Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Estill 10 - Menifee 0
Norton throws a shutout. Freeman hits 2 homeruns in the first inning. Estill improves to 18-2.
Congrats Estill
Good win for Estill.
Today was a practice for the engineers. They have to play Clark tomorrow, at Clark. This should be a game to watch.
RedSox_#1 Wrote:Today was a practice for the engineers. They have to play Clark tomorrow, at Clark. This should be a game to watch.

Who is pitching for Estill?
Wow, two homeruns in the first?? How many does that give him on the season? I'm guessing close to 10 or so.
Godspeed Wrote:Wow, two homeruns in the first?? How many does that give him on the season? I'm guessing close to 10 or so.

That puts him at 7.
They really haven't played anybody though. Madison Central was a good win, but that was it. The rest of their schedule is not very good at all. They were beaten badly by the only half way descent teams on their schedule in Henry Clay and Harrison County 12-3 and 13-5. This will hurt them at the end of the season. They haven't been in a lot of big atmosphere games this year and it could lead to their demise. I still think they have the best shot at the regional title, but they have not played anybody besides the three mentioned.
What about that big win at Clark?
JackRabbitSlim Wrote:They really haven't played anybody though. Madison Central was a good win, but that was it. The rest of their schedule is not very good at all. They were beaten badly by the only half way descent teams on their schedule in Henry Clay and Harrison County 12-3 and 13-5. This will hurt them at the end of the season. They haven't been in a lot of big atmosphere games this year and it could lead to their demise. I still think they have the best shot at the regional title, but they have not played anybody besides the three mentioned.

Powell is 23-8...Estill beat them twice, once 12-1; North Laurel is 16-13...Estill beat them; LCC is 18-11...Estill beat them; Breathitt Co. is 17-9... Estill beat them. Estill's schedule could not be called super tough; however, "not very good at all" is not accurate either. Also, Estill isn't just beating people, they are beating them soundly, very soundly, which is impressive.
thecavemaster Wrote:Powell is 23-8...Estill beat them twice, once 12-1; North Laurel is 16-13...Estill beat them; LCC is 18-11...Estill beat them; Breathitt Co. is 17-9... Estill beat them. Estill's schedule could not be called super tough; however, "not very good at all" is not accurate either. Also, Estill isn't just beating people, they are beating them soundly, very soundly, which is impressive.

Haha! You think that Breathitt, North Laurel, and LCC are good teams? Records mean nothing in the 14th region because of the caliber teams they play. North is barely over .500 and they mainly play 13th region teams. They won they region last year on a fluke and I doubt they will have that chance this year, but the 13th is very down so you never know. If these are the three teams that you think solitify a schedule then I will have to continue to disagree with you and say that Estill's schedule is "not very good at all." Madison Central is a good win, but they are a very average high school team. The only teams that are half-way descent beat Estill very soundly in Henry Clay and Harrison County 12-3, and 13-5.
Estill is killing the ball, and if you are killing the ball at this time of the season, then you can beat alot of teams! It does hurt them with Freeman not being able to pitch for the rest of the season.
JackRabbitSlim Wrote:Haha! You think that Breathitt, North Laurel, and LCC are good teams? Records mean nothing in the 14th region because of the caliber teams they play. North is barely over .500 and they mainly play 13th region teams. They won they region last year on a fluke and I doubt they will have that chance this year, but the 13th is very down so you never know. If these are the three teams that you think solitify a schedule then I will have to continue to disagree with you and say that Estill's schedule is "not very good at all." Madison Central is a good win, but they are a very average high school team. The only teams that are half-way descent beat Estill very soundly in Henry Clay and Harrison County 12-3, and 13-5.

For a good part of the year, Harrison Co. and Henry Clay have been in the Top Ten in the state. You refer to them as "half-way descent" (who knew that one could fall half-way). Every so often, you have to get your axe out, don't you?
thecavemaster Wrote:For a good part of the year, Harrison Co. and Henry Clay have been in the Top Ten in the state. You refer to them as "half-way descent" (who knew that one could fall half-way). Every so often, you have to get your axe out, don't you?

