Poll: Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Powell County
25.64%
Estill County
74.36%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Estill County vs. Powell County - Sept. 12
what is going to be the score next Friday and were did you come up with your score?
this game will be ugly. if powell plays defense like from what i read they did tonight, they could come out with a w, ALOT of effort must be put forth.
I'm gonna have to go with estill in this one by at least 3 touchdowns. Their backfield is just way too tough for powell to handle. It should be another 400 yard plus rushing game for the neers.
The pirate ship will sink this friday night!!!!!!
Estill - 49
Powell - 13
The way powell has been playing, them engineers better not be overlooking the pirates. They have a very tough defense this year after adding senior transfer from grc tyler perkins to their roster. Im highly doubting that the engineers will have another 400 rushing game. Good luck to both teams. Im gonna take powell in the close upset. 28-27
If Powell plays the way they did against Morgan, then it should be a much closer game. I'm gonna say Powell in a nail biter!!!

Powell 29

Estill 27
This will be a great hard hitting game for both teams, i am taking powell 27-29 this will be a great game.
bluegrassballa Wrote:If Powell plays the way they did against Morgan, then it should be a much closer game. I'm gonna say Powell in a nail biter!!!

Powell 29

Estill 27

Not even close! Estill's not Morgan County. Pineville talked smack, Bourbon talked smack and Powell is notorious for talking smack. The results will all be the same.:redboxer:
Rivalries are great, this should be a good game. Powell has improved by leaps and bounds, it will be interesting to see what happens Friday night. Let's keep this civil, with a healthy amount of respect for both sides. Remember we're talking about teenagers. In games such as these you can throw records and past perfomances out the window.
Estill by 3 td's
This Game Is Always Interesting...No Matter The Season Either Team Is Having. Both Teams Bring All They've Got...Hence The Rivalry. Estill Has Improved A Lot On Both Sides Of The Ball...So I Expect Them To Win.
Big Grin
Estill by as much as they want. Powell County has improved and will go on to a decent year, but they cannot stop the Engineers from what I've seen. The only team in this game that can stop the Engineers, is the Engineers.
Lucky13 Wrote:Estill by as much as they want. Powell County has improved and will go on to a decent year, but they cannot stop the Engineers from what I've seen. The only team in this game that can stop the Engineers, is the Engineers.

I have to agree. Look for a blowout unless something unusual happens. Powell will have a hard time scoring against a much improved Estill team. Estill will score as much as they want unless like you mentioned they put themselves in a bad position. I would suggest Estill 40+ to 0, maybe 7 if they pull the varsity. Jackson Co and Morgan Co do not compare to Pineville and Bourbon IMO. Esill's test will come against a struggling Bobcat team the following week, that should show how they are going to do.
Estill 42
Powell 27
I've got a feeling that Estill will come into this one overlooking the Pirates but after Powell scores one or even threatens to score Estill should be able to run away with it. I'll take the Neers by 3+ touchdowns.

Best of luck to both!
bobcatfan22 Wrote:The way powell has been playing, them engineers better not be overlooking the pirates. They have a very tough defense this year after adding senior transfer from grc tyler perkins to their roster. Im highly doubting that the engineers will have another 400 rushing game. Good luck to both teams. Im gonna take powell in the close upset. 28-27

Powell Co. may have improved this year, but they have played much weaker teams, IMO, then Estill. This will be a great rivalry game. From what I have seen, Estill will win this one by as much as they want.
This game will be close and i think should be the ganme of the week,,Estill by a td
Estill-49
Powell-12
Powell will have a dog fight on there hands especially if they cant handle the Estill county defense.
Estill will put the screws in by the end of the third....
Estill =) They are tough stuff this year.

Those 11 seniors can make a difference and eight of them have been playing together since middle school. Those boys have been waiting for this moment all their life. They WANT this.
Lets go boys! show'em what we got =) we're behind you all the way!

good luck both teams throughout the season.
Estill County rolls up the yards and the points. Estill big.
FBALL Wrote:Estill County rolls up the yards and the points. Estill big.

I think you are right. Powell has had a great start and first time being 2-0. Powell has greatly improved with the players getting older and adapting to the new coach. Unfortunately Estill has too. IMO the Cinderalla story ends Friday. The impressive thing about Estill is the defense thus far. Been a while since Estill just gave up 22 pts. in the first two games, no matter who they played, and Bourbon Co had outstanding speed which usually hurt Estill in the past. But anything can happen on a Friday night once the ball is tee'd up. If Estill don't overlook Powell on to Breathitt, they shouldn't have much trouble. Best of luck to both teams.
i have been inattendance to all of Powell's games this year and what i have seen is good. They have improved tremendously since last year. I believe that those engineers will have a game on their hands, but i believe that those Pirates have three times the heart estill has and just as much talent. If Powell County comes out and lays it all on the line and plays their ***'s of then I think they will leave Irvine with a big W.

Powell--36
Estill--27
Estill by 13.
I'll take Powell by a slim margin. Estill is strong and Powell has a lot of speed. This game willclet you know where we stand.
blitz43 Wrote:I'll take Powell by a slim margin. Estill is strong and Powell has a lot of speed. This game willclet you know where we stand.

Estill is very strong and are much faster than people think. The D for the NEERS is very much improved like NIECE said and 15 of those 22 points were on JV players so that means VARSITY only gave up 7. To the offense side part of the NEERS the can only stop themselves. Powell has very much improved also on both sides of the ball but i dont think it will be enough. I dont think Powells D-line will be able to take the punishment from Estills O-line all night long. Just remember this game will be played at ESTILL. Good luck to both teams.
Estill will not be over looking Powell Co. They are always ready to play them. I think Estill will win this one. Go Engineers!!!
I just cant wait till friday!!!:Cheerlead
bobcatfan22 Wrote:I just cant wait till friday!!!:Cheerlead

I feel the same way.:letsfight
But I am just wondering shouldnt your name be Piratefan22 instead of bobcatfan22 cause you only talk about Powell and are at there games.:confused: