Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2A District 7&8 Playoff?
Correct me if I'm wrong here but I think both districts 7 & 8 are squared away and I think these are the seedings.

First Round
Prestonsburg (1 seed District 7) vs. Knott Co. Central (4 seed District 8)
Bath Co. (2 seed District 7) vs. Leslie Co. (3 seed District 8)
Shelby Valley (3 seed District 7) vs. (Middlesboro 2 seed District 8)
Morgan Co. (4 seed District 7) vs. Corbin (1 seed District 8)

Help me out here. I'm confused.
IF Prestonsburg defeats Shelby Valley it will look like this...

1)Prestonsburg
4)Knott County Central

3)Shelby Valley
2)Middlesboro

2)Bath County
3)Leslie County

4)Morgan County
1)Corbin
Corbin and Bath might be an interesting game.
Itll be prestonsburg vs. corbin
Prestonsburg wins.
CLASS 2A
DISTRICT 7 & 8
KNOTT CENTRAL @ PRESTONSBURG
LESILE CO. @ BATH CO.
SHELBY VALLEY @ MIDDLESBORO
MORGAN CO. @ CORBIN
Corbin looks like a pretty tough team to beat. They beat Knox Central whose only other defeat was to Bell co. If it comes down to Corbin and Prestonsburg, it looks like it will be a very tough game.
Nuffsaid23 Wrote:Corbin looks like a pretty tough team to beat. They beat Knox Central whose only other defeat was to Bell co. If it comes down to Corbin and Prestonsburg, it looks like it will be a very tough game.

I agree and i would be very iffy calling a winner if those two face each other. If they do play each other who would be the home team?
bac2369 Wrote:I agree and i would be very iffy calling a winner if those two face each other. If they do play each other who would be the home team?

I'm quite sure that the game would be played at Corbin.

But I don't want to look that far ahead because Middlesboro scares the heck outta me.:eek:
I'm confused. Would Prestonsburg play Bath Co. or Middlesboro in the second round? There are different schedules on here.
BCF4L Wrote:I'm confused. Would Prestonsburg play Bath Co. or Middlesboro in the second round? There are different schedules on here.

If Pburg and Middlesboro both win their first round games, then Middlesboro would go to Pburg in round two. This is all dependent on Pburg defeating SV on Friday, which IMO should be no problem.
bucslover68 Wrote:If Pburg and Middlesboro both win their first round games, then Middlesboro would go to Pburg in round two. This is all dependent on Pburg defeating SV on Friday, which IMO should be no problem.

Even if P-burg manages to lose to SV Friday, the point system for a 3-way tiebreaker (P-burg, SV, and Bath Co.) would still designate the Blackcats as the 1st seed.

With that said, I'm sure P-burg prefers taking it outright.
bucslover68 Wrote:If Pburg and Middlesboro both win their first round games, then Middlesboro would go to Pburg in round two. This is all dependent on Pburg defeating SV on Friday, which IMO should be no problem.
Thanks. I've still yet to understand seeding for the playoffs. Where would the Prestonsburg/Corbin game be played if both teams make it that far?
BCF4L Wrote:Thanks. I've still yet to understand seeding for the playoffs. Where would the Prestonsburg/Corbin game be played if both teams make it that far?

Last year the odd number district teams hosted the regional championship, this season the even number teams will host the championships, meaning that the game would be played @ Corbin.
Corbin's district title in fact insured home field all the way throughout the playoffs. Back in 2002 when Corbin made the state title game only to get thumped by Breathitt County, we held each playoff game at home too.
HAROLD Wrote:Corbin's district title in fact insured home field all the way throughout the playoffs. Back in 2002 when Corbin made the state title game only to get thumped by Breathitt County, we held each playoff game at home too.

Being in an even/even or odd/odd districts can be very helpful every other year. But last year, it worked against Corbin in last yr's weirdly rotated "regionals" (3rd round).

This year the winner of the region gets to host the Semi-Final game... :Thumbs:
Yep, it sure did. It was a COOOOOLD trip to Newport last November in round 3. It's going to be a tough row to hoe for the Hounds but I hope they can repay the favor and get a little revenge. I'll say this much about the Thoroughbred fans. They were a classy and welcoming bunch. I hope if we meet up again, the Corbin faithful treat them as well as they treated us.

You're Blackcats could provide quite the game for the Hounds should both teams take care of business in the first two rounds. I'm just glad that the playoff format is back to the regular ways. I saw no benefit in having to play a team in round one that you beat the daylights out of a week or two prior should you win the district. Being familiar with teams just make it that much easier because you know what to prepare for. I like the difficulty of having to play teams you are not really familiar with in the playoffs where coaches get about 3 or 4 days to prepare. It kind of levels out the playing field.
HAROLD Wrote:Yep, it sure did. It was a COOOOOLD trip to Newport last November in round 3. It's going to be a tough row to hoe for the Hounds but I hope they can repay the favor and get a little revenge. I'll say this much about the Thoroughbred fans. They were a classy and welcoming bunch. I hope if we meet up again, the Corbin faithful treat them as well as they treated us.

You're Blackcats could provide quite the game for the Hounds should both teams take care of business in the first two rounds. I'm just glad that the playoff format is back to the regular ways. I saw no benefit in having to play a team in round one that you beat the daylights out of a week or two prior should you win the district. Being familiar with teams just make it that much easier because you know what to prepare for. I like the difficulty of having to play teams you are not really familiar with in the playoffs where coaches get about 3 or 4 days to prepare. It kind of levels out the playing field.

Hey Harold glad to have you on BGR. I saw the Hounds play Belfry last year and Pikeville this year and I know they are loaded. I think they have a great shot at going far in the playoffs. Good Luck to another "Big Red" team. I pull for the Pirates of Belfry.
bucslover68 Wrote:Hey Harold glad to have you on BGR. I saw the Hounds play Belfry last year and Pikeville this year and I know they are loaded. I think they have a great shot at going far in the playoffs. Good Luck to another "Big Red" team. I pull for the Pirates of Belfry.

Glad to be here. Always have enjoyed the Pirates. Never anything flashy, just good ol fashion football in that camp. Coach Haywood has a great thing going over there. Loved the facilities last season. The Cam is top notch and the football team is even more impressive. Hope you guys do well and go all the way.
HAROLD Wrote:...

Agree completely !!!

:1:
HAROLD Wrote:Glad to be here. Always have enjoyed the Pirates. Never anything flashy, just good ol fashion football in that camp. Coach Haywood has a great thing going over there. Loved the facilities last season. The Cam is top notch and the football team is even more impressive. Hope you guys do well and go all the way.

I have seen Corbin play several times over the years, but I have never been to a football game at Corbin. I have watched a couple of sectional baseball games at the baseball field when Pikeville played there. Yep, you do not get a fancy team when you play Belfry, but what they do is very effective. I am sure they will have a nice playoff run. as will Corbin. Good Luck to the Hounds.