Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Paintsville Football Practice
How has everything being going with Jason Kinner under the reins?
so are they going to have a team?
why wouldn't they??
Tigers have better numbers than in past years, but I don't think the talent level is near as good. Should be interesting to see how they do this year. It doesn't help to have a three tough games against bigger schools!
EKY Sportster Wrote:Tigers have better numbers than in past years, but I don't think the talent level is near as good. Should be interesting to see how they do this year. It doesn't help to have a three tough games against bigger schools!

Where are the new numbers coming from Freshman? or upper classman that were not playing before?
The numbers are up. The interest is up. It's an exciting time to be a part of rebuilding a proud program. Coach Kinner is a breath of fresh air and I look forward to watching the team play and improve. He understands that we expect success... and sometimes success is found in many forms... he also knows we support him & the team.
I would also hope that posting members would enjoy and appreciate the efforts of all players & teams this season ... remembering in their posts that these fine young men have worked very hard and read the threads themselves. Good Luck to all of them and may God keep them safe and injury free!
I think Paintsville had around 35 kids for picture day which is an improvement. Corey Adams has decided to play football this year. Someone earlier stated that Paintsville's talent is down and I have to disagree. At the skill positions Paintsville is very deep and experienced. Nehemiah Doderer, Andy Penix,Tyler Deaton, Dyllon Brown, Pat Butcher, Cody Renolds, Jake Cyrus, and newcomer Berry Ward all have experience.
The schedule is going to let the Tigers know where they stand that is for sure. With non-district oppenents like JCHS, Raceland, Martin County, and of course district rival Pikeville, this regular season should have the Tigers ready for the playoffs.
FYI- Deaton is going to be the QB and Adams is going to be a WR/DB.
That Berry Ward---is that BJ Ward's boy? I know he has a boy or two---I also think the B in BJ is for Berry.
transplanttiger Wrote:That Berry Ward---is that BJ Ward's boy? I know he has a boy or two---I also think the B in BJ is for Berry.

yeah, it's his son.
i dont know how the rest of paintsville's team looks but the qb looks like a good athlete.