Poll: Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Russell
71.43%
Lawrence County
28.57%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Russell vs Lawrence County
Strengths and weaknesses? How does this one shake out?
depends which LC team comes out for the game
Should be a good game especially if Russell decides to just run the ball, because Lawrence has some big boys that will be able to clog up those gaps and running lanes of Russell's. If Russell has a passing game then I advise them to use it or this one will be close.

I'll take Russell by 1 touchdown... best of luck to both!
dawg2011 Wrote:depends which LC team comes out for the game

Same could be said for Russell.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:Should be a good game especially if Russell decides to just run the ball, because Lawrence has some big boys that will be able to clog up those gaps and running lanes of Russell's. If Russell has a passing game then I advise them to use it or this one will be close.

I'll take Russell by 1 touchdown... best of luck to both!

Big teams haven't really been the problem for Russell's running game. Boyd County had some big guys up front but Russell pretty much ran at will on them. It is the teams that can bring alot of speed to the line of scrimmage that have given them the most trouble.

Russell's passing game is still a work in progress. It has been very effective at times but mostly inconsistant.
I pray the Dawgs catch a break-they deserve it! Its gonna happen......
Russell.
Im left in a toss up in this game
Im gonna go with the dawgs because they have to be hungry for there first win.
The dawgs will win if they run it...not throw it....
hope the dawgs win. They need one...
LC has the potential to win but so does Russel
If Russell can put pressure on LC quaterback then Russell will have a chance. I believe Russell's secondary is good enough to stop them, but if their qb has time to throw then it will be a long night for the DEVILS. As far as Russell's offense, I just don't know as of this point and time. Don't get me wrong they have a potent offense that can score at any time, they just are not wanting to play as a unit right now.
It could be a tough game however but the Devils roll on.
LC threw 4 interceptions against BC last week. I don't look for that repeat performance eventhough Russell has better DB's. They should have had 3 or 4 interceptions against EC but knocked them away from eachother or dropped them. I also think you will see the guys a little more fired up. Sadly they were more pumped for the EC game than the Ashland. I think the kids understand now that noone is just gonna roll over for them. They have to earn it together. I think they've came together more than you think.

I liked the play calling a lot. Mixed it up more, Russell got the lead then Drew had some big runs in the end to finish the game out. I think that is this teams recipie for success. Teams are going to load the box early. They are pretty much selling out that they won't lose to the Russell passing game. I will stop short of a guarantee that LC will be running the exact same D Ashland put on the field. With that we are going to have to depend on the passing game early to get some pressure off of our line and back the D up some. Then pound it down their throats and use clock management and field position. LC has played some great teams this year to the wire and are mayeb the best 0-5 team ever. They are well coached and big. They will bring it Friday, hopefully Russell does to. This game will show how far this team has come. A win for LC this week would wipe away that 0-5 start.

Russell really needs to make a statement for the second half of the season Friday.
I'll take Russell in this one.
I'll take LC if they run the ball.
Russell.
If LC can play like they did against belfry then id say LC will win.But if they play like they did against Boyd then its gonna be a long night for them.
Russell 35
LC 17
Romans 14:11
It is written: " 'As surely as I live,' says the Lord, 'every knee will bow before me; every tongue will confess to God.' "
DAWG_FAN Wrote:I'll take LC if they run the ball.

I agree IF they change up the run a bit-Shane can't do everything.
Dawg@heart Wrote:I agree IF they change up the run a bit-Shane can't do everything.

I look for josh wilks and shane pack having a big game this week....also nick hackney....
Lets hope the Russell boys are more level headed than to get into to a fight with some kids who are just frustrated with a tough schedule. Hopefully the LC players can realize these tough losses they have had are only going to make them better when it comes to playoff time. They will probably be the 2 seed in the district with home field advantage first game. I'd hate to see them lose players or games because they can't control their emotions.

I'd also like to add that Cecil is a former Russell coach, and I would hate to see his players embarass him @ Russell. If they are anything like we were, we all really liked Cecil.
Russell by 2 touchdowns.
Nothing wrong with showing a little passion........
Lets try to keep this thread on the game at hand.
FBALL Wrote:Lets try to keep this thread on the game at hand.

THANK YOU!!
Russell kicks Lawrence Co's Dawg!

42-0
DevilsWin Wrote:Russell kicks Lawrence Co's Dawg!

42-0

:lmao: funniest thing i have ever seen that will never happen

GO LC
Lawrence co wins