Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shelby Valley '09
They got wore out by KCC .
PC_You_Know Wrote:I'm guessing you're against Euton and Jackson and Scott County too aren't you?

I'm against anybody who tries to cheat the system, bend the rules, and lies about it. I don't know the Scott Co. situation other than what I have read. I do have first-hand knowledge about this situation though. The KHSAA is inconsistent in that they investigate some situations more thoroughly than others. Sometimes they REALLY INVESTIGATE, sometimes they take the word of "good ole boys", particularly in Pike County..............and yes, WE ALL KNOW WHO THE GOOD OLE BOYS ARE!
ukbadmammajamma Wrote:I'm against anybody who tries to cheat the system, bend the rules, and lies about it. I don't know the Scott Co. situation other than what I have read. I do have first-hand knowledge about this situation though. The KHSAA is inconsistent in that they investigate some situations more thoroughly than others. Sometimes they REALLY INVESTIGATE, sometimes they take the word of "good ole boys", particularly in Pike County..............and yes, WE ALL KNOW WHO THE GOOD OLE BOYS ARE!

Either you're kid had this happen to them and they were denied or you are one selfish person for wanting to block someones athletic future.
PC_You_Know Wrote:Either you're kid had this happen to them and they were denied or you are one selfish person for wanting to block someones athletic future.

Silly me, I just think the rules should be the same and apply to EVERYONE. I also think teaching kids to lie and cheat is bad. I could be wrong LOL!
ukbadmammajamma Wrote:Silly me, I just think the rules should be the same and apply to EVERYONE. I also think teaching kids to lie and cheat is bad. I could be worng LOL!

I agree, if the rules are there then they should apply to all. That must have been the fastest built home ever. I do know you can not move just for basketball without sitting out a year. Maybe he is moving for academic reasons???
BlueSky Wrote:I agree, if the rules are there then they should apply to all. That must have been the fastest built home ever. I do know you can not move just for basketball without sitting out a year. Maybe he is moving for academic reasons???
Phelps had the best CATS scores 2005-07 in the Pike Co system. Very similar to Pikeville's and better than Sv.
PC_You_Know Wrote:So that's your problem, you are affiliated with Pikeville and are mad that Devan is going elsewhere.

You don't have to be affiliated with Pikeville to know what the score is--at least the academic score. Sorry PC, your true colors are showing. I just keep reminding people that less than 6 weeks ago, Adams father said he wasn't going anywhere, he just liked to play with the Valley guys. That was a joke and this whole situation is sad. Just my 2 pennies.
My true colors aren't showing. I just hate how a person can go to whatever HS they want out of middle school but if someone wants to switch high schools it's some big freakin deal. It's NOT YOUR KID, so get over it. Quit worrying about where he wants to go, quit trying to relive high school through your kid, and quit whining because Valley might be better this year with Adams and your kid's school will have a harder time trying to beat them.
PC_You_Know Wrote:So that's your problem, you are affiliated with Pikeville and are mad that Devan is going elsewhere.

I am not mad. I just know the rules and know he should not be eligible if they are followed. I could care less. I care more about all of the kids who have had to sit out whose moves have been way more legitimate than this particular case. Also, you are crazy if you think Pikeville people are the only people following this closely. As loaded as SV was going to be w/o Adams, I can't imagine any other school approving and looking forward to him getting eligible possibly. I'd say the KHSAA has recieved NUMEROUS complaints from schools other than Pikeville. All they have to do at Pikeville is tell the truth on the transfer form as to whether or not this move was a "bona fide" change of residence, which I know for a FACT it is not.
From what I am hearing I guess all that matters here is a ball. What is right or what is wrong does not matter.... I can not tell nor can many other people that live in the 15th region recall 5 out the last 10 regional winners. And most of these athletics have moved on to more serious lives. Our greatest concern here should be what is best for all schools and their athletics now and in the future....Everybody must abide by the rules.
Let us all agree on one thing that is certain, if the move was for athletics solely, no one would say that. Just throwing that out there.
Panther Thunder Wrote:Let us all agree on one thing that is certain, if the move was for athletics solely, no one would say that. Just throwing that out there.

