Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Last Apple Bowl??
Ik it gets brought up year in and year out but seriously is this year goin to make it final? I've been hearing rumours that this may be the very last year that they hold it? I personally hope not due to the money that is involved! It helps both teams out alot on their funds! Anyone kno anything else about this?
I have heard the same thing the past couple of weeks but instead both Johnson Central and Paintsville will be playing someone else to try and make more money. It had been talked that Sheldon Clark would be playing Central in the 2009 Apple Bowl but the two will meet at Central in week three.:letsparty
LOL no this will never happen
TooFast Wrote:Ik it gets brought up year in and year out but seriously is this year goin to make it final? I've been hearing rumours that this may be the very last year that they hold it? I personally hope not due to the money that is involved! It helps both teams out alot on their funds! Anyone kno anything else about this?

Not being sarcastic but central does not need this game for the funds because the stands are always full. Its good to be an eagle! Paintsville needs this game, because , All the heated rivalries other than basket ball will be over and all the former Paintsville football players will start sending their kids to central because of the better football program. The need it for the funds to.

I mean no disrespect either!!
mullinstiger55 Wrote:LOL no this will never happen

Well they are scheduled to play Central next year
They can still play each other no matter if it the apple bowl or not but i don't see it happing.
TheyKnowMe Wrote:Well they are scheduled to play Central next year

Yep, for sure! Sheldon Clark and JCHS will hook up 3rd game of the season in 09.
brown_ind1977 Wrote:Not being sarcastic but central does not need this game for the funds because the stands are always full. Its good to be an eagle! Paintsville needs this game, because , All the heated rivalries other than basket ball will be over and all the former Paintsville football players will start sending their kids to central because of the better football program. The need it for the funds to.

I mean no disrespect either!!

You are right on them bringin a huge crowd just about every home game but i still dont think that they make as much on a given night like they do on the apple bowl? with the exseption for the covcath game lol that game was crazy i couldnt even hear the snap! i literally had to watch the ball to kno when to move!
Ok,if they don't have an Apple Bowl,between Paintsville and Johnson Central,they just as well stop having Apple Day.This event is always a big event for Apple Day.This is the first year I have missed going in many years,and I'm from Floyd County.So this game draws many people from different counties.If is changed, people would view it as a regular game and would not come.I am sitting home sick tonight listening to it on the radio.I don't have to but,it's the [Apple Bowl]!
Jed Clampett Wrote:I have heard the same thing the past couple of weeks but instead both Johnson Central and Paintsville will be playing someone else to try and make more money. It had been talked that Sheldon Clark would be playing Central in the 2009 Apple Bowl but the two will meet at Central in week three.:letsparty

i think they should play different teams. JC doesnt benefit from playing paintsville anymore because phs doesnt have near as much talent as they did in the past. In the past 10 years , the majority of the time central got beat by paintsville it was because of bad coaching. when central hired matney, i knew he would whip phs every year. matneys by far the best coach central's ever had, and the days of central getting out coached in the apple bowl are over with.
JC will play anyone they can beat PERIOD.
This game will always be played. Stop the nonsense. This conversation is brought up every year JC wins.

Paintsville needs this game more than JC. It gives Paintsville a huge boost money wise, and even helps them on the field become a stronger team and learn to deal with adversity.

The kids love the game, the students love the game, and the parents love the game. It fuels the rivalry.
Cash Wrote:This game will always be played. Stop the nonsense. This conversation is brought up every year JC wins.

Paintsville needs this game more than JC. It gives Paintsville a huge boost money wise, and even helps them on the field become a stronger team and learn to deal with adversity.

The kids love the game, the students love the game, and the parents love the game. It fuels the rivalry.

I agree!! Although the past few years haven't been much of a game. lol But it is still a good rivalry. As far as that goes last years basketball games weren't much either, but it is still a great atmosphere. Wish both teams good luck in the rest of their seasons.
qbdad2011 Wrote:JC will play anyone they can beat PERIOD.

Are you insinuating that they have easy schedule or they look for the cup cake teams. Check their schedule out again, because Paintsville could not beat the first team on it.
brown_ind1977 Wrote:Are you insinuating that they have easy schedule or they look for the cup cake teams. Check their schedule out again, because Paintsville could not beat the first team on it.

I dont see how anyone could think they have a cupcake schedule..they have played some good ball teams. Paintsville definitely couldnt beat anyone that they play.
and when paintsville plays a better school all it can do is make them better

ohhh you have that so wrong....JCHS will play anyone anytime..period!!!
I'd have to agree with you guys that there is nothing easy about JC's schedule. They have played some very good teams and have several more to come!
brown_ind1977 Wrote:Are you insinuating that they have easy schedule or they look for the cup cake teams. Check their schedule out again, because Paintsville could not beat the first team on it.

He's not a Paintsville fan he roots for Sheldon Clark.

If you think this is true what do you think about next year's game with your precious cards? Sounds to me like you're allready writing them off on next year's game. How in the world could a Sheldon Clark fan get on here and run there mouth about somebody "playing anyone they can beat"? The teams your mighty cards have played thus far have a combined record of 5-19. You need to stick to your webcams and websites instead of making your cheap shots at other teams on here.
This was the last Apple Bowl.
Superman20 Wrote:I dont see how anyone could think they have a cupcake schedule..they have played some good ball teams. Paintsville definitely couldnt beat anyone that they play.

Paintsville may be able to give Montgomery a run for their money, but yes, JC plays a very respectable shedule.
Udon'tKnowMe Wrote:This was the last Apple Bowl.

are u 4 sure and were did u hear this from????
Udon'tKnowMe Wrote:This was the last Apple Bowl.

And you are positive of this?
Don Carlo Wrote:If you think this is true what do you think about next year's game with your precious cards? Sounds to me like you're allready writing them off on next year's game. How in the world could a Sheldon Clark fan get on here and run there mouth about somebody "playing anyone they can beat"? The teams your mighty cards have played thus far have a combined record of 5-19. You need to stick to your webcams and websites instead of making your cheap shots at other teams on here.

I agree! Who are u to really say that Jc plays teams that they kno that they can beat? Who have the cards played seriously???
TooFast Wrote:are u 4 sure and were did u hear this from????

I will not say where I heard this, but it came from a person that is in a position to make that decision.
TooFast Wrote:I agree! Who are u to really say that Jc plays teams that they kno that they can beat? Who have the cards played seriously???

Sheldon Clark could not beat but maybe 2 teams on JCHS Schedule.
brown_ind1977 Wrote:Sheldon Clark could not beat but maybe 2 teams on JCHS Schedule.

That's my point! IMO they are gettin the big head and are considered over rated!
What I can't understand is when teams like Prestonsburg and Sheldon Clark put a licking on Paintsville there is no talk about not playing the game next year but when Johnson Central wears out the tigers we have a couple get on here and say that this is the last apple bowl. Everyone has always wanted to know who the true coward would be to try and end this most profitable public school game in the state of Kentucky. Also I hear the JC board might end the reciprocal agreement contract between the two systems if the Apple Bowl is ended.
It's very simple, this should be closed. Nothing to talk about JC should refuse to play paintsville its a waste.