Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Boyd County 28 - Lawrence County 13
DW you can't be going around using the KHSAA as your backup. I think most people agree they are likely one of the most useless sports organizations in the world. NCAA and IOC are tied for first, followed by the KHSAA.
Beetle01 Wrote:DW you can't be going around using the KHSAA as your backup. I think most people agree they are likely one of the most useless sports organizations in the world. NCAA and IOC are tied for first, followed by the KHSAA.

You got me there. LOL:devilflam
I think if the parents and everyone else would quit putting so much pressure on the kids then they could actually go out and have fun.You have all of these parents sucking up to the coaches and stuff.I mean the parents are competing more then the kids are by sucking up to the coaches, If the parents would just leave it alone and quit trying to coach the team thereselves and let the coach do his job then things would be so much better.
TheONLY1 Wrote:I think if the parents and everyone else would quit putting so much pressure on the kids then they could actually go out and have fun.You have all of these parents sucking up to the coaches and stuff.I mean the parents are competing more then the kids are by sucking up to the coaches, If the parents would just leave it alone and quit trying to coach the team thereselves and let the coach do his job then things would be so much better.

Again thats an unfair statement-I don't "suck" after anyone and most people don't either. My kids have always earned their own way.
Dawg@heart Wrote:Again thats an unfair statement-I don't "suck" after anyone and most people don't either. My kids have always earned their own way.
I'm not accusing anyone of this but, patting the coach on the back and congratulating him on putting the right kids in there is the same as sucking up.
DevilsWin Wrote:I'm not accusing anyone of this but, patting the coach on the back and congratulating him on putting the right kids in there is the same as sucking up.

I don't think I've ever patted any of our coaches back either......
Honestly, everybody on here makes me sick. High school athletics are the single most important thing that any teenager could have going for them. It teaches them lessons that they cant find anywhere else. And here we have people downing the program, and downing the players like they have the right to... Lawrence county is a great place. The boys have pride to wear the uniform, but it is hard not to let emotions show when they get on here and read crap like this. We have been rebuilding for a few years now, but its hard to rack up the victories like everyone wants with the schedule that we have. I want LC to win more than anybody but win or lose I will support them wholeheartedly because I remember what it was like to put on those pads on friday nights and would give anything to have those days back. So we need to toughen up as supporters of the program or find a new Friday night hobby...
House of Pain Wrote:Honestly, everybody on here makes me sick. High school athletics are the single most important thing that any teenager could have going for them. It teaches them lessons that they cant find anywhere else. And here we have people downing the program, and downing the players like they have the right to... Lawrence county is a great place. The boys have pride to wear the uniform, but it is hard not to let emotions show when they get on here and read crap like this. We have been rebuilding for a few years now, but its hard to rack up the victories like everyone wants with the schedule that we have. I want LC to win more than anybody but win or lose I will support them wholeheartedly becuase I remember what it was like to put on those pads on friday nights and would give anything to have those days back. So we need to toughen up as supporters of the program or find a new friday night hobby...
Amen. Very nice post.

I would even suggest that if a player is on here reading some of this stuff they just laugh it off. About 80% of it you can just take with a grain of salt. Some of it is actually good information from people who love football and know what they are talking about. The rest is pretty much petty bickering.
DevilsWin Wrote:I'm not accusing anyone of this but, patting the coach on the back and congratulating him on putting the right kids in there is the same as sucking up.
So thats how you got to play huh DW hmmmm.......J/K, Guys chill out, its only a game. Life will go on with or without you. If you make a difference then so be it. Don't hinder someone's else's chance to do so.
RUSSELL RED DEVILS
jgrubby Wrote:So thats how you got to play huh DW hmmmm.......J/K, Guys chill out, its only a game. Life will go on with or without you. If you make a difference then so be it. Don't hinder someone's else's chance to do so.
Heck I played more as a Junior than I did as a Senior. Smile
TheONLY1 Wrote:Well for starters i think i won 10 games in my career not 5 so get it right and if im correct and the 2011 in your name means when you will graduate then your only up to 1 game so far in your career and it doesn't look as if its going to get any better. MOST likely during your career you won't win half the amount of games that i won. By the way I made all-area 3 years straight Wink and football wasn't even my best sport. Another thing yes i paid 5 bucks to get into your game to see how you all were and from the looks of it pretty soon you all will have to start paying everyone 5 bucks to even come to your games.