Yes I would agree you are right.........
IMO, it is their's to loose.
Here we go again. Everyone knowing everything. Lets try to sort this out a little.

BlueSky Wrote:I agree, if the rules are there then they should apply to all. That must have been the fastest built home ever. I do know you can not move just for basketball without sitting out a year. Maybe he is moving for academic reasons???

It isnt built yet. It wont be built, it is a double wide. They bring it up and put it together and then you move in. It is a week or so process once all the paperwork is completed.

UKRULES Wrote:You don't have to be affiliated with Pikeville to know what the score is--at least the academic score. Sorry PC, your true colors are showing. I just keep reminding people that less than 6 weeks ago, Adams father said he wasn't going anywhere, he just liked to play with the Valley guys. That was a joke and this whole situation is sad. Just my 2 pennies.

6 weeks ago, he wasnt going anywhere. The whole world can change in 6 weeks. Why cant one families lives change in the same amount of time? There are many different things that can change in someones lives in less time than that.

ukbadmammajamma Wrote:I am not mad. I just know the rules and know he should not be eligible if they are followed. I could care less. I care more about all of the kids who have had to sit out whose moves have been way more legitimate than this particular case. Also, you are crazy if you think Pikeville people are the only people following this closely. As loaded as SV was going to be w/o Adams, I can't imagine any other school approving and looking forward to him getting eligible possibly. I'd say the KHSAA has recieved NUMEROUS complaints from schools other than Pikeville. All they have to do at Pikeville is tell the truth on the transfer form as to whether or not this move was a "bona fide" change of residence, which I know for a FACT it is not.

Because you know the reasons for the move, why dont you tell them to me why we did what we did? As far as teh NUMEROUS complaints they may have received, I bet the ones doing the complaining know even less about it than you do. as for the bona fide change of residence, can you tell me where me and my family live at now? Or better yet, where we live at for the past 3 weeks? If you cant tell me, or you dont know, then I guess you dont really know as much as you say or try to pretend that you do.

Now, I know what the KHSAA rules are on transfers. I also know that sometimes they are bent, while other times they are followed 100% and a boy isnt eligible anyways. I know why the move was made. His mom does, and he does. No one else does. A lot on here say they know, but they dont. Will he be able to play next year? No one knows. It doesnt matter if he does or not, the move would have been made anyways. He knows the reasons. He also knew before the move he might not be able to play this coming season. But for the reasons he is ok with that.
It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It is the size of the fight in the dog.
ukbadmammajamma Wrote:All they have to do at Pikeville is tell the truth on the transfer form as to whether or not this move was a "bona fide" change of residence, which I know for a FACT it is not.
I'm not sure this site nor any of it's members have the authority or ability to decide what is or what is not a bona fide change of residence.
Therefore, all of the Adams eligibility posts need to STOP NOW.
This thread is too off topic.

Get back on topic of SV '09 or it is closed.

I know Adams being part of that team is part of the story but it is NOT the Entire story....This thread has become BGR pass judgment on Adams eligibility and that has no place here.
BasketBallonlyfan Wrote:Here we go again. Everyone knowing everything. Lets try to sort this out a little.

Because you know the reasons for the move, why dont you tell them to me why we did what we did? As far as teh NUMEROUS complaints they may have received, I bet the ones doing the complaining know even less about it than you do. as for the bona fide change of residence, can you tell me where me and my family live at now? Or better yet, where we live at for the past 3 weeks? If you cant tell me, or you dont know, then I guess you dont really know as much as you say or try to pretend that you do.

Now, I know what the KHSAA rules are on transfers. I also know that sometimes they are bent, while other times they are followed 100% and a boy isnt eligible anyways. I know why the move was made. His mom does, and he does. No one else does. A lot on here say they know, but they dont. Will he be able to play next year? No one knows. It doesnt matter if he does or not, the move would have been made anyways. He knows the reasons. He also knew before the move he might not be able to play this coming season. But for the reasons he is ok with that.

