Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Letcher Central 41 - Clay County 14
TOTALLY different team on the football field tonight! Clay County took a beating all night! Was just man-handled! OVerall great performance especially by the defense as Lewis didn't get anything going against the Cougar D. Would like to have seen tonight's LCC team against PCC. Hopefully our time will come again. Great job Cougars..Very proud of you all!
Total domination by LCC'S lineman. Not the same team that played at PCC last week. Coaches, players, and fans came together for a nice win. Charlie Banks sets scoring record with 26 points. Dustin Brown had 85 yard kickoff return. Travis "the real deal " Stephens played huge alnight. Defensive line were dynamos. Caleb Frazier punted like a Pro-kicker. I could go on and on. Great win GO COUGARS
Nice win for LCC!!!
welp looks like pcc will be bringin home district..lol
Good win but the coaches still don't get the picture. They replaced Conn with freshmen... Hall got hurt, I hope he is ok. But overall it was a nice win for the Cougars. But you still have great talent on the side lines I just don't understand why you don't want to use any of them.: Cheerlead
king360 Wrote:welp looks like pcc will be bringin home district..lol

If they have a passing game they will.
anyone know how many passing yards clay county's qb had????
Not alot at all!
Good statement win for lcc.
Good win tonight for lcc and making a very strong statement with this big win.
I was at the game tonight was a good game in the 1st Lcc got on the board first took a little out of Clay .LCC keep Clays QB out of his game which use HUGE Clay had open men on the field but could not catch and this was a team that 300 yards a game passing not nonight more like 200 yard . Has far as the perry game goes the only thing i seen that they caught the ball a little better but it could have been that they was open. LCC good win tonite. But lets face it there is two thing about pcc.One you all over look us. An two we are a lot better then we was last year.
Congratz LCC on the win.
Nice rebound by the Cougars.

This district will be very interesting come playoff time.
How did Banks and Lewis match up? I'm sure Banks has a much better supporting cast.
I'm taking nothing at all away fro the LCC victory "But" The officiating was the most horrible display I've seen in all my life. LCC didn't need the help of the Zebra's they were ready to play. LCC only had two flags thrown on them all night.

Someone tell me how the refs manage to Flag Clay Counties QB Zach Lewis for holding on a pass play that gave LCC a safety, Please someone explain to me how this happened because I need to put my mind to rest.
footballgirl Wrote:Good win but the coaches still don't get the picture. They replaced Conn with freshmen... Hall got hurt, I hope he is ok. But overall it was a nice win for the Cougars. But you still have great talent on the side lines I just don't understand why you don't want to use any of them.: Cheerlead
19-0 at half. Defense was better. What is your point?
I think that LCC played very smart tonight. First, on defense, the secondary kept the receivers in front of them. With the exception of one play, LCC didn't give up anything big through the air. The defensive line had a great night and were able to both contain the run and get pressure on Lewis. Offensively, we didn't try to score all of our points at once. A good mix of run and pass plays kept Clay County guessing.

I'm sure that in the near future, we're going to see better performance on special teams. Coverting the extra point was an issue and we saw a couple touchdown saving tackles on kick-offs.

Great game tonight, Cougars. Good luck next week against North Laurel.
Did LCC do anything different scheme-wise on defense or did the players just execute better? They obviously took Lewis out of his game.
First of all PCC lets be honest the refs gave you the win. I have talked to several referees and they have agreed Charlie Banks was in on that two point conversion, but it is to late now. As bad as i hate to say it this game will never be a rivalry because LCC owns you guys year in and year out. As they say the sun shines on the dogs as- sometimes. Pay back is a B
PCC will lose to Clay and Whitley. LCC will be District Champs Again.
UKisN1 Wrote:19-0 at half. Defense was better. What is your point?

My point is that the coaches still have their favorites and don't want to play anyone else. They are going to lose a lot of good talent for next year if they don't start treating these boys with some respect like not even letting some of them participate in practice. See not many people really know what goes on behind the scenes.
RonBurgundy Wrote:Did LCC do anything different scheme-wise on defense or did the players just execute better? They obviously took Lewis out of his game.

It looked that they just executed better.
LCC held Clay County to 8 rushing yards :eek:
Charlie Banks set the school record for points in a game with 26.:rockon:
Banks now has 12 rushing TD's on the year. He's on pace for 30.
footballgirl Wrote:Good win but the coaches still don't get the picture. They replaced Conn with freshmen... Hall got hurt, I hope he is ok. But overall it was a nice win for the Cougars. But you still have great talent on the side lines I just don't understand why you don't want to use any of them.: Cheerlead

:confused:
Old Jacket Wrote:PCC will lose to Clay and Whitley. LCC will be District Champs Again.
Totally agree with this!~
Football girl you have no clue what you are talken about. Number one a freshman did not take conn out. He took Shepherd out at line backer and Shepherd went back to his old position. Another thing every kid on the cougars team that comes to practise and is not hurt gets a chance to play in practise trust me I know. So you are sayen that you was happy with our teams defense in the PCC game? Changes had to be made!!!!!!!
I got an ideal why dont you come to practise and show Coach Howard who you think should be starten and who is not getten the chance to participate in practise. I mean this could be the answer to our problems.
Old jacket, I am not taking sides, but I attend 95% of practices and know for a fact that all kids do not get to participate in the practices
You tell me one kid who does not get to practise and I will tell you that I am wrong. All I am asking is for one kids name who is not practising. You are at 95 Percent of practises then you should know right?????
Not going to argue with ya, would not help anything especially the children. Needless to say did Cougars play better, yes, still some things to work on, yes. Gave up too many yards between the 20's. Did tighten up in red zone which was great