Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Johnson Central 49 - St. Thomas More 13
Final
This wasn't much of a game, JC score at ease
Just what I expected... had many tell me that JC would get beat, lol.

Congrats Eagles!
I am loving the taste of crow right now lol
Wow, congrats to JC on the huge win.
U-s-a
U-s-a
U-s-a
Congrats JC...
Total domination by JC tonight...They rolled up 402 yards on ground for the second straight game and just were 2 physical for a big St. Thomas More team. This game was never in doubt, JC's defense looked good again and their rb's were just FAST. Its now on to the next game against Bryan Station!!! This game will be HUGE!!!
I guess I can keep posting now.LOL
Nice win, I'm sure it was a great experience for both teams.
Belfry might have to look out of the states to get games next season, maybe we will go to Mexico lol.
Way to go JC. Nice way to represent EKY!
Ahhh ye of little faith...JC pulls this one out in a big way. StTM never even got close to bein in this one. JC really took it to them right out of the gate and never looked back. The O-line was superb and the back hit the holes. The offense was exceptional but, how about that defense. The defense stuck all night, they held the backs in and never gave em a chane to run. Well done JC.

Congrats to Chase Richardson for being the offensive player of the night and Ryan Harlow for being defensive player of the night. Way to work guys.
Congrats Johnson Central
This game was over before it started.....Chase and Nathan Dillion done what they wanted, when they wanted, and St Thomas More could only watch......thought it would be alittle closer but i left with about 7 minutes to go in th 4th when JC put in the JV and they scored on STM.......Ian Welch is still a great defensive player and a good punt returner...took one back for a touchdown....congrats to JC!!!!
Game with alot of hype turns into a laughing stock!!! Congrats J.C. Way to win the gold!
PLAYBOY5 Wrote:Game with alot of hype turns into a laughing stock!!! Congrats J.C. Way to win the gold!
The score did end up a blow out but was a competitive game midway thru 3rd quarter. Thought JC just wore them down in second half, make no mistake St. Thomas More had some outstanding athletes.
If you come to JCHS to play, make sure you buckle your chin strap. This team will hit you in the mouth. Good job JCHS!
Congrats JC
That's why you don't mess with America, greatest country in the world...

*Edited by BGR Staff for spelling/grammar. Please use correct spelling and grammar the next time you post.*
Who saw this coming....hummmm everyone in Canada they play Hockey for a reason.

*Edited by BGR Staff for spelling/grammar. Please use correct spelling and grammar the next time you post.*
Does anyone know where Matney was perched for this game?...Ha Ha...It will be good to see Jim back on the sidelines.
Is St. Thomas Moore in Canada? Lol. But congrats to JC on a very impressive win.
PLAYBOY5 Wrote:Game with alot of hype turns into a laughing stock!!! Congrats J.C. Way to win the gold!

Yeah,I can't figure out where the hype was comming from? I mean they played Ironton a few years back and got rolled just as badly.:confused: :confused: .Maybe people were bored.

But i will give them credit for coming down here and playing though.And they play some tough teams also.
Does this mean JCHS would win National Championship in Canada? Haha. Good job, Johnson Central.

I don't see where there should have been any hype at all for a game like this. The hype should be reserved for games like Pburg and Breathitt and Belfry and Johnson Central. Just my opinion. Still a great job by the big Black and Gold.
JCpride Wrote:Ahhh ye of little faith...JC pulls this one out in a big way. StTM never even got close to bein in this one. JC really took it to them right out of the gate and never looked back. The O-line was superb and the back hit the holes. The offense was exceptional but, how about that defense. The defense stuck all night, they held the backs in and never gave em a chane to run. Well done JC.

Congrats to Chase Richardson for being the offensive player of the night and Ryan Harlow for being defensive player of the night. Way to work guys.

I seen many times, especially during the first drive of the 3rd quarter where JC allowed More to run over them and through tackles. JC was more focused on laying a big hit then looking for approval than wrapping up and making the tackle. Fortunately, it didnt come back to haunt them, but against a quality opponent, one like they will see this week in Bryan Station, it could cost them or put them into some close situation. Also there pass defense is still weak, many dropped balls that could have been big plays by More.

Overall the Eagles played a good game and Coach Reeves done a great job at filling in while Matney was out, but their is still lots of room for improvement if this team is to make it out of the 2nd round of the playoffs.
It wasn't really a fair game though.
Canadian football rules are different.
Their field is bigger, they use a different ball, they have more players on the field.
They did good to have to come play by a different countries rules though.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_...n_football
there's a link with all of the differences.
Congrats Johnson Central.
Congrats JC! STM just didn't live up to the hype IMO as is usually the case with these out of state and out of country teams. But it was a good experience for them and for JC and the fans to have them come in to play. Good for our tourism too! lol
This wasn't what i was expecting when I went to the game. All this hype this week on here and knowing they are their countries national defending champs, I expected a close game or even possibly a blowout the other way. But my eagles showed them what american football is all about haha. I give STM credit, they never gave up. I'm sure it is hard to come to the U.S. and play when you put everything in consideration.
Congrats JC on the win!