Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Breathitt County 41 - Boyd County 6
Final
breathitt back on track in this one. good game by Huff(wr) haddix and fugate.
Wow........
Good win for the Bobcats....
Twitter: @tc_analytics

nice win, good luck next week.
Congrats Breathitt!
Why did Breathitt leave the starters in to score a late TD after Boyd County had started subbing in for their starters?
FBALL Wrote:Why did Breathitt leave the starters in to score a late TD after Boyd County had started subbing in for their starters?
I was wondering the same thing last night.
FBALL Wrote:Why did Breathitt leave the starters in to score a late TD after Boyd County had started subbing in for their starters?
Kick'em while they're down! This win makes them feel as if they can compete with district. After the last two games they had no stats. 28 - 0 by the end of the half. You would think they would try many things. Sounds like they wanted them to not be winded if they had to go all 4 quarters.
RUSSELL RED DEVILS
don't know about kickin them while they are down but i do know that breathitt needed the starters to play and get comfortable in game situations, they lost 2 games and played terrible. breathitt was runnning the ball at will, at least they quit doing that. Haddix needed the practice in a game situation throwing the football, call it what you want, but the bobcats were 0-2 and needed this one
I agree that they needed this win badly and kind of figured they would get it this way. But in the fourth quarter, up 35-6, when the other team pulls its starters why not run the clock and go home.

From the sounds of it on radio Haddix ran all over them from the QB spot.
It is the responsibility of the defense to keep the offense out of the end zone, and Breathitt is a young team that needs practice in a "live" environment. The score was what 35-6 in the 4th? That is bad but not bad enough to call off the dogs in my opinion, especially when you need the practice and confidence.

TheBrahmaBull Wrote:It is the responsibility of the defense to keep the offense out of the end zone, and Breathitt is a young team that needs practice in a "live" environment. The score was what 35-6 in the 4th? That is bad but not bad enough to call off the dogs in my opinion, especially when you need the practice and confidence.

I can by the practice in a game situation and the confidence thing. The only problem I have is that Boyd pulled Wilson and most of the other starters to get the younger players some time. Why not let Breathitts younger players get some snaps as well?

You are right though. It is the defenses responsibility to keep the offense out of the endzone. And I knew from seeing Boyd's defense they would not be able to do that in this game.
FBALL Wrote:I can by the practice in a game situation and the confidence thing. The only problem I have is that Boyd pulled Wilson and most of the other starters to get the younger players some time. Why not let Breathitts younger players get some snaps as well?

You are right though. It is the defenses responsibility to keep the offense out of the endzone. And I knew from seeing Boyd's defense they would not be able to do that in this game.
Anyone that knows Breathitt football knows that Coach Holcomb will not call off the dogs regardless of the other team's substitutions until it is a 40+ point lead. It is still early in the season and Breathitt needs to get as many reps as possible for their starters. They should be able to get some sub work in the Estill and Powell games.

TheBrahmaBull Wrote:Anyone that knows Breathitt football knows that Coach Holcomb will not call off the dogs regardless of the other team's substitutions until it is a 40+ point lead. It is still early in the season and Breathitt needs to get as many reps as possible for their starters. They should be able to get some sub work in the Estill and Powell games.

I consider that kind of bush league. Oh well, what comes around goes around.
FBALL Wrote:I consider that kind of bush league. Oh well, what comes around goes around.
That is the reason people love to jump on the anti-Breathitt bandwagon because the Bobcats have run it up so many times that it has caused hard feelings around the area. Breathitt will have a bulls-eye on them because of it, but that is just the way it is. I have seen games that they should have backed off and did not, but being up 35-6 is not one of those situations.

TheBrahmaBull Wrote:That is the reason people love to jump on the anti-Breathitt bandwagon because the Bobcats have run it up so many times that it has caused hard feelings around the area. Breathitt will have a bulls-eye on them because of it, but that is just the way it is. I have seen games that they should have backed off and did not, but being up 35-6 is not one of those situations.
And you think thats ok? We are not anti bobcat. We like to promote good sportsmanship. That doesn't teach it.
RUSSELL RED DEVILS
jgrubby Wrote:And you think thats ok? We are not anti bobcat. We like to promote good sportsmanship. That doesn't teach it.

I agree.
I am shocked with that score.
Nice to see Breathitt get their first win of the season G/L rest of the year boys.
jgrubby Wrote:And you think thats ok? We are not anti bobcat. We like to promote good sportsmanship. That doesn't teach it.
We will have to agree to disagree.....35-6 is not bad enough to take your starters out......There is nothing wrong with what Breathitt did....If teams do not like it, keep the starters out there and do not quit.

TheBrahmaBull Wrote:That is the reason people love to jump on the anti-Breathitt bandwagon because the Bobcats have run it up so many times that it has caused hard feelings around the area. Breathitt will have a bulls-eye on them because of it, but that is just the way it is. I have seen games that they should have backed off and did not, but being up 35-6 is not one of those situations.

I'm not anti-Breathitt County in any way. I will agree to disagree to an extent. I actually agree with you to a point. 35-6 really isn't out of the realm of possibilities. After all 35-6 is just a couple of big plays from being a much closer game. I can uderstand leaving your starters in to get some work. I don't have a problem with that.

The only part I don't like is that Boyd pulled their starters and Breathitt left theirs in with full intent to score another TD. To me when one coach does it the other should follow suit. That is Holcomes perogative and he is entitled to do so if he wants.
Think about it how do they score there ranking? By how much you score and how much you give up
kymom Wrote:Think about it how do they score there ranking? By how much you score and how much you give up
Rankings mean nothing. This isn't the BCS.
True. But why does everybody talk about it if it dont mean anything
Look it is quiet simple! If Breathitt wants to blow a team out that is their right. It is the D's responsibility to stop the O. Should they try to get their non-starters some experience? That is up to the coaches. Apparently Boyd chose this option, but Breathitt felt the starters needed more for whatever reason. So it is what it is.........
kymom Wrote:True. But why does everybody talk about it if it dont mean anything
For ego.

Its superficial bragging rights. Everthing is decided in the playoffs not by polls.
EKY Sportster Wrote:Look it is quiet simple! If Breathitt wants to blow a team out that is their right. It is the D's responsibility to stop the O. Should they try to get their non-starters some experience? That is up to the coaches. Apparently Boyd chose this option, but Breathitt felt the starters needed more for whatever reason. So it is what it is.........

Its really not that simple. Most Coaches do not run up scores once subs have been put in. Coaches have long memories in most cases and as was said earlier, what comes around goes around.
What would Boyd have done if they was in Breathitt spot?
kymom Wrote:What would Boyd have done if they was in Breathitt spot?
Put in the subs.