Poll: Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Johnson Central
60.87%
Woodford County
39.13%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Johnson Central vs. Woodford Co - Sept. 26
Predictions/thoughts?
Should be a good one.
Woodford had their way with the Eagles last season at the nest. Wouldn't surprise me to see JC have a let down in this one.

I'll still take the Golden Eagles by a touchdown... best of luck to both!
This will be a real good game......im taking the eagles but in a close one.....26-21
Central.
I think JC can pull it out.
This is probably the toughest game on Central's schedule this year.

Hopefully playing Breathitt and Station and Shelby have helped them prepare for this offense, but Central's weakness appears to be a balanced run/pass spread-type offense with a mobile QB. Unfortunately, that's pretty much Woodford County's resume.

My only hope is that Central remembers the embarrassment last year in the Nest and comes out on fire.

Gotta have faith. Central 36, Woodford 31
This game will be JC toughest test in the regular season. Woodford Co. has a very dynamic offense and it all starts around their QB Duckworth. His great arm and great mobility keeps the defense in turmoil. Teams that have had a good running game have given Woodford some trouble this year, so JC should be able to move the ball and put up some points. My only concern is that JC wont be ablel to keep up with all the scoring in this one. It is going to be crucial that the players listen and focus in practice this week because its going to take discipline on defense to get them in check. The young secondary needs to grow up fast. I think it will be close, but I see Woodford winning this one.
One of the best games this week.

Woodford 35
JC 28
This should be one of the best games of the week. It really could go either way. But I'd have to give the edge to Woodford Co. especially playing home. I don't think that the JC D can keep up in this one. I hope I am wrong because I would rather see JC win, but I think that with a likely 3rd close game in a role, that this one will go against the Eagles. Good luck Eagles! Step up the D!!
LUCK to both teams, may the Titans of the distric Clash.
Here we go again round 2. Last year Woodford came into this game no one from the even herd of them knew basicly nothing. Woodford came in handel their buisness and walk out season distric champs. Later that year the team lost focus and ended up being blind sided by Montgomery to prevent the re-match that everyone was pump to see JC VS WC for playoff distric title. This year both team look the same from last year, JC runing game with grimm is handeling business, wile woodford's spread run N gun offience and looking great. The main diffrence may be in the D's both teams seem to have lost alot of Good D player's, I know for fact woodford lost their whole starting D line their middel line backer and there GREAT free Safty curt strange who led the state in INT'S with 10. Woodford D struggle early in the season against the run, John Hardin the only game WC lost put up over 500 rushing yard's in the first game of woodford, of course the boys was discourage cuz their superstar QB went down early and the game was like 7-14 whn he went out. But latly WC has re done their D, move some players around like smith a 205 SR moved from Nose tackle on D to DE and he is fast coming off the end JC will need to make a gameplan for him. The past two games WC d has grown and look great, shuting out Montgomery in a 49-0 win, and then holding off Bryan station in a 24-17 win, (plus they held BS superstar runing back to like 123 yards or something witch ant bad considering he had a 63yrd run for a td on their second play)

With all that said though both teams look preaty much even. This game will most likly show us who will be the distric champs of season once again, (unless Ashland shows up and say's dont forget us against these two teams witch is possible A a very improve team this year.) But when you put it all out on paper, WC has trobel with run, JC with a balance attack both teams offience should look to explode the scorebord. The question is can JC keep up with WC O. WC has proven in the past they can put up pt's and put them up fast. With all that said I think this game will be close but with WC o and them playing at home I pick WC by 2 td's. Preaying it will be a good game and both team comes out firing, JC players need to remember what WC did to them at their house last year and should want some revenge. WC players should remember that they are not just playing for distric champs but for RESPECT people still have no faith in WC and that was the main fuel to their fire last year and it needs to be the same this year. GOOD
42wc-28jc
ok jchs is going to win we know more about them and we really want to win the distric champs this year so were pumped so bring it woodford
I expect this to be a high scoring game. I don't know how Woodford is respected in the Lexington area, but as far as in Johnson County they are highly respected.
Well i havent hered much on Woodford but I know the Eagles are playing really good right now. So im going to take the Eagles in a high scoring game by 2tds
Woodford County in this one
JC
i would like to see jc win this game. they are earning a lot of people's respect right now and they are playing an A game. i take jc by a td over woodford. go jc
If JC comes out this year like they did last, they will get embarassed again. I think JC comes out looking for some payback for last year.

I don't think JC's played all that great yet, really put a whole game together, and think the motivation for this week will help them to focus. Woodford is a solid program and has a potent offense and are on a roll right now.

JC wins in a barnburner!

35-31 JC
I'll go with my Eagles in this one all tho it will be a very physical and stressful game........they have a bitter taste in their mouth and i just hope they come out on fire and play with alot of emotion......!

JC-35
WC-28
I'm gonna go with the Eagles on this one. But it's going to be REALLY close.

JC - 35
WC - 34
is this game at woodford?
sc06cheer Wrote:is this game at woodford?

Yes.
I would like to see JC win this one, but I am afraid they have a blow out awaiting them. Woodford Co. -52 JC -14.
Thank you fellers, I'm going to take JC on this one, just cause I have respect for them and feel that they will bounce back from last years loss and return the favor to them.

I'm going to keep it close as is most everyone else:
JC-35
WC-34
Johnson Central: 28
Woodford County: 17

GO EAGLES!
Defense will win this game.......both teams are great teams but who ever comes ready to play some smash mouth will walk away with the win..........Still goin with my Eagles on this one, now is the time to step it up on the defensive side of the ball and play!
28-21 either way
Twitter: @tc_analytics

Leonardo Wrote:I would like to see JC win this one, but I am afraid they have a blow out awaiting them. Woodford Co. -52 JC -14.

This coming from the same person that said Magoffin will beat Sheldon Clark....I'll go away from your pick and choose Johnson Central.
Woodford County at home in this one.:thatsfunn
I think Woodford will pull it off in a close game right up until the last minutes of the game.