As for getting back on thread, I am there, who cares anyway. SV would have been great next season and SHOULD ROLL through the region whether Devin is eligible or not. With him eligible, they could be unreal. Good luck and PEACE OUT on this one!Big Grin
I think alot of people are underestimating the loss of Jacob Bryant. Shelby Valley's offense ran through Jacob Bryant most of the time, and most definitely when they were in need of a basket. This team has leaned on him for some time and it may take a while to adjust and for players to step up. Shelby Valley has some questions with outside shooting and the health of Taylor Newsome. I don't think it is a given that this team will roll through the 15th...
The King Wrote:I think alot of people are underestimating the loss of Jacob Bryant. Shelby Valley's offense ran through Jacob Bryant most of the time, and most definitely when they were in need of a basket. This team has leaned on him for some time and it may take a while to adjust and for players to step up. Shelby Valley has some questions with outside shooting and the health of Taylor Newsome. I don't think it is a given that this team will roll through the 15th...

I definitely agree! Bryant will be missed tremendously
What I know from watching them.........Their defense is basically smack whelts onto the opposing team in an attempt to get turnovers and lay-ups. They lack consistent outside shooting and interior defense. Yet some are already labeling them legitimate threats on the state level. I guess what this means is, most of the SV fans need to leave Pike County from time to time and watch some high school basketball outside of the 15th region.
letthebighogroot Wrote:What I know from watching them.........Their defense is basically smack whelts onto the opposing team in an attempt to get turnovers and lay-ups. They lack consistent outside shooting and interior defense. Yet some are already labeling them legitimate threats on the state level. I guess what this means is, most of the SV fans need to leave Pike County from time to time and watch some high school basketball outside of the 15th region.

That's ridiculous. If that's what you learned about SV from watching them play, then you were apparently viewing them with a large, anti-Valley chip on your shoulder.

I assure you, most Shelby Valley fans are well aware of the high level of competition played outside the 15th region. Considering the tournaments SV played in last season (and performed very well at, I might add), so do the Wildcat coaches.
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
More Cowbell Wrote:That's ridiculous. If that's what you learned about SV from watching them play, then you were apparently viewing them with a large, anti-Valley chip on your shoulder.

I assure you, most Shelby Valley fans are well aware of the high level of competition played outside the 15th region. Considering the tournaments SV played in last season (and performed very well at, I might add), so do the Wildcat coaches.

I don't have an anti-SV chip. I could care less about the 15th Region or who wins it. I simply stated what I seen. I guess when you watch them while drinking from that big glass of SV kool-aid you simply see tremendous hand speed by every Valley player. I just think it's quite funny actually what some of their fans get on here and post. As for their performances in tournaments last year.........Maybe they can win one this season.
letthebighogroot Wrote:I don't have an anti-SV chip. I could care less about the 15th Region or who wins it. I simply stated what I seen. I guess when you watch them while drinking from that big glass of SV kool-aid you simply see tremendous hand speed by every Valley player. I just think it's quite funny actually what some of their fans get on here and post. As for their performances in tournaments last year.........Maybe they can win one this season.

You are the biggest Valley hater on this site. Valley lost to one of the top teams in the nation last year by 30 points, I think that says something when that teams best player was a 6-5 guard and Valley's biggest man in a 6-5 center. Quit drinking your haterade. I'm from Valley and I know how good the competition is. I know how good Lex. Catholic, Mason County, Scott county are. I lived in Ohio for a long time, and I'll go ahead and tell you basketball is a lot better up there, so I know how good competition is, so quit getting on here acting like you'll tell everyone how bad Valley is. None of us are saying "Valley state champs 2009", we know better than that, but we all do feel that they go to state and make some noise.
PC_You_Know Wrote:You are the biggest Valley hater on this site. Valley lost to one of the top teams in the nation last year by 30 points, I think that says something when that teams best player was a 6-5 guard and Valley's biggest man in a 6-5 center. Quit drinking your haterade. I'm from Valley and I know how good the competition is. I know how good Lex. Catholic, Mason County, Scott county are. I lived in Ohio for a long time, and I'll go ahead and tell you basketball is a lot better up there, so I know how good competition is, so quit getting on here acting like you'll tell everyone how bad Valley is. None of us are saying "Valley state champs 2009", we know better than that, but we all do feel that they go to state and make some noise.

