Poll: Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Russell
74.42%
Ashland
25.58%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Russell vs. Ashland
Russelldad Wrote:thanks. appreciate it. do you know what time?
Not sure. It will probably be on tape delay tonight @ 9-10pm if not tomorrow morning.
Russell will avenge the 2006 3OT game tonight.

20-14 Russell in 2OT!!!!!!!!
devil58 Wrote:It always cracks me up when people say you get cheated at certain schools in the 16th region moreso than others in the 16th...You know what I mean: "You better be 2 td's better at Ashland" or "Refs make it tough to get out of Russell with a win"...This is not Ohio where each school can pick their refs so you get the same "homer" refs at every Ironton game, etc... They are assigned by the 16th Region Assigning Secretary and every school in the 16th region uses the same refs...The crew doing Ashland's home game against Russell this week may be at Russell next week for their game against East Carter...Are they going to cheat for Ashland this week and Russell next week...If they go to Raceland the following week will they cheat for Raceland then?? You are giving the refs way too much credit and the players too little credit for the outcome of games...

I know the Assigning Secretary and most of the refs in the 16th region and I am NOT concerned that Russell will get cheated at Ashland tonight...I am also confident that anyone who comes to Russell will NOT be cheated as well...We need to give that excuse a rest...

I'm very glad to see a Russell fan make a stand against the outlandish references to cheating by referees at Ashland as well as all other area Kentucky schools. Playing at home will give your team an advantage, but not because of the officials. Your reference to Ohio is exactly correct. Teams need to travel to some Ohio schools more often to realize what it really means to feel as though you've been slighted by the actions of an official.
Welcome to BlueGrassRivals

If you ever have any questions, problems, or comments, contact me at [email=tomcat6868@gmail.com]tomcat6868@gmail.com[/email] or via PM by clicking here [Image: http://www.bluegrassrivals.com/finalnewbanner3.png]
DevilsWin Wrote:Not sure. It will probably be on tape delay tonight @ 9-10pm if not tomorrow morning.

okay. thanks. I don't have time warner, so I was getting someone to tape for me.
Should be a great game between two good teams....
Twitter: @tc_analytics

What a night this will be!! No matter the outcome, the anticipation is worth more than most could ask for!! Good luck to both TEAMS!! But GOOOOO --DEVILS!!
I don't know. Putnam stadium has produced a number of strange calls over the years.

Calls and noncalls alike. They do seem to go in favor of the Tomcats. I don't think it is outright cheating but I do think there is some influence there. More so than what most other area schools recieve as a home field advantage.
go Red Devils
devil58 Wrote:It always cracks me up when people say you get cheated at certain schools in the 16th region moreso than others in the 16th...You know what I mean: "You better be 2 td's better at Ashland" or "Refs make it tough to get out of Russell with a win"...This is not Ohio where each school can pick their refs so you get the same "homer" refs at every Ironton game, etc... They are assigned by the 16th Region Assigning Secretary and every school in the 16th region uses the same refs...The crew doing Ashland's home game against Russell this week may be at Russell next week for their game against East Carter...Are they going to cheat for Ashland this week and Russell next week...If they go to Raceland the following week will they cheat for Raceland then?? You are giving the refs way too much credit and the players too little credit for the outcome of games...

I know the Assigning Secretary and most of the refs in the 16th region and I am NOT concerned that Russell will get cheated at Ashland tonight...I am also confident that anyone who comes to Russell will NOT be cheated as well...We need to give that excuse a rest...
Ya you know your right I have never been to a high school football game in the any region in Ky the last 30yrs. that I thought one team or the other had one sided calls--I don't know what I was thinking. But tonight no one was cheated they were who-doed.....This may be the loss Russell needed again this yr. to propel them all the way! Thankx