Poll: Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Russell
71.43%
Lawrence County
28.57%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Russell vs Lawrence County
Russell better win this week because next week is a LOSS for sure.Smile Smile
Wow people getting so upset about a couple of comments. Those of us from Russell have nothing but respect for the LC program and fully expect them to be a state contender again very soon. They still have a very good shot to make a deep playoff run depending on which district they are paired up against.

That being said, gameplans will be huge in this game. If LC loads the box and Ivan sticks to the off tackle game, Russell will probably lose or win in a very close one. IF LC loads the box and Russell mixes it up well and the kids show up ready to play we should do well. I don't even know how long its been since Russell has lost a HC game.

Defensively I'm not to concerned. LC seems to spread it out and that works into our favor. Yeah Wilson had some nice runs but that was the second game of the season, and we held BC to 6 points in the second half. Plus they don't have a Wilson on their team. They have some talented players, but he is of a different caliber. So hopefully they continue to put the ball in the air, and hopefully we don't give them 10 yds of a cushion with the coverage. Play it tight until they proove they can beat us deep.
jgrubby Wrote:The title is Blue Grass Rivals not Blue Grass Sweeties. Just having some fun and its nothing personal.

Well yea its bluegrass rival but have some respect.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[YOUTUBE="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Y2Ezx8SnN0"][/YOUTUBE]
DevilsWin Wrote:My goodness,... can't anyone even talk a little trash with out somebody's feeling getting hurt?

Thanks JG for addressing this while I was away from my pc.

This is football we're talking about. Not Miss America!

That being said I'll say Russell wins 42-6.

McGlone works on some passing stuff late in the game and Russell puts up 400yds of offense but LC doesn't get shut out.

:devilflam :devilflam :devilflam

Now thats some funny crap right there putting up 400 yards offense then working on the passing game late.... Thats alot of class now isnt it...... I dont look for the score to be any higher then maybe 14 if that. LC comes out and has its best offensive game of the year.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Beetle01 Wrote:Wow people getting so upset about a couple of comments. Those of us from Russell have nothing but respect for the LC program and fully expect them to be a state contender again very soon. They still have a very good shot to make a deep playoff run depending on which district they are paired up against.

That being said, gameplans will be huge in this game. If LC loads the box and Ivan sticks to the off tackle game, Russell will probably lose or win in a very close one. IF LC loads the box and Russell mixes it up well and the kids show up ready to play we should do well. I don't even know how long its been since Russell has lost a HC game.

Defensively I'm not to concerned. LC seems to spread it out and that works into our favor. Yeah Wilson had some nice runs but that was the second game of the season, and we held BC to 6 points in the second half. Plus they don't have a Wilson on their team. They have some talented players, but he is of a different caliber. So hopefully they continue to put the ball in the air, and hopefully we don't give them 10 yds of a cushion with the coverage. Play it tight until they proove they can beat us deep.

Yea they spread it out but its not so much to throw the ball.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
russell wins by 3 touchdowns
I think this game will be a toss up. It very well may depend on which Russell team shows up for the game. If Russell shows up focused, play as a unit, and hold their blocks I really think they will win. If Russell shows up with distractions in the huddle, some play as individuals, and they don't hold their blocks LC wins.

I don't know that much about LC except that I see they are 0-5 against some very good teams. Most of those games were close. LC would love to come to Russell and beat them on Homecoming night. A win over Russell could turn their season around. They have to be hungry.

I hope that Russell has it together on Friday.

Russell 27
Lawrence County 21
Jeepman Wrote:I think this game will be a toss up. It very well may depend on which Russell team shows up for the game. If Russell shows up focused, play as a unit, and hold their blocks I really think they will win. If Russell shows up with distractions in the huddle, some play as individuals, and they don't hold their blocks LC wins.

I don't know that much about LC except that I see they are 0-5 against some very good teams. Most of those games were close. LC would love to come to Russell and beat them on Homecoming night. A win over Russell could turn their season around. They have to be hungry.

Russell 27
Lawrence County 21

I agree 100% with you Jeepman. offensive line has to stay on their blocks
and the defensive line has to get off their blocks.

Remember "no ONE should get the credit for a victory", "no ONE should get the blame for a loss" It is a "TEAM" game.

Good luck devils. Lawrence will be ready to play !!
I really don't see this game being that close.

Russell still runs the ball really well and it is speed not size that gives them trouble. Lawrence County doesn't have that kind of team speed along the line of scrimmage.

Russell by 2-3 TDs.
Russell County by 10+
Twitter: @tc_analytics

TheBrahmaBull Wrote:Russell County by 10+
Its Russell Independent in North Eastern Kentucky. Not Russell County.
RUSSELL RED DEVILS
Batpuff Wrote:Well yea its bluegrass rival but have some respect.
"Truth hurts but merly for a day, A lie will last a lifetime!"
RUSSELL RED DEVILS
kybaseball Wrote:Russell better win this week because next week is a LOSS for sure.Smile Smile
Bite your lip!!!
RUSSELL RED DEVILS
jgrubby Wrote:Bite your lip!!!

Just kidding that LC knows who the real king is and they know better to trash talk Russell.They are hoping Russell will show mercy.:igiveup: :igiveup:
Jeepman Wrote:I think this game will be a toss up. It very well may depend on which Russell team shows up for the game. If Russell shows up focused, play as a unit, and hold their blocks I really think they will win. If Russell shows up with distractions in the huddle, some play as individuals, and they don't hold their blocks LC wins.

