Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Belfry 20 - Lawrence County 13
Belfry survives a close one.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
One word.............UGLY. But the upside is that the Pirates will have a lot of poor execution to see on the game film come Monday and a game like this will only help in the long run. Would loved to have seen them have a game like this sometime last year to better prepare them for a very close championship game loss.
Very good game good luck to both teams the rest of the way:howdy:
Great game here it looks like Congrat Belfry and good luck to the Dawgs the rest of the year
LC fans should be proud of their team, it sounded as if they played with determination and pride unlike the previous couple years. Really liek the way their coach called this game, Belfry's Offense was effective, but he limited that by controlling the clock and limiting posessions.
Congrats to "BOTH" teams on a hard fought game.
WOW,,, never would have picked that one like that..
Romans 14:11
It is written: " 'As surely as I live,' says the Lord, 'every knee will bow before me; every tongue will confess to God.' "
This is a lot closer than what I thought it would be. I was in attendence and it was a very good game to watch. Belfry played sloppy at times but played good when it mattered. Lawrence County played with a lot of heart. They should be good in years to come with all those young players getting to play. Congrats Belfry.
This win will help Belfry a lot, Lawrence County always plays us great, hate to see this series end. Good luck to Lawrence the rest of the way out.
Wow congrats both teams
Great game by both teams. Guys don't underestimate the talent at Lawrence County. Totally different team than last year. Kudos to the players and coaches. We are gonna miss playin this series.Good Job to the Pirates for hangin tough.
What the world happened here? I know they play Belfry tough? Did they play that bad or did LC improve that much? Are they as good as there rated?
cuppett777 Wrote:what the world happened here,i know they paly belfry tough?did they play that bad or lc improve that much?are they as good as there rated?

Lawrence Co has improved that much.. These kids have no reason to hang there head.. Hope for a speedy recovery to Chan Shepard..
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[YOUTUBE="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Y2Ezx8SnN0"][/YOUTUBE]
Seriously what happened.. Did LC go wild on them.
I figured this game would have been a blowout, man was I wrong, what a close game. CONGRATS to the Pirates.
Belfry played half asleep and L.C. played with alot of heart and determination basically.Could have been a different ball game had the Sheppard kid not sprained his ankle.Hes a player.Hope all is well with him.
Hilbily Wrote:Seriously what happened.. Did LC go wild on them.

Inspired, improved, and overlooked LC team that played with a great passion and an excellent gameplan.

Belfry moved the ball with ease on LC, but the Pirates had very few posessions in this one and wasted two ro 3 drives with stupid penalties and fumbles.

LC controlled the clock except for the 4th Quarter.

Belfry needed this.
A lot closer than I would have expected.
Lawrence County executed the type of gameplan you have to have to potentially beat Belfry, unless of course you have the raw athletic ability and size of a Central. Control the ball and the clock is utmost and Lawrence County did that. Run effectively...LC did that..Don't be intimidated...LC was not, unlike last year...Catch Belfry playing an uninspired first half...Proof...Lawrence was jumping up and down in a big huddle when they ran on the field and Belfry walked in their sleep with no fire...Bottom line...respect all opponents...Bottom line number 2...Best thing that could happen to the Pirates...an unexpected close game heading into two blowout weeks, an open date, and then a Pikeville team that was blasted by Ashland...Mucho ammo for the coaches to have at practice.

High points for Belfry...Thomas V. as always
Much more solid D the second half though not dominant.

Get well C. Shepherd...Along with Pack and a good D...kept Lawrence in it all night.

Interesting fact: Belfry only 8 possessions: 4 in first half...1. Ivan Lee touchdown...2. fumble...3. punt...4. knee at half.
2nd half 4 possessions...1. Thomas V. touchdown...2. Lawrence held Belfry on downs inside LC 15...3. Charlie D. touchdown...4. knee at end of game...
This really shows how good LC controlled the game.
Hey EKU Alum...I never have told you this, but i really appreciate the thought out and informative posts.
Good game to both teams..
Does anybody have any stats of the game
Very surprised by the score but like I said in the predictions thread, Lawrence County always plays Belfry tough.

Congrats Pirates... keep your heads up Lawrence County!
I am amazed by this score. Sounds like a great game. Congrats to both teams!
A very ugly win for Belfry. It may be me, but something is missing from this Belfry team and from the fans. Heads nor hearts were in this game. As for the fans, I don't know why most of them bothered to make the trip to Lawrence County just to sit all night and do nothing. The team and the fans need a little fire behind them, or we are going to be in for a very rude awakening.
I agree with you Belfry Forever...It seems to me that some complacency is looming with the fans. I understand that expectations are high, but players and fans alike have to help meet those expectations. Belfry is not the only good team with good players, and sometimes heart and the will to win is just as important as size, speed, and talent. This is why i believe this game to be a real wakeup for the Big Red. Belfry is not as good as they are gonna be, and they need to work on a lot of mistakes and find the players who are gonna lay it all on the line for 48 minutes a night regardless of the opponent.
Shocked at this score as well tonight. Taking nothing away from Lawrence County, but Belfry isn't going to play there A game EVERY FRIDAY NIGHT PEOPLE! It isn't like L.C. is a cupcake. Congrats Pirates on the win and to L.C. on a hard fought game!
Belfry needed this kind of game badly. I would have hated to blow them out and roll through the next month untested going into the Sheldon Clark game at the Rock.

Thanks Dawgs for giving our boys a wake-up call.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
wow is Belfry overrated for is Lawrence County under rated....Hope the Shepard kid is ok
qbdad2011 Wrote:wow is Belfry overrated for is Lawrence County under rated....Hope the Shepard kid is ok

This game doesn't say a lot about whether Belfry is overrated or Lawrence Co. underrated. It says that Belfry has a lot of work to do to improve, which is where Belfry is usually at this point of the season. Right now, the defense is nowhere near where they were last year, but thats right now and not in October or November. Lawrence County is much improved. I hate the fact that Shepherd got hurt. He really controlled the game.

Here are a couple of scores from the past that support my argument that this game really has no determination on whether Belfry is good or bad at this stage of the season:

2004 at LC...Belfry 20, Lawrence 18...Belfry goes on to defend their state title.
2005 at the CAM for the first time between the two schools...Belfry 14, Lawrence 13...Belfry goes on to the state semis and loses a tough road game to Russell.