sorry, not a LCC fan, but with the 8, yes 8 great ball players that were holdbacks last year coming up to what they have and a good coach. They are the team to beat no matter what happened last year. That was LAST YEAR, we are talking about now. Knott lost the best player in the district, and have to prove the can deal with it before becoming #1. Jenkins better not get to cocky because they beat LCC last year, it happens every once in a while, but don't see it happening again for a while, sorry I ruffled some feathers, but that is just how it is going to be this year. Look out for the Cougars. Depth, Height, Shooting, Inside game, Coach, they have everything they need now. As should a team with that many students, just like PCC, that is why they always compete for the 14th region title and will be no different this year.
Correct me if im wrong, but it seems like Cordia beat Jenkins near the end of the season. If thats right and im 100% sure then the way your going about sherman14 Cordia would be ranked about Letcher and Jenkins. Not the way i see however.
1. Knott-until proven otherwise
2. LCC-Total different team without a doubt top contender.
3. JBS-tie with Cordia and Jenkins. If the little guard goes back to Cordia then they may be 3rd. JBS lost a player to Knott will hurt.
So truth of the matter IMO is 3 equal teams after Knott and Letcher. But if not cant handle the press who knows, and sometimes to many good players on a team and hurt LCC. Look at JBS last year.
This might actually be the most competitive district 1-5 and they draw not seed.
I meant that if KNOTT Co. cant handle the press which is what i think there weakness is, then they could beat on any given night.
mountain hoops guru Wrote:Sorry, not a LCC fan, but with the 8, yes 8 great ball players that were holdbacks last year coming up to what they have and a good coach. They are the team to beat no matter what happened last year. That was LAST YEAR, we are talking about now. Knott lost the best player in the district, and have to prove the can deal with it before becoming #1. Jenkins better not get to cocky because they beat LCC last year, it happens every once in a while, but don't see it happening again for a while, sorry I ruffled some feathers, but that is just how it is going to be this year. Look out for the Cougars. Depth, Height, Shooting, Inside game, Coach, they have everything they need now. As should a team with that many students, just like PCC, that is why they always compete for the 14th region title and will be no different this year.

We'll see what happens. Jenkins will prove this year they are better than LCC. We beat them last year when it mattered the most. Jenkins isn't getting cocky I know what they can do and you'll see what they can do this year. And you said Jenkins beating LCC is a once and awhile thing. And it may not happen for a long time. Well I can't see into the future but I see Jenkins beating out LCC in the District Tournament yet again this year.
This is a two horse race. LCC and KCC have to many good players. Cordia, JBS and Jenkins have a couple of good players each and no depth. One tourney game with foul trouble = season over.
I think you placed a K where a P supposed to be username1???? 2 horse race is right, but it's LCC and PCC, Knott can't deal with losing mosely.
PCC will be good but they play in a different district.
mountain hoops guru Wrote:I think you placed a K where a P supposed to be username1???? 2 horse race is right, but it's LCC and PCC, Knott can't deal with losing mosely.

What does PCC have to with this district?
Lcc And Ever One Else
That was the only loss that LCC has ever suffered to Jenkins. And I'd say from the look of things it will be the last. Last year was a very untypical year for Letcher County. But that is now over and this team is poised to return to the top of the region. Players are all back. This team is about to take off and is going to keep on getting stronger.

Good luck to the other school in Letcher County.

This is how I rank the district:

LCC
KCC
Jenkins
Cordia
JBS
Well hears mine.
KCC
Jenkins
LCC
JBS
Cordia
Benchwarmer Wrote:1. KCC
2. LCC
3. JBS
4. Jenkins
5. Cordia

I agree with this order. KCC/LCC I believe will be the two teams fighting for the district. JBS is good but with the loss of all thier young talent, Jacobs,
Adams, King will leave them a short bench. Hovee can only carry them so far, if the others will step up thier game they could be a threat.
Don't see Jenkins or Cordia getting to the Region unless they draw each other in district.
mountain hoops guru Wrote:I think you placed a K where a P supposed to be username1???? 2 horse race is right, but it's LCC and PCC, Knott can't deal with losing mosely.

Don't sell Knott short just yet, They played a decent Harlan Central team @ Letcher this weekend and handled not having Megan OK. KCC still will need everyone to help with the ball handling to make up for Megan but they have several that are capable of handling the pressure.
Knott scrimmages Breathitt at the SPORTSPLEX on Tuesday, should be interesting.
1)LCC
2)Jenkins
3)KCC
4)JBS
5)Cordia

You cannot judge this years ranks by last years performance in the district tournament. Several of those girls are gone and it is totally different teams. Letcher Central did not lose any key players. They have most everybody returning. Jenkins has everybody returning. KCC lost Mosly but will still have a "decent" team. JBS is always in the mix. Cordia.... Well.. They will do alright I guess..
FBIMAN Wrote:Don't sell Knott short just yet, They played a decent Harlan Central team @ Letcher this weekend and handled not having Megan OK. KCC still will need everyone to help with the ball handling to make up for Megan but they have several that are capable of handling the pressure.
Knott scrimmages Breathitt at the SPORTSPLEX on Tuesday, should be interesting.

do you know who won the other games played at LCC
LCC over Betsy Layne
Leslie over Jenkins
sherman14 Wrote:Im goin to take a guess your an LCC fan. Because you ranked them #1. KCC should be in the #1 spot for now. They finished #1 last year and Jenkins #2. Because Jenkins beat LCC by 2 in the District Tournament. And with the comment you put beside Jenkins. You said they don't have any good players left in Letcher County. If you don't remember last year a girl named Katelyn Sexton. he had 30 points in one game and can shoot the three. Kayla Stambaugh is a great defensive player. Then we have Nicole Revis she is a great player and is a senior this year. She is shooting the ball better then the begginig of last year. So before you say that Jenkins doesn't have any good players you need to check your facts.

And I couldn't guess you were a Jenkins fan?
HOw did you know??? Smile

Letcher really looked good against Betsy Layne and Leslie dominated Jenkins.
LCC
KCC
Jenkins
JBS
Cordia