Poll: Who will win?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Pikeville
43.40%
Corbin
56.60%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pikeville vs Corbin - Aug. 30
Thoughts?
I think pikeville will win by 7.
I expect a tough physical game. Thats not a hard assumption to make with these 2 teams and how they traditionaly play each other. If we can get holes opened up front for Harmon and the rest of the running game and our 3 new linebackers play with alot of intensity on D we should do well. If not were going to struggle.
Should be a low scoring game but Corbin should be able to take this one by at least two touchdowns as the Redhounds return their two leading rushers and two of the better linemen in the mountains. Corbin shouldn't be much of a threat through the air but it looks as if they're going back to old smashmouth Corbin football.

Best of luck to both!
Pikeville by 2 Touchdowns or Better
Pikeville and Corbin used to play ever year in the 80's real good series i was a part of those i will say this Corbin is very physical but they are some of best people you will meet off the field hope Pville wins.
Corbin.
Mini-Synopsis of the Panther's season....

If Pikeville's line can do the job and have improved... they will win... if the line has not improved since last season the Redhounds will control this one
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Mini-Synopsis of the Panther's season....

If Pikeville's line can do the job and have improved... they will win... if the line has not improved since last season the Redhounds will control this one

Exactamundo....Pikeville has the better skill players, but the game will be won or lost in the trenches...and I know Corbin has their running backs back...
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Mini-Synopsis of the Panther's season....

I agree and I think you will see a much improved line on both sides of the ball this year out of Pikeville. We have three of our five starters on the O-line back this year and the other 2 saw serious varsity time last year due to injury. And for the first time since '04 we have 5 starting lineman who have been playing their position since at least JR. high. We dont have a line full of converted fullbacks anymore. On D its the same situation we have 3 of our four D-lineman who saw alot of vasity time last year and will get better.
ttt
Pikeville by 2 TD's.
Corbin by 10
I like Corbin by a touchdown drive and a converted turnover into points....

Corbin 28
Pikeville 14
This one will be a hard one to pick for me, but I'll go with Pikeville on this by no more than a field goal or touchdown.

**Edited by BGR Staff for spelling/grammar. Please use correct spelling and grammar the next time you post.**
It will be a good close friday night game.

Pikeville: 28
Corbin: 24
Pikeville by 7. 28-21.
Corbin by 13
Corbin by 2 scores. No question about it!!
This will be close but I think Pikeville will win by a field goal.
Corbin 41-13
I've only seen Corbin play once against Belfry in the Pike County Bowl last year. They got destroyed and I've watched Pikeville play a lot so I'll go with the Panthers on this one.

*Edited by BGR Staff for spelling/grammar. Please use correct spelling and grammar the next time you post.*
Pikeville!!!!
Footballhillbilly25 Wrote:ive only seen corbin play once aginst belfry in the pike county bowl last year and they got destroyed and ive watched pikeville play alot so ill go with the panthers on this one
That's a good way to pick it, considering Belfry beat Pikeville worse than they did Corbin.
If...Then Wrote:It will be a good close friday night game.

Pikeville: 28
Corbin: 24

Played on Saturday Night!!! LOL
Corbin 30 - Pikeville 16

*Edited by BGR Staff for spelling/grammar. Please use correct spelling and grammar the next time you post.*
Panther Thunder Wrote:That's a good way to pick it, considering Belfry beat Pikeville worse than they did Corbin.
Clang Clang! LOL!
Corbin by two touchdowns.
Corbin in a close game.
ttt