Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Class A Sleepers
Does anyone think there will be any sleeper teams in Class A this year such as pineville,clinton county, or any others? I believe that Williamsburg will be a good sleeper team who can beat just about any body. I am not sure on who returns for them but i dont believe they lost that many seniors.
Raceland will go far this year, sleeper or not.. if you dont watch them they will surprise you.
Romans 14:11
It is written: " 'As surely as I live,' says the Lord, 'every knee will bow before me; every tongue will confess to God.' "
Raceland is a top team that shouldn't of lost to LCA last year. So i really do not consider them a sleeper.
Pikeville shouldnt of lost to LCA either...tehy outgained them in yeards like 400 to 350 or somthin, but 6 turnovers and like 3 were inside the 10 and 2 on the goaline
i agree 110%. Pikeville should not of lost to LCA.
Pikeville is the sleeper team this year. We lost a big senior class plus the coach but weve got a bunch of kids returning who have saw serious varsity time due to injuries last year. Harmon is gettin alot of attention and he deserves all of it and more. Hes probably one of the most down to earth kids Ive ever met and hes a true leader. Thats something that Ive said on here many times that IMO has been the missing link for us since John Michael Mayo and Ryan Shurtleff graduated 2 years ago. Coach Copley has this community excited about football again and IMO were gonna have alot of reasons to celebrate this year.
HAIL PIKEVILLE! Wrote:Pikeville is the sleeper team this year. We lost a big senior class plus the coach but weve got a bunch of kids returning who have saw serious varsity time due to injuries last year. Harmon is gettin alot of attention and he deserves all of it and more. Hes probably one of the most down to earth kids Ive ever met and hes a true leader. Thats something that Ive said on here many times that IMO has been the missing link for us since John Michael Mayo and Ryan Shurtleff graduated 2 years ago. Coach Copley has this community excited about football again and IMO were gonna have alot of reasons to celebrate this year.

What did you think about Holy Cross last year vs. Pikeville? Did you get to see the game? We open up with them this year. Just wondering.
doj23 Wrote:What did you think about Holy Cross last year vs. Pikeville? Did you get to see the game? We open up with them this year. Just wondering.
Off Topic, but Belfry will have NO problem with them.
Panther Thunder Wrote:Off Topic, but Belfry will have NO problem with them.

Well, I should have asked what about Holy Cross in Class 1A to stay on topic. I was just wondering if they had any players that stood out in that game and to stay on topic if they will be competitive this year. Thanks.
doj23 Wrote:Well, I should have asked what about Holy Cross in Class 1A to stay on topic. I was just wondering if they had any players that stood out in that game and to stay on topic if they will be competitive this year. Thanks.
The two I saw stand out were the QB, i believe his name was Nuaert (sp) and a WR, I think he was Hazelwood.
Pikeville
I really don't believe pikeville is a sleeper team as well due to all the tradition at the school. Everyone knows it shocking for them to have a bad year. I really think they will turn some heads this year even though many people thinks it will be a down year.
bac2369 Wrote:I really don't believe pikeville is a sleeper team as well due to all the tradition at the school. Everyone knows it shocking for them to have a bad year. I really think they will turn some heads this year even though many people thinks it will be a down year.

I agree. Pikeville or Belfry will never be considered sleepers.
yeah harmon is good i hope they do well this year
doj23 Wrote:What did you think about Holy Cross last year vs. Pikeville? Did you get to see the game? We open up with them this year. Just wondering.
Yeah I watched the game. You guys shouldnt have any problems with them IMO. They do have talent but as of last year it was kindve raw and undiciplined. Im not sure what they lost in graduation either.
On a statewide level Pikeville and Raceland are huge sleepers, while they are mainstream in the east, to louisville and lexington schools they are not major concerns...i truly believe that either one of these teams could make HUGE playoff pushes...

HAZARD WILL BE IN THE STATE TITLE GAME THIS YEAR
Hazard has a really great shot, they have a great home grown senior class and they are very experinced...should be pikeville vs. hazard in the regional final, and we all know there is some bad blood there haha.
Raceland is not a sleeper. This team could go all the way.
raceland could very well be the team to knock LCA off. I believe a Williamsburg team if I'm not mistaken they return some talent from last season. So hopefully someone can fill me and many more in on there team?
Does anyone know anything about Dayton, Trimble County and Gallatin County?
I think Leslie County will be the sleeper this year. They return a good QB in Jimmy Joe Morgan and 2 good wide recivers in Ashton Lewis and Cody Hensley. They return almost all there defense.
lcballer Wrote:I think Leslie County will be the sleeper this year. They return a good QB in Jimmy Joe Morgan and 2 good wide recivers in Ashton Lewis and Cody Hensley. They return almost all there defense.

Isn't Leslie County in Class AA?