Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Twilight
Is anyone as excited about this movie as I am?!? I have read the books and am obsessed with this!! I absolutely LOVE it.
One of my friends is totally obsessed with this. She just got through reading breaking dawn and it took her like 4 or 5 days and it was near 800 pages. But she is really looking forward to the movie thats all she talks about.
Same here!
Haven't seen anything on it. Read about it on imdb.com. Seemed kinda weird. Never know though, Ive been surprised before.
I'm pretty excited about the movie. A lot of people who haven't read the books, or even just Twilight itself, may see it as a little weird as Beetle just said. But, I think it is going to be pretty great.

Central Cheer Chick, did you notice in the trailer that Edward's car was not the same one described in the movie or that used to be posted on Meyer's site?

I am curious to see what differences come about.

Without giving too much away, can one of you give me a brief description of what the book is about?

I have heard friends mention it before, but not enough to know if I would like it.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Softly he brushed my cheek, then held my face between his marble hands. 'Be very still,' he whispered, as if I wasn't already frozen. Slowly, never moving his eyes from mine, he leaned toward me. Then abruptly, but very gently, he rested his cold cheek against the hollow at the base of my throat."
As Shakespeare knew, love burns high when thwarted by obstacles. In Twilight, an exquisite fantasy by Stephenie Meyer, readers discover a pair of lovers who are supremely star-crossed. Bella adores beautiful Edward, and he returns her love. But Edward is having a hard time controlling the blood lust she arouses in him, because--he's a vampire. At any moment, the intensity of their passion could drive him to kill her, and he agonizes over the danger. But, Bella would rather be dead than part from Edward, so she risks her life to stay near him, and the novel burns with the erotic tension of their dangerous and necessarily chaste relationship.
Meyer has achieved quite a feat by making this scenario completely human and believable. She begins with a familiar YA premise (the new kid in school), and lulls us into thinking this will be just another realistic young adult novel. Bella has come to the small town of Forks on the gloomy Olympic Peninsula to be with her father. At school, she wonders about a group of five remarkably beautiful teens, who sit together in the cafeteria but never eat. As she grows to know, and then love, Edward, she learns their secret. They are all rescued vampires, part of a family headed by saintly Carlisle, who has inspired them to renounce human prey. For Edward's sake they welcome Bella, but when a roving group of tracker vampires fixates on her, the family is drawn into a desperate pursuit to protect the fragile human in their midst. The precision and delicacy of Meyer's writing lifts this wonderful novel beyond the limitations of the horror genre to a place among the best of YA fiction. (Ages 12 and up) --Patty Campbell

Courtesy of Amazon.com

And second also:

Starred Review. Grade 9 Up–Headstrong, sun-loving, 17-year-old Bella declines her mom's invitation to move to Florida, and instead reluctantly opts to move to her dad's cabin in the dreary, rainy town of Forks, WA. She becomes intrigued with Edward Cullen, a distant, stylish, and disarmingly handsome senior, who is also a vampire. When he reveals that his specific clan hunts wildlife instead of humans, Bella deduces that she is safe from his blood-sucking instincts and therefore free to fall hopelessly in love with him. The feeling is mutual, and the resulting volatile romance smolders as they attempt to hide Edward's identity from her family and the rest of the school. Meyer adds an eerie new twist to the mismatched, star-crossed lovers theme: predator falls for prey, human falls for vampire. This tension strips away any pretense readers may have about the everyday teen romance novel, and kissing, touching, and talking take on an entirely new meaning when one small mistake could be life-threatening. Bella and Edward's struggle to make their relationship work becomes a struggle for survival, especially when vampires from an outside clan infiltrate the Cullen territory and head straight for her. As a result, the novel's danger-factor skyrockets as the excitement of secret love and hushed affection morphs into a terrifying race to stay alive. Realistic, subtle, succinct, and easy to follow, Twilight will have readers dying to sink their teeth into it.–Hillias J. Martin, New York Public Library

I didn't read these to see if they sounded good, but I love the books. I've never been into science fiction, vampires, werewolfs, aliens, ANYTHING of that nature but the books are fantastic reads. A lot of guys read them as well, which most people wouldn't think, so you should def. give them a try CE.