Thats a terrible attitiude to have, especially if you are a former teammate of these guys! Same on you!! And just to be "politically correct" YOU didn't win anything, the team did. Win as a team and lose as a team. I think this is one of the biggest problems in Lawrence Co. right now. Too much "I" and not nearly enough team. :redboxer:
too bad im done with my football carrer only1 20 was my football number 11 was my basketball, but nice try big dog...................
I think I started this about this same time last year, but here we go again. IT"S TIME TO BRING CHUKE BACK!!!!!!!! (This might even be the 3rd year I've done this.) Let's face it, LC will never be LC again until they get back to the old LC. We used to have a saying there. "Tradition Doesn't Graduate". This needs to be instilled back into the Dawgs. It's almost disgusting watching them now. It downright hurts.
I heard tonight while at the Russell/Lawrence County Middle School games that Lawrence County had dismissed a player from the team. It sounds like the Coach is getting the point across that fighting will not be tolerated.
Mr. Sandwich Wrote:I think I started this about this same time last year, but here we go again. IT"S TIME TO BRING CHUKE BACK!!!!!!!! (This might even be the 3rd year I've done this.) Let's face it, LC will never be LC again until they get back to the old LC. We used to have a saying there. "Tradition Doesn't Graduate". This needs to be instilled back into the Dawgs. It's almost disgusting watching them now. It downright hurts.

Chuke is not comming back I think you guys need to move on.

As far as the tradition goes LC really doesn't have that much outside of the great stretch through the 90's.

It was in the late 80s that they dropped out of district play because they didn't feel like they could compete.

You have a good coach. Why not give him a chance to start some of his own tradition for the Bulldogs.
dawg2011 Wrote:too bad im done with my football carrer only1 20 was my football number 11 was my basketball, but nice try big dog...................

what are you talking about....?
FBALL Wrote:Chuke is not comming back I think you guys need to move on.

As far as the tradition goes LC really doesn't have that much outside of the great stretch through the 90's.

It was in the late 80s that they dropped out of district play because they didn't feel like they could compete.

You have a good coach. Why not give him a chance to start some of his own tradition for the Bulldogs.

It looks to me like he has the same tradition as the past couple of coaches. And that's losing and letting your kids think it's ok. They have too much talent to be winless at this point.
TheONLY1 Wrote:LC needs a better decision maker at QB!!!!
I have worked in that school system and they do not go with the best players there. Politics is big in that system in football and basketball.
They are alot of good players that dont to get to play. It is a family/buddy system and that is not fair to the kids.
threeball42 Wrote:I have worked in that school system and they do not go with the best players there. Politics is big in that system in football and basketball.
They are alot of good players that dont to get to play. It is a family/buddy system and that is not fair to the kids.

I'm not so sure you can really say that these days. In the past for sure but now, not really. This coaching staff is new other than Coach Cecil so the new guys really don't know enough about the folks in Lawrence County to play the politics/family/buddy system. You singled out the QB in your quote and you are very wrong there. His family does nothing with the football program or the staff other than coming to games. Apparently the Coaches felt he deserved that position on his own merit, not becasue of who he is.

I don't really see any kids playing this year that are "brown nosing" the coaching staff? Plus I'd have a hard time seeing Coach Salmons falling for that anyway-he doesn't strike me as that kind of guy.
so filming the games for the coach isn't considered brown noseing......cause if it is considered brown noseing the qb's dad films all the games bahahahaha
Dawg@heart Wrote:I'm not so sure you can really say that these days. In the past for sure but now, not really. This coaching staff is new other than Coach Cecil so the new guys really don't know enough about the folks in Lawrence County to play the politics/family/buddy system. You singled out the QB in your quote and you are very wrong there. His family does nothing with the football program or the staff other than coming to games. Apparently the Coaches felt he deserved that position on his own merit, not becasue of who he is.

I don't really see any kids playing this year that are "brown nosing" the coaching staff? Plus I'd have a hard time seeing Coach Salmons falling for that anyway-he doesn't strike me as that kind of guy.