Russell 27
Lawrence County 21

And whose responsibility is that to make sure they are ready? I want to see the coaching staff get a little more emotional! They work there butts off trying to get these young men ready, but they dont put much emotion in it! (I USE TO LOVE WATCHING LC PLAY WHEN THEY HAD A COACH BUTTING HIS HEAD AGAINST HIS PLAYERS HELMET TRYING TO FIRE THEM UP!) Russell needs there coaches to fire up a little also, I think this group could use that!!!!

Russell 27
Lawrence County 21

Cant you see IVAN butting heads with his players to fire them up lol!!!!
jgrubby Wrote:What happens in a year or two?

This is what happens in a year or two. LC 4 seniors two start O two start D. We lose one linemen next year return our same backfield except Josh Wilks. We lose one linebacker and the rest of our starting D is back and O. Get your laughs in while u can BGR because the Dogs are back next year. Not to mention we have a whole lot of season left and we are finally start to click. The rest of the half of the season is going to be exciting.Smile
mjballer23 Wrote:This is what happens in a year or two. LC 4 seniors two start O two start D. We lose one linemen next year return our same backfield except Josh Wilks. We lose one linebacker and the rest of our starting D is back and O. Get your laughs in while u can BGR because the Dogs are back next year. Not to mention we have a whole lot of season left and we are finally start to click. The rest of the half of the season is going to be exciting.Smile

Please !!!!!!!!!!!Big Grin
kybaseball Wrote:Please !!!!!!!!!!!Big Grin

Alright we will see i cant wait.:letsparty
kybaseball Wrote:Please !!!!!!!!!!!Big Grin

lawrence county should have a great year next year u can bet on that. everything mjballer said was true......WAIT AND SEE!!!!!
mjballer23 Wrote:Alright we will see i cant wait.:letsparty

Wait a minute you meant Lawrence County. My bad.:o :o
should be a decent game, no blowout, russell wins by one or two touchdowns
I understand LC wanting respect but some of their fans need to show some as well. I know this is a different sport other than football. 3 yrs ago in the Jr Leauge District Championship series the other LC played at Lawrence.For 3 days their fans and players yelled obscenity after obscenity at our players and some of the fans as well.

What has been said here is good natured ribbing and NOTHING like what those kids endured three years ago.

I'm not saying all their fans are like that. The next year they came to Lewis to play and everybody from there Lawrence were quite as a Church Mouse. As a matter of fact a lot of the fans were great people to talk to and very respectfull.:Thumbs:

Russell will win the football game,Lawrence will not simply show up they will make it a tough game.
Should see how good Russell is. Belfry barely got by Lawrence, Boyd beat Lawrence by 2 TD's and Breathitt destroyed Boyd. Lawrence may be the best 0-5 team in the state. Take a look at their schedule, WOW, it may be the toughest in the state. They are holding their own with everyone they play, they have been beat by winning programs. I understand people match up different with teams which helps or hurts the other team, but to go by numbers, should see where the big 3 in the east compare going by this game. BTW, Breathitt has Lawrence late in the season. :thumpsup:
NIECE Wrote:Should see how good Russell is. Belfry barely got by Lawrence, Boyd beat Lawrence by 2 TD's and Breathitt destroyed Boyd. Lawrence may be the best 0-5 team in the state. Take a look at their schedule, WOW, it may be the toughest in the state. They are holding their own with everyone they play, they have been beat by winning programs. I understand people match up different with teams which helps or hurts the other team, but to go by numbers, should see where the big 3 in the east compare going by this game. BTW, Breathitt has Lawrence late in the season. :thumpsup:

Lawrence looks to be getting ready for the playoffs with this kind of schedule. Forgot to put that in there.
How you figure-Lewis Co.?oh ok you are from there. Russell should pull this one off but they better be ready to play .
charliez Wrote:How you figure-Lewis Co.?oh ok you are from there. Russell should pull this one off but they better be ready to play .

I said, "Russell should see how good they are in this game", Lawrence (not Lewis) has played Belfry, Boyd, Sheldon Clark, and Prestonsburg, and North Laurel and all have been close except for Sheldon Clark. Breathitt destoyed Boyd, so I am going by the teams and numbers. And I am for sure not from Lawrence.
charliez Wrote:How you figure-Lewis Co.?oh ok you are from there. Russell should pull this one off but they better be ready to play .

Not Quite but close.:Thumbs:
NIECE Wrote:Should see how good Russell is. Belfry barely got by Lawrence, Boyd beat Lawrence by 2 TD's and Breathitt destroyed Boyd. Lawrence may be the best 0-5 team in the state. Take a look at their schedule, WOW, it may be the toughest in the state. They are holding their own with everyone they play, they have been beat by winning programs. I understand people match up different with teams which helps or hurts the other team, but to go by numbers, should see where the big 3 in the east compare going by this game. BTW, Breathitt has Lawrence late in the season. :thumpsup:
You know I think my Dad could out-run your Dad! I always hear this : if one team beats another and the last two games were close and we could win because the score of a team was as good as blah blah blah....Judging yourself by another team is not very accurate at all. It may be a difference in style for the first team to win. Or they are really pumped to play a rival? Who knows but you can't judge your team based on a team that almost did something.
RUSSELL RED DEVILS

Just for the record, Russell ran all over Boyd County as well.