Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Russell vs Lewis Co.
Lets hear it.
Romans 14:11
It is written: " 'As surely as I live,' says the Lord, 'every knee will bow before me; every tongue will confess to God.' "
First post. Russell wins by 5+ touchdowns.
I hope both teams remain injury free. Hopefully Russell can get some kinks worked out before their 3 game stretch that will determine how this season will be viewed.

Better work on wrapping up the runners, or the SK game will be a long long long night. Miles Simpson is the real deal. Defenders should pride themselves on the fact if they get their hands on a runner, they don't get away. Quit trying to make big hits and make tackles.
Not much to say it's already over. No offense to the players they are a great bunch of kids.I too hope they are no injuries for either side.
Why even start this thread? :confused:
BEETLE.. I agree
It is written: " 'As surely as I live,' says the Lord, 'every knee will bow before me; every tongue will confess to God.' "
UH it is a game this week on FRiday.. and just because it is Lewis County,, there are always thoughts on this and WHY NOT !!!!!!!!
The game should be discussed. while granted Russell should win. This is a test of focus for the team. Of their hopefully next 7 games, granted I'm looking ahead but they face a tough task.

Lewis Co.
Simon Kenton- which may have the best RB in Kentucky
Mason- Major District foe
Raceland- Wants to beat Russell so bad they can taste it, they hate us with a passion and they are the number 2 team in 1A
Montomery Co.-About the same as Lewis
Sheldon Clark-very very good team and phsyical, and if we get by them
Belfry- We all know how tough this matchup is

So the team really needs to start focusing on doing the small things right and bettering themselves as players and a team. There should be no let down in agressiveness this Friday just because Lewis may not be a great team. Treat every team like they are the best team on your schedule. Treat every play like it is theplay that will decide the game. If this team can adopt this attitude they can do good things, if not it could get ugly at the end. This team has years and years of Russell tradition riding on their shoulders, they need to step up and show they are worthy to wear the jersey by giving everything they have. They do that and the victories will come.
Russell
Beetle01 Wrote:The game should be discussed. while granted Russell should win. This is a test of focus for the team. Of their hopefully next 7 games, granted I'm looking ahead but they face a tough task.

Lewis Co.
Simon Kenton- which may have the best RB in Kentucky
Mason- Major District foe
Raceland- Wants to beat Russell so bad they can taste it, they hate us with a passion and they are the number 2 team in 1A
Montomery Co.-About the same as Lewis
Sheldon Clark-very very good team and phsyical, and if we get by them
Belfry- We all know how tough this matchup is

So the team really needs to start focusing on doing the small things right and bettering themselves as players and a team. There should be no let down in agressiveness this Friday just because Lewis may not be a great team. Treat every team like they are the best team on your schedule. Treat every play like it is theplay that will decide the game. If this team can adopt this attitude they can do good things, if not it could get ugly at the end. This team has years and years of Russell tradition riding on their shoulders, they need to step up and show they are worthy to wear the jersey by giving everything they have. They do that and the victories will come.

What does Russell have to do with Montgomery Co?
Russell names the score.
G/L to Russell just try to stay injury free in this game and im hoping we get paired up in the playoffs looking forward to get to meet some of you Russell fans on here.
DevilsWin Wrote:What does Russell have to do with Montgomery Co?

I think it is a 1 plays 4 thing, then so on.... I think he was saying that Montgomery Co. may end up 4th and play Russell if they are 1st in their district...... MAYBE ????????????
Well I hope not because Montgomery Co is in Class 5A, District 6!:lmao:
russell by as many as they want
DevilsWin Wrote:Well I hope not because Montgomery Co is in Class 5A, District 6!:lmao:

Exactly what I was thinking DW. Montgomery County is in Ashland's district and they are much better than Lewis County.
Welcome to BlueGrassRivals

