Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Perry Central 33 - Letcher Central 32
Final.
Excellent game both teams played hard neither team needs to hang there head.
Wow...this is a big surprise although I knew PCC was a lot better this year.
nice close game, was there any final minute heroics?
yes there was and im going to let someone else tell it.
LCC had the ball drivin it down the field with last than one min. to go and they went for a 33 yard FG on 4th down to win the game but the fumbled it to turn the ball over on downs.Giving PCC win HUGE district win.

WAY TO GO BROWNE AND THE COMMODORES!!!!
wow, a little choke down the stretch? hope this dont haunt them later in the season, and in playoffs.
i thought it was pretty bush league how perry centrals PA man was acting. the kids have to show sportmanship so should he
that is embaressing and he is a black eye to the program. no grown man should be out there taking the focus off these kids by acting that lame on the mic. if he wants to be a fan he needs to go get in the stands. im not even a lcc fan either iv heard him act like this 2 weeks in a row.
Norm Stewert Wrote:i thought it was pretty bush league how perry centrals PA man was acting. the kids have to show sportmanship so should he
that is embaressing and he is a black eye to the program. no grown man should be out there taking the focus off these kids by acting that lame on the mic. if he wants to be a fan he needs to go get in the stands. im not even a lcc fan either iv heard him act like this 2 weeks in a row.

He gets the players and fans fired up! Aye it looks like its working two wins in a row and a huge district win over the Cougars tonight!
how bout them commodores...1st time theyve beat letcher since it opened
wow. suprised me thought lcc may have took this one by 2+ td. congrats dores.
WOW!! i didnt see that one coming.
I got to listen to this on the radio. I was a nervous wreck and didn't have a dog in this fight.
This is not the same team like in the past. Perry is a good team they are big and fast Good job guys
LCC has no defense. This tells me were they stand the rest of the season. Last season they let teams hang around and it nearly cost them. Looks like this year it is going to be alot of the same. PCC made me take my words and eat them. Good improvement on there part. Looks like they were very well prepared and worked alot harder in practice. Anyway i am shocked and shamed. Good luck Cougars!!!
I love it EVERYBODY said LCC was going to win this. What everybody doesn't understand is LAST YEAR is LAST YEAR!! This is a new season...new players...along with some new coaches.
Wowwww, nice job PCC
I knew this PCC team was good when we played them how did there QB play tonight?
BatCat11 Wrote:I knew this PCC team was good when we played them how did there QB play tonight?

Jordin played very well. He ran the ball good and throwed some great passes. David Napier made Big Time Catches again this week. The key to this game was the fact the Offensive Line made big holes where needed. They allowed Jordin Amis to set back without pressure and choose where to throw the ball. The Offensive Line was very impressive this game. Also, Demetri Travis, which is an outstanding runner, has moves and speed second to none. Way to go Commodores!!! :Clap:
WOW... Congrats Commodores!
I am just glad that I don't have to hear the whatever it was announcing the game again..BUSH LEAGUE!!!! We just didn't play good enough to win when it comes down to it.. Hope we meet the Dores in the playoffs again..Too many missed tackles and dropped balls last night. And when that happens, you aren't going to win most of the time! Congrats Dores and just gotta get ready for the Tigers next week Cougars! BECAUSE IT SURE DOESN'T GET ANY EASIER!
Anybody else think LCC was think they were alot better than they actually are going into this game? I think the got a cure for a bad case of swollen cranium.
FBALL Wrote:Anybody else think LCC was thinking they were alot better than they actually are going into this game? I think they got a cure for a bad case of swollen cranium.

I kinda agree. LCC isn't the mountain powerhouse that some think they are. They are still far from the likes of Belfry and Bell County...
Guys, I don't think anyone said we were a powerhouse like Belfry and Bell County. With that being said, we lost first game last year and then won 11 in a row. I would certainly take that again. We are a young football team that is still making young mistakes. I bet we had 100 yards in personal foul penalties last night and you can't do that and beat a good team. No one in this area has two kids with as much speed and quickness as the the Travis and Amis kid for PCC. They are two great players and we could not stop them. Finally, I will say this about the PA announcer. There is no place for that in high school football...period. I think there is a rule where the band can't play at certain times. Well the same should be said for the PA announcer.
I has said HazzBeen that this loss might have been the best thing to happen to this team..And I am not one who says that a loss is good at anytime for any situation but I truly believe that with this team..Everything will be alright and time to get rollin' for the rest of the season.
PLAYBOY5 Wrote:I has said HazzBeen that this loss might have been the best thing to happen to this team..And I am not one who says that a loss is good at anytime for any situation but I truly believe that with this team..Everything will be alright and time to get rollin' for the rest of the season.

I agree with playboy. Its good to lose earlier to show your team what it actually feels like. Hazard last year didnt really know until the last game and really didnt play from behind. You did know what it was like last year to rally back into the game. But take this as a learning experience and put it behind you and use it to get ready for the playoffs.
Congrats PCC
There were two keys to the Commodores winning this game:
1. Too many dropped passes.
It seemed that LCC just couldn't get the passing game going. Without a passing threat, it makes it really easy to key on a few players executing plays in the running game.
2. Could not contain Travis and Amis
Travis had some huge plays both rushing and receiving the ball. He started with a huge catch and had another really late in the back of the end zone. His offensive line created some nice holes and he was able to get some nice gains on the ground.
Amos had some pretty passes throughout the game and, when needed, was able to scramble outside the pocket and salvage 8-9 yards.

All in all, PCC played an excellent game and were able to capitolize at key situations in the game. However, I do believe that this was not the best showing that we can expect from the Cougars. I truely believe that this team will take this loss and learn from it and it will make them stronger in he upcoming weeks.
Great use of grammar FBALL. I read your post about 4 times before I could make any sense of it. But when a regular contributor makes a single mistake, you guys get all over them for it. Possibly you are so bombastic and we are so illiterate that you might have to explain so that we can better comprehend. This was a great game . There had to be a winner and a loser. Unfortunately for us,the Cougars came out on the short end. But the season is a long way from being over. We'll compare notes after week 10 and see what is what, and who is still standing. Congrats to the Commodores on the win.
last night the defense for lcc was awful the qb had more tackles then almost any other player on the team and i thought he was supposed to be the one getting protected. their problem is that they don't want to make any changes to their line up. some of their best defense is on the side line i remember one of their freshman players from wms last year he was one of the best line man in the region so why are they not trying him. also they had another player from wms that was a linebacker and receiver and one of the faster players on the field. but they are using 3 other boys that are not nearly as good but they refuse to try something new so maybe if they would give some other boys the chance they just might be surprised. not only do they have wonderful freshmen boys that are not even getting the chance to play they also have great junior boys that are not being played. if you ask me i think they need to try something new.
coaches you have wonderful talent on the side line why don't you use it????????????
Great win last night PCC. Glad you guys made me eat my words. HECK OF A JOB COACH BROWNE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Keep up the good work. :thumpsup: