Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Underrated and Overrated
True Big Blue Fan Wrote:I think that South Floyd is underrated. They played 3A Magoffin County down to the wire.

That's funny right there! I don't care who you are that's funny!!!
Lets keep this thread civil!
Canon Wrote:They had Letcher Central on the ropes in their first ever ball game. They also played without TB TJ Green. I would say Green would have had at least 15 carries in that game.

You guys should have played us close. You returned 30 total starters from last years teams and we only returned 11 (2 on offense).
Thank you BlackcatAlum.
HazzBeen Wrote:You guys should have played us close. You returned 30 total starters from last years teams and we only returned 11 (2 on offense).
I'm sorry but how can a team return 30 starters?
FBALL Wrote:I'm sorry but how can a team return 30 starters?
I guess they are talking from the different schools combining........I am sure there are many players with experience on the Harlan Central team.
Twitter: @tc_analytics

I think that SF will give Pikeville more then they expect.

*Edited by BGR Staff for spelling/grammar. Please use correct spelling and grammar the next time you post.*
Canon Wrote:They had Letcher Central on the ropes in their first ever ball game. They also played without TB TJ Green. I would say Green would have had at least 15 carries in that game.

To be honest with you I dont really know a whole lot about them. Im just sayin that they get talked up alot for a first year team.
Hazard doesnt seem to get enough attention, nor does Prestonsburg
Underated- Scheldon clark never gets mentioned they are a very good team and will be a struggle for most to play with. And i think bell County is overated the only reason they have a good record at the end of the year is because they play easy teams every year no 4A and 5A teams like everyone else from eastern kentucky.They are always playing 2a and 3a teams.
First of all, sports king, there's a big difference between SF and Pikeville. First of all SF is playing in Class 1A like they should be, Pikeville should be a 2A school but they stay in 1A so they can try and beat up on little teams around here. But aparently it isn't workin' too good cause still, no state championship for them in the 1A Class.

*Edited by BGR Staff for spelling/grammar. Please use correct spelling and grammar the next time you post.*
FBALL Wrote:I'm sorry but how can a team return 30 starters?
"Don't let em' graduate".
RUSSELL RED DEVILS
SportsKing Wrote:That's funny right there! I don't care who you are that's funny!!!

Why is this so funny sports king?

True Big Blue Fan Wrote:First of all, sports king, there's a big difference between SF and Pikeville. First of all SF is playing in Class 1A like they should be, Pikeville should be a 2A school but they stay in 1A so they can try and beat up on little teams around here. But aparently it isn't workin' too good cause still, no state championship for them in the 1A Class.

What!! Pikeville has less than 400 kids in its high school, how could they even be considered a 2A school? Do you not know how the class systems are set up?
True Big Blue Fan Wrote:First of all, sports king, there's a big difference between SF and Pikeville. First of all SF is playing in Class 1A like they should be, Pikeville should be a 2A school but they stay in 1A so they can try and beat up on little teams around here. But aparently it isn't workin' too good cause still, no state championship for them in the 1A Class.

Your statement is false.

Pikeville does not "choose" to be a 1A school. The KHSAA determines a school's classification by their ENROLLMENT.

Pikeville does not, and CANNOT, choose to be 1A, 2A, or any class they want.

BTW, Pikeville has 4 state championships.

and
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
ComfortEagle Wrote:Your statement is false.

Pikeville does not "choose" to be a 1A school. The KHSAA determines a school's classification by their ENROLLMENT.

Great post haha
ComfortEagle Wrote:Your statement is false.

I will give you that Pikeville was awarded the 1955 (i think) title, but since the playoff format was implemented they only have 3. I figured I'd say something before someone else freaked.
Panther Thunder Wrote:I will give you that Pikeville was awarded the 1955 (i think) title, but since the playoff format was implemented they only have 3. I figured I'd say something beofre someone else freaked.

I know, I know, but the school still considers it a state championship.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Seriously? Good try.
ComfortEagle Wrote:I know, I know, but the school still considers it a state championship.
Correct me if I am wrong but wasn't the Runner-up in '72 in AA? If so There goes the can't play in AA theory.
Possibly, but I'm not sure. Let's all just agree he made an ignorant statement.

Enough thread-jacking. Let's get back to the topic, lol.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Underrated - Prestonsburg
blue60 Wrote:Underrated - Prestonsburg

How is Prestonsburg underrated? They are what, #6 in the mountain top 10?
I have been told by more then one resource that pikeville high school only allows a certain amount of students inrole there so they can stay a 1a school. I was talking about the recent years what has pikeville high school done they really havent done anything.
True Big Blue Fan Wrote:I have been told by more then one resource that pikeville high school only allows a certain amount of students inrole there so they can stay a 1a school. I was talking about the recent years what has pikeville high school done they really havent done anything.
Well, your resources (sources) are wrong. Pike County put a limit on how many students from the county district could inrole (enroll). And they have accomplished and been competitive more than a bunch of schools the same size or larger. Wink
True Big Blue Fan Wrote:I have been told by more then one resource that pikeville high school only allows a certain amount of students inrole there so they can stay a 1a school. I was talking about the recent years what has pikeville high school done they really havent done anything.

Seriously, just stop.
Really Pikeville could play up if they so chose, and petitioned the KHSAA, and they were allowed. When the first draft of the new alignment was drawn up, Highlands was the last school listed in class 3a. They cholse to play in 5a and it has worked for them. Not a whole lot of difference in the top of 1a and 2a, but at the middle and bottom sections of those classes there is a big difference.
BTW, i agree with a previous post that pikeville may be overrated at preseason number five, but i would still consider them top ten. Sheldon Clark is overrated every year and this is not really a knock, but until they consistently are a final eight or occasionally a final four team, how can they stay in the top ten of the 3a rankings.
It's hard to judge whether a school is over or under rated after just one game.I think most preseason polls are based on a schools reputation more than any thing else. I think that if you are annually a playoff team that you are going to be ranked higher in the preseason polls. I would say after the third or fourth games it will be a lot clearer.
Well we have seen 2 games. Looks like lawrence co is under rated, But they have a hard schedule to deal with. don't see them winning but 3 or 4 games.