If you ever have any questions, problems, or comments, contact me at [email=tomcat6868@gmail.com]tomcat6868@gmail.com[/email] or via PM by clicking here [Image: http://www.bluegrassrivals.com/finalnewbanner3.png]
DevilsWin Wrote:Well I hope not because Montgomery Co is in Class 5A, District 6!:lmao:

I'm sure he thought that KHSAA may have let Montgomery play in 3-A this year. MERCER. :goofy:
I think he might have meant Magoffin County. If Russell defeats Mason County, then Russell's playoff road looks like this assuming the other districts turn out as most think they will:

Magoffin County at Russell (because Russell is the higher seed)
Sheldon Clark at Russell (because Russell is the higher seed)
at Belfry (because Belfry is the even district)
Breathitt County at Russell (because Russell is the even region)
State Championship against Louisville Central

That's the best I could come up with putting the puzzle together according to the KHSAA website. Figuring it out is like trying to solve a word problem...but I think I've got it. Let me know if I'm wrong.
Beetle01 Wrote:I hope both teams remain injury free. Hopefully Russell can get some kinks worked out before their 3 game stretch that will determine how this season will be viewed.

Better work on wrapping up the runners, or the SK game will be a long long long night. Miles Simpson is the real deal. Defenders should pride themselves on the fact if they get their hands on a runner, they don't get away. Quit trying to make big hits and make tackles.

Absolutely.

Simpson ran back a kickoff against Russell last year. I think most of the Russell players should know how good he is. Hopefully they remember how that game ended and are really ticked off about it.
I would like to see an element of "ticked off" in this year's Russell team. I hope that Simon Kenton, Mason County, and/or Raceland can bring that out of them.
ryanparker Wrote:I would like to see an element of "ticked off" in this year's Russell team. I hope that Simon Kenton, Mason County, and/or Raceland can bring that out of them.
I hope they all bring that out in them.

By the way. I think you are right. I believe he meant Magoffin County not Montgomery County.
Russell will win this game easy, Lewis Co. is not at the leave as Russell is right now. In a few year i think they will give them a run for there money. Russell by 5 or 6 TDS.
Russell should win this one with no problem. A lot of negative things have been said about this team since the loss to Ashland. Most of it fits the crime: Poor tackling, playing as a team ect. Russell showed in the Lawrence County game that they can play football like the teams of the past. Sure they were not perfect but they were good enough to win. I think a good lesson was learned from the Ashland game. A lesson that will help this team work together, so they can improve each week.
Russell will simply slaughter Lewis County. If everyone thought that Lewis losing to Mason a few weeks ago was bad, just wait until Russell gets a hold of them this Friday. I predict Rusell will win 76-0
Russell wins big.
ryanparker Wrote:I think he might have meant Magoffin County. If Russell defeats Mason County, then Russell's playoff road looks like this assuming the other districts turn out as most think they will:

Magoffin County at Russell (because Russell is the higher seed)
Sheldon Clark at Russell (because Russell is the higher seed)
at Belfry (because Belfry is the even district)
Breathitt County at Russell (because Russell is the even region)
State Championship against Louisville Central

That's the best I could come up with putting the puzzle together according to the KHSAA website. Figuring it out is like trying to solve a word problem...but I think I've got it. Let me know if I'm wrong.
Thanks for clearing that up RP!
yea what he said !!
ukfanatic_37 Wrote:Russell will simply slaughter Lewis County. If everyone thought that Lewis losing to Mason a few weeks ago was bad, just wait until Russell gets a hold of them this Friday. I predict Rusell will win 76-0
I think Ivan will slow it down using the run quite a bit. Drew will simply not run as much as regular. We may get to see a few other players get to try all positions. As stated earlier we get to work out some kinks.
RUSSELL RED DEVILS
Yep definetly meant Magoffin, not Montgomery.

I think this team just needs to keep focus, you can see how tough a road it is gonna be. Its going to take their best efforts to win out.
ryanparker Wrote:I would like to see an element of "ticked off" in this year's Russell team. I hope that Simon Kenton, Mason County, and/or Raceland can bring that out of them.

agreed i have found that you play better when you are angry