Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Massey Ratings are out!
kybaseball Wrote:Russell is ranked "WAY TO LOW".Behind Johnson Central and Belfry? Please!!!!

I agree, Russell is probably ranked too low. But to suggest that it is ridiculous to rank Belfry ahead of them? I don't think so.

I think all three should be fairly close, with Belfry rated the highest, followed closely by Johnson Central and then Russell.
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
BlackcatAlum Wrote:True, but you also want to see your team get credited with the respect that they deserve.

Respect is earned on the field not on message boards.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Belfry lost OT Jimbo Stanley only on the line...May and Jones are equal losses... Phillip was a good player but as you said about Russell's D-linemen, he is replaceable. Belfry has been plugging in quick DT's since the early 2000's that can disrupt backfield's and timing.

If you have an opinion that against the ordinary, you should be able to backup your opinion with an arguement. That's what I want to see. It's a forum for discussion, it wouldn't be any fun if everyone simply stated their team was the best and never had to explain why.
If May had been injured to the extent Jones was, Breathitt Co would have made it to Papa Johns Stadium in 2007.
DevilsWin Wrote:If May had been injured to the extent Jones was, Breathitt Co would have made it to Papa Johns Stadium in 2007.

You didn't watch the Belfry/Breathitt game huh? Belfry had three backs over 100 yards rushing that game.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Yeah, I do not follow your logic so you will have to explain this one and validate why Russell, who fell in the State Quarters last year and seemingly return less experience than Belfry, who dominated the Eastern half of 3A, can honestly be justified as being ahead of the Pirates at this point?

EKU I am sensing some hostility from you it is my opinion and that's all it is a opinion.:confused:

Well Russell was in a pretty good war the week with before with Mason Co.Then they lost to a fine Breathitt Co.If I remember it was a close game and Russell could have won it just as easily.Russell fans help me out wasn't there a contraversial call that gave away a TD?

Plus Russell has Ivan McGlone they don't come any better.
kybaseball Wrote:EKU I am sensing some hostility from you it is my opinion and that's all it is a opinion.:confused:

Well Russell was in a pretty good war the week with before with Mason Co.Then they lost to a fine Breathitt Co.If I remember it was a close game and Russell could have won it just as easily.Russell fans help me out wasn't there a contraversial call that gave away a TD?

Plus Russell has Ivan McGlone they don't come any better.

No hostility, just wanting your perspective.

For example I would counter your reasoning by saying that Russell lost to breathitt at home and the next week Belfry dismantled Breathitt...and Ivan McGlone is offset by Phillip Haywood.

I have confidence that Russell will be a very, very good team this season and will be able to beat ANY 3A team on ANY given night.
More Cowbell Wrote:I agree, Russell is probably ranked too low. But to suggest that it is ridiculous to rank Belfry ahead of them? I don't think so.

I think all three should be fairly close, with Belfry rated the highest, followed closely by Johnson Central and then Russell.

I respect your view and i don't think it is ridiculous.And Idon't think mine is ridiculous either.Its just my view.:confused:
wooderson Wrote:So exactly how many "contributing" transfers did the Russell program receive this off season? Im not sure how much "a tick ahead of them" is but it may be one of the craziest posts ive read on this site.

Why are you being rude?To the best of my knowledge i have never been rude to you.:confused:

All 3 teams are close so close in fact if you lined all three of them up and threw a rock at 1 you would hit the other 2. The deciding factor is Russell has Ivan McGlone coaching and the other two do not.I know both of the other teams have fine coaches.But there is only 1 Ivan.:thumpsup:
EKUAlum05 Wrote:No hostility, just wanting your perspective.

For example I would counter your reasoning by saying that Russell lost to breathitt at home and the next week Belfry dismantled Breathitt...and Ivan McGlone is offset by Phillip Haywood.

I have confidence that Russell will be a very, very good team this season and will be able to beat ANY 3A team on ANY given night.

I think Breathitt had a lot taken out of them by Russell.And Russell had a lot taken out of them by Mason and probably still should have beaten Breathitt.

Belfry is a fine Football team as well I don't mean to be hating on them at all.Russell is so dominate around here it's just hard to go against them.:thumpsup:
HAIL PIKEVILLE! Wrote:So do you. Look up Sarcasm in the dictionary and tell me what you find. LOL!
Two names for you, Kenneth Massey and Massey Coal, they are not related. Do you think the coal company really ranks football? Put it this way. Did anyone in school have the same name as you? If so, you can be two different persons. Bigger world than you think.
RUSSELL RED DEVILS
EKUAlum05 Wrote:No hostility, just wanting your perspective.

