Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shelby Valley '09
Well since we all just seen that it has been confirmed Deven Adams will be attending Shelby Valley, how does everyone think they will do this season. I see them making some noise at Rupp. Valley will return Elisha Justice, Ashley Hatfield, Logan Bryant, Kurby Tackett, Tyler Newsome, Taylor Newsome, Cody Varney, and of course, new addition Deven Adams.
This would be among the all-time biggest disappointments if this team doesn't win the 15th.

The only problem will be if they can find enough basketballs in Virgie and Dorton.
FullCount Wrote:This would be among the all-time biggest disappointments if this team doesn't win the 15th.

The only problem will be if they can find enough basketballs in Virgie and Dorton.
I take it you have not seen them play any summer ball. Go watch them at the Pikeville College team camp and see if you think there wont be enough balls to go around the team. They are not a team of ball hogs, they pass it very well and very often. It can even be said that sometimes they make to many passes in every game.
It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It is the size of the fight in the dog.
BasketBallonlyfan Wrote:I take it you have not seen them play any summer ball. Go watch them at the Pikeville College team camp and see if you think there wont be enough balls to go around the team. They are not a team of ball hogs, they pass it very well and very often. It can even be said that sometimes they make to many passes in every game.

Very true, last year there were sometimes I wanted Elisha to not pass the ball so much and to take more shots, but that's just the type he is, more Jason Kidd like than anything. Actually, the more I think about it, he is the Jason Kidd type, he plays good defense, looks to pass first, and gets in there for the rebounds.
They should go a long way with that team , maybe state champs?.
This could be an extremely good team. They will definitely miss Jacob Bryant. He hit many baskets when they were needed in the past few years. Also the older Justice will be missed. He was a major force off the bench and when he started.

This team will be defined by how the return of Taylor Newsome from his injury, how well Kirby Tackett plays and how well Devan Adams fits in. If these three pieces work out...the sky could be the limit...
I guess if they don' win state, they just might as well quit basketball, but then again I believe I heard the same thing coming that part of eastern ky last year. There are some other good teams west of Shelby Valley who have for many years proved themselves........
Maybe they could pull a JBS of 08' and have all the potential in the world, but lose in district, man what a shame!
BlueSky Wrote:I guess if they don' win state, they just might as well quit basketball, but then again I believe I heard the same thing coming that part of eastern ky last year. There are some other good teams west of Shelby Valley who have for many years proved themselves........

No one is saying that they are going to win state, not even the Shelby Valley people. But Valley does have a team capable of doing what Paintsville did last year (win a game at Rupp), and possibly even more.
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This team is at least 10-15 points better than every other team in the region, they play some of the best defense that I've ever seen, they have a true leader at point in Elisha Justice, and with the addition of Devan Adams, this team cause some major damage if they get to RUPP.

Best of luck to the Wildcats!
Wow!! They will own the 15th region for a while, probably pre-season top 10 in the state if not top 5.
With the material they have, and they do not finish in the final 4 of the state, then they will have had a bad year. Pretty much a case of just turn the horses loose. Just be a little more humble, and try to understand there are other fairly good teams in the mountains..........
Elisha Justice
Logan Bryant
Taylor Newsome
Ashley Hatfield
Devan Adams

COMPLETE 15TH REGION OWNAGE
If...Then Wrote:Elisha Justice
Logan Bryant
Taylor Newsome
Ashley Hatfield
Devan Adams

COMPLETE 15TH REGION OWNAGE

Are all 5 of these boys Seniors this season?
100%SUCCESS Wrote:Are all 5 of these boys Seniors this season?

Only Logan Bryant and Deven Adams will be seniors. The other 3 listed will all be sophomores.
PC_You_Know Wrote:Only Logan Bryant and Deven Adams will be seniors. The other 3 listed will all be sophomores.

sophomores...???
I thought Newsome, Justice, and Hatfield were going to be juniors? Justice won the 15th Region MVP as a freshman, and that was just 2 years ago. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong. Either way, the Shelby Valley program has a BRIGHT future ahead of them, not only next season, but for seasons to come.
they have a GOOD chance of not getting a big L in the 15th all year they should be beter than anyone in eastern KY IMO
For the first time in a while Shelby Valley's team will consist primarily of upperclassmen. These are the players that I expect to see significant playing time...

Seniors
Curby Tackett
Logan Bryant
Devan Adams

Juniors
Taylor Newsome
Ashley Hatfield
Elisha Justice
Cody Varney
Tyler Newsome
By bad, I meant they were sophomores this past season, my bad.
they will be very good but will there fastbreak D be there because it seems like it takes adam a little while to get up the floor do u think faster teams will give them problems because it could be alot of 5 on 4 macth ups and the better teams will take full advantge of that
Good Point, and thanks for clearing that up King about what grade these young men were in?
Well let's stack the cards and play the game. How many chips you got?
My dad reffed a game they played in at the Pikeville College team camp and said they were unreal. Said that he got a cramp in his thigh in one game and had to ref the SV game next and dreaded it b/c they love to run n gun it. They should make it all the way to Rupp and hopefully make some noise down state. A lot of excitement for mountain basketball this season!
Should be really good.
Is anyone even considering the real possibility that the KHSAA will rule Adams ineligible?

For what purpose could he say he went to Shelby Valley other than athletics? Just asking............
ukbadmammajamma Wrote:Is anyone even considering the real possibility that the KHSAA will rule Adams ineligible?

For what purpose could he say he went to Shelby Valley other than athletics? Just asking............
family reasons maybe?
It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It is the size of the fight in the dog.
ukbadmammajamma Wrote:Is anyone even considering the real possibility that the KHSAA will rule Adams ineligible?

GOOD POINT!!!! Has Adams been ruled eligible yet?
If KHSAA does what they say they are suppose to do he will not be eligible. But they change their ways all the time. It is just a guess what they will do.
I don't see a reason for Adams to be ineligible, house burnt down so they moved, and now they have a new house built on their plot of land up longfork so they're moving back, that's a legal and called for change of address.