Know I never single out the QB I dont know him. He may be best for the position I was just going on my past dealing with this school system.Sorry if I was misunderstood.
TheONLY1 Wrote:The thing about a player like this only comes around every 15 years was said on the radio talking about the qb....i think thats stupid since he hasn't even done anything special all season......and no i wouldn't quit I've been through what there going through losing every game week after week.....i played for them last season and so many years for them before that.....we sucked big time...it was a complete waste of time....but we were better last year then they are this year Smile by far

no. not at all. this years lawrence would beat last years by 50. lawrence is a program on the rise, they just need to step it up. I know the team we watched on film playing belfry could have competed with alot of teams in the state. They just need to get some heart and guts about their selves and start getting excited about the game. If by some miracle LC wins out, and makes the playoffs, i see them going alot further than anyone on here thinks they will, but its gonna take alot more support than some of you so called "fans" are giving them.
TheONLY1 Wrote:so filming the games for the coach isn't considered brown noseing......cause if it is considered brown noseing the qb's dad films all the games bahahahaha

Jimmy Shepherd does not film games.
lawrencefan Wrote:Jimmy Shepherd does not film games.

Let me assure you that Jim shepherd does not and has not ever filmed any games of any kind for LC.

The man behind the camera is Coach David Combs. You really need to get your info straight before you run your mouth.

You'll find Big Shep standing on the fenceline with the other dads most always-if he isn't sitting in the stands.
TheONLY1 Wrote:so filming the games for the coach isn't considered brown noseing......cause if it is considered brown noseing the qb's dad films all the games bahahahaha

Now that's funny-I don't care who you are......

Since I can finally get off the floor from a laughing attack, I can comment.

For a guy who claims to know so much about LC, you sure missed this one. If you were so up on things, you'd know that the guys filming are the basketball coaches.

I have to bet Jim Shepherd is rolling on the floor over this one.....

bahahahaha???

I bet if you asked the coaches how many times they have had a conversation with Jim, they could count them on 1 hand.
Mr. Sandwich Wrote:I think I started this about this same time last year, but here we go again. IT"S TIME TO BRING CHUKE BACK!!!!!!!! (This might even be the 3rd year I've done this.) Let's face it, LC will never be LC again until they get back to the old LC. We used to have a saying there. "Tradition Doesn't Graduate". This needs to be instilled back into the Dawgs. It's almost disgusting watching them now. It downright hurts.

Well to start with it didnt even start with Chuke so you better get your facts straight... It started With Coach Goldsmith and it was even the Win over the Russell program that got it rolling and i may be wrong i even think it was the same year that they went on to the final four in football and got beat out by Mayfield.. Chuke just came in and got on the coat tails and then had a good run.
There is a reason that he has coached at like 6 or 7 high schools and that is because most places have ran him out.....
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[YOUTUBE="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Y2Ezx8SnN0"][/YOUTUBE]
Mr. Sandwich Wrote:It looks to me like he has the same tradition as the past couple of coaches. And that's losing and letting your kids think it's ok. They have too much talent to be winless at this point.

Let me ask you this are you around the program at all do you hear what the coaches tell the kids.. I know for a fact that he doesnt let the team think its ok to lose..... Yes they have tons of talent and if it wasnt for a few mistakes here and there and a few flags here and there they very well could be 5-0 instead of 0-5.. But thats like anyteam that has turnovers..and flags during the game they kill you.. and before you start well it comes from practice.. well I will just let you know they pay for it in practice if they do this and are let know that its not ok.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[YOUTUBE="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Y2Ezx8SnN0"][/YOUTUBE]
Dawg@heart Wrote:Let me assure you that Jim shepherd does not and has not ever filmed any games of any kind for LC.

The man behind the camera is Coach David Combs. You really need to get your info straight before you run your mouth.

You'll find Big Shep standing on the fenceline with the other dads most always-if he isn't sitting in the stands.

I did not say he filmed games, I said he does not film games in reply to another post. Check your reading before you jump me!
lawrencefan Wrote:I did not say he filmed games, I said he does not film games in reply to another post. Check your reading before you jump me!

Sorry if you misunderstood-I wasn't jumping on you-only agreeing!! That was all for the Only1
Dawg@heart Wrote:Sorry if you misunderstood-I wasn't jumping on you-only agreeing!! That was all for the Only1

Cool. See you tomorrow.