Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who are some good receivers in the area?
who do you all think?
Prestonsburg Blackcats

Austin Gearheart - 20 rec. 504 yds. 7 tds.
Matt Sword - 7 rec. 202 yds. 2 tds.
From hazard - Greg Adams 18 rec. 525 yds. 7 tds.
(FR) Zack Blanton 11 rec. 205 yds. 1 tds.
cj2561 Wrote:From hazard - Greg Adams 18 rec. 525 yds. 7 tds.
(FR) Zack Blanton 11 rec. 205 yds. 1 tds.

When playing Micheal Campbell is as good as anyone in the state. Big, Fast, Strong, grat hands, runs good routes.
Russell has 2 very good recievers if they would throw to them more. Also a very good TE.
Casey Delong and Roger Damron from sheldon clark are 2 very dangerous receivers and they should have rly big numbers by the end of the season!!!:letsparty
Mitchell and Bailey from Russell are both very good recievers. They just don't play in an offense that passes very much.

I was really impressed with the Frasher (I think that is how it is spelled) kid # 32 from Lawrence County. Good size and good hands.
Ian Welch from jc has great hands not real sure on his stats since jc dont pass the ball to much but he is good
Frazier and Mills from lc.

LC hasent released any stats but these two are very good, Frazier and Mills both have outstanding hands and they block better than anyone on the outside. I talked to both of them after the rowan county game and they were upset with not getting the ball more.
Leonard Macon is very good for TC. He plays all over the field on offense but catches just about everything that comes his way.
Twitter: @tc_analytics

I think that it is hilarious how people say that this person and that person are great recievers when the team is about 90% run. Smile
Breathitt has Ryan Allen. He is as sure handed as they come. Dont forget about Channing coming out of the backfeild. Also Robby Huff and Josh Fletcher are making a good name for theirselves as the seasons goes along.
wilson for bc when he isnt at qb....but i like the receivers from lc they run tremendous routes and have great hands...when we played them we couldnt stop #9 or #24 i think fraizer was sick that game but them are some great receivers
C.Clair Wrote:Breathitt has Ryan Allen. He is as sure handed as they come. Dont forget about Channing coming out of the backfeild. Also Robby Huff and Josh Fletcher are making a good name for theirselves as the seasons goes along.

If breathitt QB can go down field they might be 5-1 and not 4-2. I watch them play 2 times. That P-BURG game. They should have beat them. The deepest i saw them go was 20 yards. How is he better then his 2 brother. His brother went 50 - 60 yards down field. He can run with it better then his brothers. That is the only thing he is better then them at. The other game i left in the 2nd 28-0. The hardest team they play so far is JC. Hazard play them this week.
Fridaynightmare Wrote:I think that it is hilarious how people say that this person and that person are great recievers when the team is about 90% run. Smile

It's not always the number of catches that a receiver has that makes him good. Sometimes it is the game situation and the faith that the coach has in the kid. Johnson Central runs the ball a LOT, but I bet Hazard's coach is spending practice time defending the pass. I think Johnson County has two excellent receivers in Ian Welch from Johnson Central and Corey Adams from Paintsville.
THOMCAT Wrote:It's not always the number of catches that a receiver has that makes him good. Sometimes it is the game situation and the faith that the coach has in the kid. Johnson Central runs the ball a LOT, but I bet Hazard's coach is spending practice time defending the pass. I think Johnson County has two excellent receivers in Ian Welch from Johnson Central and Corey Adams from Paintsville.

Couldn't have said it better myself. You can be a good receiver and be on a team thats primary goal is to run the ball and still make plays when the coaches decide to pass the ball.
cj2561 Wrote:If breathitt QB can go down field they might be 5-1 and not 4-2. I watch them play 2 times. That P-BURG game. They should have beat them. The deepest i saw them go was 20 yards. How is he better then his 2 brother. His brother went 50 - 60 yards down field. He can run with it better then his brothers. That is the only thing he is better then them at. The other game i left in the 2nd 28-0. The hardest team they play so far is JC. Hazard play them this week.

Jade is coming along nicely. He has gotten alot better at hitting his receivers and putting "touch" on the ball. He can throw almost all the passes his brother could throw. Jade has two great QB's teaching him and one is his brother. By the time the end of the regualr season rolls around I look for him and his receivers to be hitting full stride.
Depending on where they line him up, Hunter Adams is as good a receiver as there is around
Mikkol Alston from Murray is good
P-Burg's Gearheart is currently the 3rd leading reciever in the state and #1 in
2A. He has great hands & good speed
Hard to beat these 5 guys:
Ian Welch- Johnson Central
Austin Gearhart- Pburg
Michael Campbell- Hazard
David Bailey- Russell
Tyler Baker- Pikeville
cats claws Wrote:P-Burg's Gearheart is currently the 3rd leading reciever in the state and #1 in
2A. He has great hands & good speed

Austin has blown me away this season, he and Matt Sword are two of the better receivers Prestonsburg has had in awhile. Gearheart may be the best I've seen at Prestonsburg since Nick Jamerson.