thetribe Wrote:Softly he brushed my cheek, then held my face between his marble hands. 'Be very still,' he whispered, as if I wasn't already frozen. Slowly, never moving his eyes from mine, he leaned toward me. Then abruptly, but very gently, he rested his cold cheek against the hollow at the base of my throat."
As Shakespeare knew, love burns high when thwarted by obstacles. In Twilight, an exquisite fantasy by Stephenie Meyer, readers discover a pair of lovers who are supremely star-crossed. Bella adores beautiful Edward, and he returns her love. But Edward is having a hard time controlling the blood lust she arouses in him, because--he's a vampire. At any moment, the intensity of their passion could drive him to kill her, and he agonizes over the danger. But, Bella would rather be dead than part from Edward, so she risks her life to stay near him, and the novel burns with the erotic tension of their dangerous and necessarily chaste relationship.
Meyer has achieved quite a feat by making this scenario completely human and believable. She begins with a familiar YA premise (the new kid in school), and lulls us into thinking this will be just another realistic young adult novel. Bella has come to the small town of Forks on the gloomy Olympic Peninsula to be with her father. At school, she wonders about a group of five remarkably beautiful teens, who sit together in the cafeteria but never eat. As she grows to know, and then love, Edward, she learns their secret. They are all rescued vampires, part of a family headed by saintly Carlisle, who has inspired them to renounce human prey. For Edward's sake they welcome Bella, but when a roving group of tracker vampires fixates on her, the family is drawn into a desperate pursuit to protect the fragile human in their midst. The precision and delicacy of Meyer's writing lifts this wonderful novel beyond the limitations of the horror genre to a place among the best of YA fiction. (Ages 12 and up) --Patty Campbell

Courtesy of Amazon.com

And second also:

Starred Review. Grade 9 Up–Headstrong, sun-loving, 17-year-old Bella declines her mom's invitation to move to Florida, and instead reluctantly opts to move to her dad's cabin in the dreary, rainy town of Forks, WA. She becomes intrigued with Edward Cullen, a distant, stylish, and disarmingly handsome senior, who is also a vampire. When he reveals that his specific clan hunts wildlife instead of humans, Bella deduces that she is safe from his blood-sucking instincts and therefore free to fall hopelessly in love with him. The feeling is mutual, and the resulting volatile romance smolders as they attempt to hide Edward's identity from her family and the rest of the school. Meyer adds an eerie new twist to the mismatched, star-crossed lovers theme: predator falls for prey, human falls for vampire. This tension strips away any pretense readers may have about the everyday teen romance novel, and kissing, touching, and talking take on an entirely new meaning when one small mistake could be life-threatening. Bella and Edward's struggle to make their relationship work becomes a struggle for survival, especially when vampires from an outside clan infiltrate the Cullen territory and head straight for her. As a result, the novel's danger-factor skyrockets as the excitement of secret love and hushed affection morphs into a terrifying race to stay alive. Realistic, subtle, succinct, and easy to follow, Twilight will have readers dying to sink their teeth into it.–Hillias J. Martin, New York Public Library

I didn't read these to see if they sounded good, but I love the books. I've never been into science fiction, vampires, werewolfs, aliens, ANYTHING of that nature but the books are fantastic reads. A lot of guys read them as well, which most people wouldn't think, so you should def. give them a try CE.

You lost me there.
thetribe Wrote:I'm pretty excited about the movie. A lot of people who haven't read the books, or even just Twilight itself, may see it as a little weird as Beetle just said. But, I think it is going to be pretty great.

Central Cheer Chick, did you notice in the trailer that Edward's car was not the same one described in the movie or that used to be posted on Meyer's site?

I am curious to see what differences come about.

Yeah I did notice that. And I don't remember anything about them in trees either. I know the movie will never be as good as the book, but I just hope it does it justice.
ComfortEagle Wrote:Without giving too much away, can one of you give me a brief description of what the book is about?

I have heard friends mention it before, but not enough to know if I would like it.

Its something of a modern day vampire romance. I've talked to both teens and adults who like it. Don't base the worth of a book on the movie though; rarely are they even close. It just gives you faces to go with the names, and sometimes it completely ruins the image you have gotten from reading the book.
Forrest Gump movie was a million times better than the book. Surprising.

thetribe Wrote:Forrest Gump movie was a million times better than the book. Surprising.