Actually you need to check your research before you post because Henry Clay is the only one out of those two that have been in the top ten, and they have been there all year every week. Harrison has never once been in the top ten all year, and for a couple of weeks they were not even in the top 25. They have varied from #24 to #13 on the other weeks, but never cracked the top ten. They are half way descent, Powell only lost to them 1-0, and Powell is not that tough of a team. I don't know what point your trying to make, and I'm sorry but Estill has played one of the weakest schedules that I have seen this year.
JackRabbitSlim Wrote:Actually you need to check your research before you post because Henry Clay is the only one out of those two that have been in the top ten, and they have been there all year every week. Harrison has never once been in the top ten all year, and for a couple of weeks they were not even in the top 25. They have varied from #24 to #13 on the other weeks, but never cracked the top ten. They are half way descent, Powell only lost to them 1-0, and Powell is not that tough of a team. I don't know what point your trying to make, and I'm sorry but Estill has played one of the weakest schedules that I have seen this year.

So, your point is that Harrison County (I stand corrected), though a top 20 type team, and Henry Clay, a top ten team, are "half way descent"? I would not argue that the 14th Region is a fairly weak region top to bottom. Estill is a quality baseball team. Estill has beaten some quality opponents. Estill has beaten some non-quality opponents. Estill has beaten some average opponents. Is that so different from most schools?
thecavemaster Wrote:So, your point is that Harrison County (I stand corrected), though a top 20 type team, and Henry Clay, a top ten team, are "half way descent"? I would not argue that the 14th Region is a fairly weak region top to bottom. Estill is a quality baseball team. Estill has beaten some quality opponents. Estill has beaten some non-quality opponents. Estill has beaten some average opponents. Is that so different from most schools?

No! that is what I am trying to get across to you. Harrison and Henry Clay are good teams, and Estill got smoked by them!! The only other team that is "halfway descent" they have played and beaten is Madison Central, and I don't think they have even smelled the Top 25 this year. Every other school they have played besides these three are mediocre or worse. I am not disagreeing with you that Estill is a good program, they are, but what I am saying is the rest of the good programs around the state do not play cup cake schedules like Estill played this year. That is my point.
JackRabbitSlim Wrote:No! that is what I am trying to get across to you. Harrison and Henry Clay are good teams, and Estill got smoked by them!! The only other team that is "halfway descent" they have played and beaten is Madison Central, and I don't think they have even smelled the Top 25 this year. Every other school they have played besides these three are mediocre or worse. I am not disagreeing with you that Estill is a good program, they are, but what I am saying is the rest of the good programs around the state do not play cup cake schedules like Estill played this year. That is my point.

I am not suggesting that Estill County belongs in a discussion with the best baseball programs in the state. I am suggesting that Estill has a very good coach, a very nice and developing facility, a pretty decent developmental program. Estill's schedule is not a top tier program schedule and is not in a top tier region. They do have a quality baseball team this year and have not, in my opinion, beaten the Kentucky School of the Blind fifteen times... your "cup cake" comment notwithstanding.
thecavemaster Wrote:I am not suggesting that Estill County belongs in a discussion with the best baseball programs in the state. I am suggesting that Estill has a very good coach, a very nice and developing facility, a pretty decent developmental program. Estill's schedule is not a top tier program schedule and is not in a top tier region. They do have a quality baseball team this year and have not, in my opinion, beaten the Kentucky School of the Blind fifteen times... your "cup cake" comment notwithstanding.

Yea the cup cake comment is withstanding and I will post their schedule once again for you to look at. Among the best teams even in the 14th region it is the weakest. Between Powell, PCC, and Estill, Estill has the weakest and they are suppose to be the best and probably are. The best teams should play the best schedules bottomline, and in your case in the 14th, they don't.

