Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pikeville Bears Basketball 2008-09
Does anyone know how good they will be next year?
I heard they got another D1 Transfer.
Bo Harris, and Xavier Yates have been dismissed from the team. Also I heard that Jared Litzinger will be transferring to Cin. Christian.
well that isnt a good thing
RavenBoy Wrote:well that isnt a good thing

Yes it is.

They can be replaced and I am glad Coach Wells doesn't put up with the nonsense that the football team does.
RavenBoy Wrote:well that isnt a good thing
Could be....ever heard of addition by subtraction?
FOX SPORTS Wrote:Could be....ever heard of addition by subtraction?
lol that is exactly what I was thinking FOX. Also by having classes with those two it is no surprise that they were dismissed. Probably was not dismissed by Wells but rather flunked out. Wells will get better players this season, I guess we need to look at it like this. Each year with the players he brings in around 3 will leave each season b/c they can not cut it in the class room. Yates was not a player that I liked to watch play any how he tried to play to much street ball.
Wells is a great coach and an even better man...I applaud him for taking the proper actions towards a few players that were a cancer to the team and its chemistry. Pikeville will be right with Georgetown and Campbellsville, front runners of the MSC, for as long as they want with Kelly at the helm.
Just what did they do to get kicked off the team.
Which one was the PG with the mohawk?
RavenBoy Wrote:Which one was the PG with the mohawk?

Yates, I think you and I ranted about him after the G'Town game. Didn't we Raven?
No word yet on any of the recruits they are looking at or who has signed? Sure like to see the Bears climb to the next notch of the conference.
15thRegionSlamaBamma Wrote:Yates, I think you and I ranted about him after the G'Town game. Didn't we Raven?
umm Yea we sure did :confused:
Coach Wells is a class act IMO, who can coach/recruit with the best of em. I say he will find quality replacements for the two he loss.
NEXT Wrote:Yes it is.

They can be replaced and I am glad Coach Wells doesn't put up with the nonsense that the football team does.

From someone that lives on campus, the football team does not put up with as much nonsense as you think. The ones that did were gone after first semester. Yates and Harris both should have been gone after first semester ended with all their run ins with the law and campus security.
gish Wrote:From someone that lives on campus, the football team does not put up with as much nonsense as you think. The ones that did were gone after first semester. Yates and Harris both should have been gone after first semester ended with all their run ins with the law and campus security.

From someone who was there at the start of football, and someone who is privy to more info than you about current issues on the football team I will disagree with the first part.

The 2nd, maybe, maybe not but they are gone now.
Another Asssist Wrote:No word yet on any of the recruits they are looking at or who has signed? Sure like to see the Bears climb to the next notch of the conference.

Here is a list of Kelly Wells Signees and players transfering to Pikeville:

Kane Belcher: Pendleton County
Chris Puckett: Jenkins
Tim Honaker: Pikeville
Zach Hurt: Cordia

Transfering into the program:
Anthony Smith from Harford Community College

Jason Smiley from Tenn. Tech
Xavier Dawson from UTEP
Saihou Jassey from Bradley
Charles Moore from Tenn. Tech
Charles Bronson from Xavier

http://www.wkyt.com/wymtsportsovertime/h...71199.html
Nice to see Tim Honaker listed as a HS signee. Finally some news on him lol.
NEXT Wrote:, and someone who is privy to more info than you about current issues on the football team I will disagree with the first part.

Actually, no...you definitely are not more informed on the current situation at Pikeville College in regards to the football team then I am. I have been with the football team the last 3-4 years.
clipperw Wrote:Here is a list of Kelly Wells Signees and players transfering to Pikeville:

Kane Belcher: Pendleton County
Chris Puckett: Jenkins
Tim Honaker: Pikeville
Zach Hurt: Cordia

Transfering into the program:
Anthony Smith from Harford Community College

Jason Smiley from Tenn. Tech
Xavier Dawson from UTEP
Saihou Jassey from Bradley
Charles Moore from Tenn. Tech
Charles Bronson from Xavier

http://www.wkyt.com/wymtsportsovertime/h...71199.html

I also heard they are looking at Tyler Maynard from Elliott CO. That kid can shoot!
Nice Work from the PC coaching staff
Coach Wells is a class act.