Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Winston Bennett(Mid-Continent Univ) recruits Blake Bundy!!!
Winston Bennett former UK basketball player/assistant coach and former NBA basketball player/ assistant coach is now the head coach for Mid-Continent University in Mayfield, Ky has offered Paintsville's PG Blake Bundy a schlorship to play for the Cougar program.
I was told by a local sports writer that Coach Bennett will be at Paintsville High School next Monday to officially sign Blake Bundy.

Congratulations Blake!!!!!! :thumpsup:
Congrats Blake, I wonder how his street ball style will transition over to the next level.
where is this college at?
Congrats Blake.
Raider_Nation09 Wrote:where is this college at?

Mayfield, Ky

They compete in the TranSouth conference in the NAIA.
Congratulations Blake!!! I like that Coach Bennett is looking at our Eastern Kentucky boys. Blake will fit in good with Coach Bennetts fast pace, run and pass style of basketball. I wil be keeping up with this. Good Luck Blake.
Congrats Blake
Congratulations Blake, well deserved! Hope he does great things for Coach Bennett.
Congratulations Blake!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! To Look At What This Young Man Has Overcame, And Now He Is Getting A College Scholarship To Play Basketball Is Just Phenominal Imo. Great Job
Congrats to Blake!!!!!!!!!!! I talked to him about this and he is excited to get back into the gym. He said Coach Bennett has them getting up at 4:30 am and running at 5 am. I know Blake will do well, he has always been a very dedicated basketball player and a even better kid. Blake, youve got the whole town behind you!
I have watched this young man play his heart out this year !! ALWAYS THE TEAM PLAYER !!! I don't think that Coach Winston Bennett will regret his decision to recruit Blake to his Cougar team !! Best of luck Blake !!!

I'LL BE WATCHING !! SHOW THEM WHAT AN EASTERN KENTUCKY BOY CAN DO !!
CONGRATS !!!
Congrats and good luck.
There was a real nice article in Fridays news paper announcing this signing. I think I will take a late lunch to attend. Being able to play for Winston Bennett is an HONOR, I guess this is a dream come true for any young man. BEST OF LUCK TO BLAKE...
Blake,
Congratulations, I've seen the atheletic abilility you have since grade school but thought you would never harness it. You finally proved me wrong. Not everyone can sacrifice for the benefit of the team which makes every player better, but you and Landon did. You can play on thr next level, Keep Working.
Congrats to Bundy. He is a very talented player who could excel at the next level.
I saw the signing ceremony on WYMT and was really impressed with the interview given by Coach Bennett. He said this area was rich with talent and would start looking more in this area to give more opportunities to our Kentucky mountain boys. I am happy for Blake and Im sure he will make this area proud.
In today's Big Sandy News was a great article about Coach Bennett signing the famous former Tiger Blake Bundy to quote the article ... I love to watch this kid play ball ... it's electric.. I'll be keeping my eye on you Blake, and I know I won't be disappointed ... Have a GREAT season !!!

Congrats again !!

For anyone who has not read the article, you need to, it was an awesome piece of journalism !
Congrats Blake!! You deserve this as much as anyone! You have a lot of talent, but more important, you know your role and you don't play beyond your role and that is what makes a player great and a team great. You have developed more maturity and control over the past 2 seasons and this is the reward. You played team ball this past season, taking opportunities when given and passing off to the open man when the opps weren't there. Congrats and good luck. I'm sure that Coach Bennett will not regret this scholarship offer.
Congrats Blake another EKY player signs to play at the next level.
Congrats to him, when he get more mature and plays the game without going out of his way to be fancy he could develop into a great College point guard. I think MCU was a great choice for him. Somewhere where he can't be the star but also small enough to wher he can earn some minutes. This paintsville team achieved a lot and Bundy had alot to do with that.

From the Starting lineup last season these guys have moved on to college:

Basketball.....Looks like the trip to Rupp opened some doors
Landon Slone-UK(NCAA DI)
Blake Bundy-Mid Continent(NAIA DII)

Baseball
Shane Grimm-Walters State??(JUCO)...will he suit up with the basketball team?? He's good enough to play at alot of schools, but being undersized I guess baseball will give him a better shot in the future.

Football
JD Vanhoose-Georgetown(NAIA)

Justin Murray-Could have played somewhere small like Transylvania, or Kentucky Christian. He was head and shoulders better than Crum from AC and he's paying his way to Transy. Is Justin going to school anywhere.??
Yeah youre right, Crum only had 28 against paintsville with murray guarding him..