I state my opinion, if it is different from yours and you chose to think I'm hating on Valley, no big deal. I don't think I have ever said they were bad, overhyped on here yeah.......As for you telling me what i can/can't say on here............Not so much. As long as I am within the rules, your opinion of what I say and of me is just that... your opinion.
15th Region Champs is a given. I mean no one in the region can even come close to Valley this year and anyone who says they will be beat is crazy. I see them going to the final four at Rupp.
letthebighogroot Wrote:What I know from watching them.........Their defense is basically smack whelts onto the opposing team in an attempt to get turnovers and lay-ups. They lack consistent outside shooting and interior defense. Yet some are already labeling them legitimate threats on the state level. I guess what this means is, most of the SV fans need to leave Pike County from time to time and watch some high school basketball outside of the 15th region.

I am not a SV fan. Far from it, but dude give them credit. They are going to have a sweet team this year and should go undefeated in the region, and should make some good noise down at state. Look all around the state, no one can guard Elisha Justice, and the addition of Adams will make them a more complete team. Not only will they rely on speed but now they have the outside and inside game. The only real problem I see with SV is the attitude of Logan Bryant, and hopefully he will be mature enough to control it in a big game situation.
crazyfan4 Wrote:I am not a SV fan. Far from it, but dude give them credit. They are going to have a sweet team this year and should go undefeated in the region, and should make some good noise down at state. Look all around the state, no one can guard Elisha Justice, and the addition of Adams will make them a more complete team. Not only will they rely on speed but now they have the outside and inside game. The only real problem I see with SV is the attitude of Logan Bryant, and hopefully he will be mature enough to control it in a big game situation.

If he can't control it, I'm sure others are ready and willing to step right in, Cody Varney and Tyler Newsome will provide great play off the bench this year.
letthebighogroot Wrote:I don't have an anti-SV chip. I could care less about the 15th Region or who wins it. I simply stated what I seen. I guess when you watch them while drinking from that big glass of SV kool-aid you simply see tremendous hand speed by every Valley player. I just think it's quite funny actually what some of their fans get on here and post. As for their performances in tournaments last year.........Maybe they can win one this season.

Not hardly. To say I drink from SV "kool-aid" couldn't be farther from the truth. Check my past posts, I have always been objective when assessing Valley's strengths and weaknesses. Yes, that's right, I admit they have faults. Their overall size is lacking, and they are still prone to shooting too many three's. But one thing they do is play well together, both on offense and defense. And yes, most of them do have quick hands.

And please don't tell me you are trying to base your criticisms on the fact that they didn't win either of the two big tournaments they played in last year. You're right, how dare they not beat a nationally top-5 ranked team (Holy Cross) in that New York tourney (where they only finished third out of eight, how embarassing). And shame on them for not beating Jeffersontown (on J-town's own court) in that Louisville tourney, having to settle for runner-up. Valley must really be terrible.
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
PC_You_Know Wrote:If he can't control it, I'm sure others are ready and willing to step right in, Cody Varney and Tyler Newsome will provide great play off the bench this year.
Yes, but it may come in a situation when it is too late. So, he better mature quickly, Negative attitudes can spread like wildfire.
Panther Thunder Wrote:Yes, but it may come in a situation when it is too late. So, he better mature quickly, Negative attitudes can spread like wildfire.

No one else on this team has ever gotten an attitude toward someone during a ball game so what are you talking about?