For what it's worth I ran into one of the Russell coaches the other day and we were discussing the whole Russell/Breathitt Belfry/Breathitt game situation.

What I was told was that Breathitts coach was talking to him and told him that the reason they were dismantled by Belfry as bad as they were was due to the fact they were still beat up pretty bad from a physical game with Russell the previous week and the second one just did them in. I was also told the Russell he mentioned that Russell would have been a better match for Belfry due to their very similar styles of play.

Again that is meaningless and just a for what it's worth statement.
Thank you Midee1. It does mean nothing at this time but those real physical games will take it out of a team.
HAIL PIKEVILLE! Wrote:So do you. Look up Sarcasm in the dictionary and tell me what you find. LOL!
LOL, the laughs on me, Thought you were serious.....sorry
RUSSELL RED DEVILS
kybaseball Wrote:I respect your view and i don't think it is ridiculous.And Idon't think mine is ridiculous either.Its just my view.:confused:

I don't understand the :confused: at the end of your post. There's no need to get defensive, I wasn't coming down on you.

You implied that it was ridiculous to have Belfry ranked higher than Russell, and I disagreed. Simple as that.
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
More Cowbell Wrote:I don't understand the :confused: at the end of your post. There's no need to get defensive, I wasn't coming down on you.

You implied that it was ridiculous to have Belfry ranked higher than Russell, and I disagreed. Simple as that.

I misunderstood your post sorry about that.:thumpsup: But it is ridiculous to rank Belfry above Russell.Big Grin
Midee1 Wrote:For what it's worth I ran into one of the Russell coaches the other day and we were discussing the whole Russell/Breathitt Belfry/Breathitt game situation.

What I was told was that Breathitts coach was talking to him and told him that the reason they were dismantled by Belfry as bad as they were was due to the fact they were still beat up pretty bad from a physical game with Russell the previous week and the second one just did them in. I was also told the Russell he mentioned that Russell would have been a better match for Belfry due to their very similar styles of play.

Again that is meaningless and just a for what it's worth statement.

Here's some more meaningless info from someone very close to both games last year. I was fortunate to run into a certain Breathitt Co. coach early this summer while he was out on some "errands" and I asked him about the upcoming season and also about the end of last season and the topic of Belfry/Russell was brought up. He seemed to think that his matchup with Belfry was/would have been the better game opposed to Russell. His belief was that their wasnt any offensive game plan that Russell could have come up with to move the ball on the Belfry defense. He felt that an offense that could pass first and run second had a much better chance of disrupting the scheme of Belfry. Granted the Bobcats did put up 28 points against the Pirates, the most all year, made is analysis hold some water. Not one to bring up old memories but in talking about the blowout he felt that Belfry defense would have held the Red Devils to an almost certain shutout. He stated that somewhere along the years Coach Haywood has went away from the run stopping, big country boy DL and transformed his defenses into more of a sideline to sideline unit and was much impressed. With that being said he was most gracious towards both program, which is always is personality and one that stands him highly amongst the coaching fraternity. Now was he right? Maybe, but like i said it is just another take on a very exciting '07 playoffs.
jgrubby Wrote:Two names for you, Kenneth Massey and Massey Coal, they are not related. Do you think the coal company really ranks football? Put it this way. Did anyone in school have the same name as you? If so, you can be two different persons. Bigger world than you think.
IT WAS A JOKE!!! Im full aware that Massey Coal doesnt put out those ratings. JEEZ! I got 3 words for you: Switch to Decaf! LOL! Thats a joke too in case your wondering.
HAIL PIKEVILLE! Wrote:IT WAS A JOKE!!! Im full aware that Massey Coal doesnt put out those ratings. JEEZ! I got 3 words for you: Switch to Decaf! LOL! Thats a joke too in case your wondering.
It took me a few but I finally got it...LOL Had to ask if you were serious though....as for the coffee, I'll pass, like it strong!!!!:rockon:
RUSSELL RED DEVILS
Why do they have clay co, north laurel ahead of us?
cougarpride08 Wrote:Why do they have clay co, north laurel ahead of us?

I'm just going to go out on a limb and say maybe he thinks there better.
Has anybody ever done a study as to how accurate these types of rankings are?