Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Knott County Job
Does anyone know who applied for the Knott County job? I heard that John Meehan was interested. It would be a shame to lose him. He has had a good record with the Dawgs.
All that I have heard are Jamie Couch and someone from Clay County that played for Knott and Hammonds.

Others that may have applied, but aren't confirmed are Meehan and Cavanaugh Trent. Trent was in Knott County the other day and he hit a bear. Yea, he hit a bear.
Jeter_theman Wrote:All that I have heard are Jamie Couch and someone from Clay County that played for Knott and Hammonds.

Others that may have applied, but aren't confirmed are Meehan and Cavanaugh Trent. Trent was in Knott County the other day and he hit a bear. Yea, he hit a bear.

If I were him I would take that as a sign!
JackRabbitSlim Wrote:If I were him I would take that as a sign!

No doubt.
IMO Trent would be the best fit for knott. He relates SO well with players, I've never met a kid who doesn't like and respect him, and with the young talent at KCC he could do a good job getting the program headed back in the right direction. I would hate to see him leave LCC but with a baby on the way he has to do whats best for him and his family........I wish him the best.
Jeter_theman Wrote:All that I have heard are Jamie Couch and someone from Clay County that played for Knott and Hammonds.

Cav lives in Knott Co.
Kyboy13 Wrote:IMO Trent would be the best fit for knott. He relates SO well with players, I've never met a kid who doesn't like and respect him, and with the young talent at KCC he could do a good job getting the program headed back in the right direction. I would hate to see him leave LCC but with a baby on the way he has to do whats best for him and his family........I wish him the best.

Couch applied for the job and will get it.

killerb Wrote:Cav lives in Knott Co.

Oh, local paper said he lives in Viper.
any info on the coaching job. Who applied or who got it? Have they hired anyone yet?
Kyboy13 Wrote:IMO Trent would be the best fit for knott. He relates SO well with players, I've never met a kid who doesn't like and respect him, and with the young talent at KCC he could do a good job getting the program headed back in the right direction. I would hate to see him leave LCC but with a baby on the way he has to do whats best for him and his family........I wish him the best.

KCC has no young talent they where utterly destroyed by everyone they played.....i think they where 2-25 this year

I hope Coach Trent doesn't leave for KCC, he really has a prescence at

practice when he's around, IDK....It just makes you feel good when he

is around. But, like KyBoy13 said you have to do what is best for

your family and I wish Coach Trent the best of luck wherever he ends up!!
Has anyone been hired yet? I have not heard anything.
White Lotus Wrote:KCC has no young talent they where utterly destroyed by everyone they played.....i think they where 2-25 this year

If they were destroyed by utterly everyone they played, how did they win 2 games?
Has a Patriot coach been hired? Who is coaching their summer team? What is their record so far this summer?
No one has been named yet. They have a while to hire someone. Which will be Jamie Couch. That's who I believe it will be.

As far as the Summer team, KCC doesn't have one. Some of the boys on the team are playing on a 15-16 Little League team. I haven't kept up with it.
Whats the hold up on hiring someone, are they not satisfied with the applicants or something? Seems like they should have named a coach by now.
The KC BOE has until the first of the school year to name a new coach. The season doesn't start until February 15th. So, I would guess that the BOE will name the newbie by August.
Couch should and will get the job, deserves a chance.
He should be able to relate well with the players and loves the game. He would be a good fit there. Who would be his assistant(s)?
Heard last night that Jamie Couch has been named the new Patriot head coach, can anyone confirm this? If so, Congrats to Couch he deserves it.
I thought Trent was going to get that baseball job. What is he going to do now?
coorsman5151 Wrote:I thought Trent was going to get that baseball job. What is he going to do now?

I'd say keep applying for jobs.....i have heard he's applied for every job coming and going baseball and basketball. Anways congrats Couch.
congrats to Jamie! I hope he brings the knott county program back to where it once was
Jamie should do fine at Knott Central. He'll get the backing of the admin that Hammonds could not get.

Jamie is a great person and well liked by all the kids. Good luck next season.
So is it offical that Couch is named new coach at KCC?
MVP2 Wrote:So is it offical that Couch is named new coach at KCC?

yep its official
BlackKnight8 Wrote:yep its official

Alright, Congrats to Jamie and Good Luck as the New Coach at Knott Central....Doesnt Jamie work there already?
I am pretty sure he has been the softball coach there the past few years and maybe a P.E teacher?
It is official Jamie Couch is the new baseball coach at Knott County Central. Congrats to Jamie. Now I wonder who will coach the softball team.
Congrats to him! Did he play baseball at Alice Lloyd a few years back?
Yes I think he did. He could have went bigger from what I hear, but decided to stay home. Anyway I hope he does well. I hear they may have some new players this year to go along with what they already had.