Can't argue with you on that one - didn't read the book; wasn't aware there was one. The movie was ok. The best thing about it was the music.
Never heard of it...
I don't know much about it, but it seemed like everyone at my school read that book last year.
BballFan63 Wrote:Can't argue with you on that one - didn't read the book; wasn't aware there was one. The movie was ok. The best thing about it was the music.

Not to derail the topic, but yes, there is a book. Two of them actually. Forrest Gump and one called Gump & Co. I LOVE the movie, hated the book.

Point being here is that usually the movies aren't as good as the books. In this case it was the opposite. I am hoping that the Twilight movie can be just as good as the book, if not better, but keep true to the book nevertheless. That's important to me.

thetribe Wrote:Not to derail the topic, but yes, there is a book. Two of them actually. Forrest Gump and one called Gump & Co. I LOVE the movie, hated the book.

Point being here is that usually the movies aren't as good as the books. In this case it was the opposite. I am hoping that the Twilight movie can be just as good as the book, if not better, but keep true to the book nevertheless. That's important to me.

Well, I guess it's true that you do learn something new every day. I didn't realize there was one book - let alone two, and I read a lot. I'm not a great fan of the movie, but it's alright. But, I somehow get the feeling that we both see the value of reading. Thanks for the information by the way.
The release date was changed from December 12 to November 21.

YES!!!! So So excited!
did anyone see the new tralier for twilight??

they've changed it a lot it seems. I wonder if it will still be as great as the books?? I hope soo.
I saw it a few days ago and I really don't think that any trailer released has made it look like it will be as good as the book. Even the cars were changed in the trailers and I'm kind of beginning to question what the storyline itself will even be. Glad they changed the release date though. It's only like 38 or so more days until it comes out.

Oh I know! I really think that the cast could be A WHOLE
LOT better. They don't show any emotions at all. Bella is always an emotional train-wreck. I'm having doubts but I'll try to be optimistic about it.

I bet after Stephanie Meyer sees all the $$ she makes off the movie she'll write another book. Its probably just a publicity stunt: cancelling the release of the next book and then moving up the movie release date. At least I hope so
well, i thought that they could have got a better edward. but robert pattinson is growing on me. lol
but i saw that bella figures out edward is a vampire and tells him in the woods.
that's not where it is in the book. ohh well.
im with you central_cheer_chick, im going to try and be optimistic about it.
As soon as the cast was released I was disappointed. I have better characters in my head looks wise and I think that they would actually be better at playing the part as well.

Nothing is going to be exact to the book. None of the Harry Potter movies were.

I just hope that Stephenie Meyer is involved in the process and makes sure the movies are as true to the book as they can be. A lot of authors, to me, feel like they really don't care as long as they are getting paid they really don't care about being involved.

I have an awesome soundtrack in my head for this movie as well but I guarantee you that two songs that would fit perfectly won't be included. I did hear however that Paramore was writing a song specifically for the movie.

That will be interesting. Smile
thetribe Wrote:As soon as the cast was released I was disappointed. I have better characters in my head looks wise and I think that they would actually be better at playing the part as well.

Nothing is going to be exact to the book. None of the Harry Potter movies were.

I just hope that Stephenie Meyer is involved in the process and makes sure the movies are as true to the book as they can be. A lot of authors, to me, feel like they really don't care as long as they are getting paid they really don't care about being involved.

I have an awesome soundtrack in my head for this movie as well but I guarantee you that two songs that would fit perfectly won't be included. I did hear however that Paramore was writing a song specifically for the movie.

i agree.

the song is called
Decode.
It is really good, but it seems to fit new moon better, imo.
Yea I heard it when it came out. I still think that I personally know at LEAST two songs that would fit Twilight perfectly.

I just saw the final theatrical trailer and it was pretty good. Way better than the others
You really think so?

That's the one that I thought has been the worst out of all of them....?

i thought that it was ok. but i guess we'll just have to wait and see.lol
Are movie theaters going to do like midnight releases for it? Anyone know?