Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bell Co. 48 - Sheldon Clark 0
I agree with you pink flamingo! do your talking on the field!
OffTheHook Wrote:The combined record of the teams they have played, before Bell was 12-31. That is why everyone is saying SC is overated.
In order to be a good team. You have to beat some good teams.

I have a question, everyone is saying SC is overrated but due to the fact that the Pirates have played almost the exact same schedule, what should one think of them?
Trenches07 Wrote:I have a question, everyone is saying SC is overrated but due to the fact that the Pirates have played almost the exact same schedule, what should one think of them?
Refer back to post 54.
FBALL Wrote:Nobody ever said Russell or Belfry would beat Bell County. Personally I don't think either one of them would.

Biggest difference is that Russell has played a couple of pretty good teams. Belfry I haven't really been sold on either. The best win they have is against Louisville Holy Cross. We will get a good idea this week about how Belfry and Sheldon Clark stack up. Russell gets its test from Mason County.

I still Think Louisville Central is the best team in 3A. Belfry, Breathitt, Mason County, Russell and Sheldon Clark are all pretty close IMO.

What good teams has Russell played except for the two that beat you? Only one with a winning record is Boyd County at 4-3.
Bobcat_Dad Wrote:Hold on now boys!!! Lets not get just Cardinal glasses on. Bell had twice the penalty yards then SC did. Bell Co. also had two players come out b/c they got gouged in the eyes in the piles by SC players. :devilflam

SC by no means is a clean team, I can show countless times were they were grabbing and twisting in the piles on the film.

The punching incident you are referring too is when the SC QB breaks contain and the Bell Co. DL turns to pursue and is attempted to be pulled down from behind. He then turns and takes the SC player to the ground and the helmet pops off. Your OWN COACH said he "is a hot head and runs his mouth."

So lets not open a can of worms we can't close.

I wish SC and Coach Hager luck this year.

They still have some work to do in order be as good as the 07 version.

SC is Cleaner then Bell.
FBALL Wrote:Bell County is that good and Sheldon Clark has been overrated.

who has Russell played to call Sheldon Clark overrated
Hail Mary Wrote:What good teams has Russell played except for the two that beat you? Only one with a winning record is Boyd County at 4-3.
Thats what I said.

But at least they had experience win or lose with a couple of good teams. Sheldon Clark fans were talking like they were unbeatable even though they had not played even a decent team through the first 7 games.

Welcome to the real world.
Cards10 Wrote:who has Russell played to call Sheldon Clark overrated

What does any other teams schedule have to do with SC being overrated or not? Please refer back to post 54. I'm not going to repeat myself 100 times.
Cards10 Wrote:who has Russell played to call Sheldon Clark overrated
Why is it when someone says something honest you all get so defensive. He made no implication about Russell having it easy. The post is about Sheldon Clark. SHELDON CLARK, HAS HAD IT EASY, BELFRY HAS TOO, WE BELEIVE THAT SHELDON CLARK WON'T BEAT BELFRY BECAUSE OF IT. (see nothing about russell, boyd, johnson central etc... in that statement.) Just because he is from Russell doesn't mean he uses Russell as a "measuring stick". Maybe someone can give an honest statement and be unbiased. Someone who loves the game and takes it seriously. Try it you will see there is a state full of good teams. Not just "Mountian" teams. It usually helps when someone does make a statement that helps to see the big picture, rather then just a small community that thinks they are the best without being tested!
RUSSELL RED DEVILS
Trenches07 Wrote:I have a question, everyone is saying SC is overrated but due to the fact that the Pirates have played almost the exact same schedule, what should one think of them?

Read post #52. I have already answered that question.
Belfry has to much depth and experience in hard fought football games. Size speed and strength has nothing on wisdom. Bell is a polished team, SC came to the game with to high of expectations. Once defeat was known, anger probably took over for SC, IMO. That is what Belfry is hoping for!!!
RUSSELL RED DEVILS
Guys..Bell county is really really good...their teams strength and speed was amazing..one of the best high school teams in the state
Ck_21 Wrote:Guys..Bell county is really really good...their teams strength and speed was amazing..one of the best high school teams in the state

Thank you CK for the kind words. I think sometimes the Bell fans take things for granted. :o
Bell Co looked very good the other night like one of the best teams in 4A.
Belfry and Sheldon Clark could be a close game. I believe both are physical.
:confused: Can bell win the state?
Dr. Truth Wrote::confused: Can bell win the state?
Yes.
FBALL Wrote:Yes.

I agree.
Dr. Truth Wrote::confused: Can bell win the state?

I believe they can and will. I honestly believe this is their year. LexCath is still awfully good, but beatable, and I sure hope Bell can win the title for the mountains.
bucslover68 Wrote:I believe they can and will. I honestly believe this is their year. LexCath is still awfully good, but beatable, and I sure hope Bell can win the title for the mountains.

I hope you all are right.
I am seeing either Bell or Boyle for the title.