Here is their schedule...again....

http://scoreboard.12dt.com/scoreboard/kh...tion_name=
JackRabbitSlim Wrote:Yea the cup cake comment is withstanding and I will post their schedule once again for you to look at. Among the best teams even in the 14th region it is the weakest. Between Powell, PCC, and Estill, Estill has the weakest and they are suppose to be the best and probably are. The best teams should play the best schedules bottomline, and in your case in the 14th, they don't.

Here is their schedule...again....

http://scoreboard.12dt.com/scoreboard/kh...tion_name=

Uh, I've seen their schedule... The geography of the 14th region, the jacked up price of gas per new bid contracts, these things, these days have to be considered per school system policy. You withstand; I'll notwithstand...
thecavemaster Wrote:Uh, I've seen their schedule... The geography of the 14th region, the jacked up price of gas per new bid contracts, these things, these days have to be considered per school system policy. You withstand; I'll notwithstand...

Well you have officially given me every excuse possible so there is nothing else to disscus. I guess you have to support your school regardless of how biased it may be. That is fine, I am done.
JackRabbitSlim Wrote:Well you have officially given me every excuse possible so there is nothing else to disscus. I guess you have to support your school regardless of how biased it may be. That is fine, I am done.

Estill has proven itself this year to be one of the two or three best teams in the 14th Region. This assertion is not biased. Stick a fork in you.
thecavemaster Wrote:
Estill has proven itself this year to be one of the two or three best teams in the 14th Region. This assertion is not biased. Stick a fork in you.

the 14th 's not real strong but estill's a good club i've seen them three times. i think jackrabbit's a homer for where he's from.
thecavemaster Wrote:

Haha I said I was going to. Just for the record I have said many times that I think Estill is the best team in the region so I don't know why you mentioned that, but this is not personal I was just trying to have a civil conversation. I had no idea so many people would take it so personal.
basketballwizz Wrote:Rabbit Your A Dick Head And You Have Not Brain At All.

HAHA! And I am the one without a brain? haha
bluegrassballa Wrote:What does being in the band at Powell County have to do with this discussion? I'm not trying to start an arguement or anything, but not everybody who disagrees against Estill are not from Powell. Just to get that across.

Yea I actually don't live anywhere close to Powell, and I actually have a few teams that I route for. A couple of them are pretty good and a couple of them aren't. I have family all over the state so I route for a few teams around the commonwealth. And because I have a lot of family playing at different schools it has given me a chance to see a lot of baseball this year all over the state.
JackRabbitSlim Wrote:Yea I actually don't live anywhere close to Powell, and I actually have a few teams that I route for. A couple of them are pretty good and a couple of them aren't. I have family all over the state so I route for a few teams around the commonwealth. And because I have a lot of family playing at different schools it has given me a chance to see a lot of baseball this year all over the state.

I see your point. I admit, I am from Powell. But I post as I think. If I think Estill is the best team in the region, then I will. Which I think they pretty much are. But I don't see why people think just because they don't cheer for Estill, they are from Powell.
bluegrassballa Wrote:I see your point. I admit, I am from Powell. But I post as I think. If I think Estill is the best team in the region, then I will. Which I think they pretty much are. But I don't see why people think just because they don't cheer for Estill, they are from Powell.

I guess that is just how small town rivalries work. If you are saying anything negative about a school then they automatically group you in with their rivals. I don't care though everyboyd that I have come in contact with on here has been really respectable from Powell. So it might now be a bad group to be in with. haha. Good luck to you guys in the postseason, however, I do think Estill will be the team to beat.
The fact of the matter about Estill is, is that they are in the 14th. Because they are in the 14th region they will play 14th region teams. Complain about their schedule all you want, but as long as they are in this region they will play these teams because this is the title they are competing for. They still play good competition outside of the region against surrounding counties and do very well. Nothing can withold the fact that Estill is dominating the 14th....And all of you doubting Freeman who say his average couldnt hold up in another region...well, a 700 average is a 700 average, 7 homers is 7 homers...this kid is ligit just check his summer league stats..ive played in the 10th and the 14th..and competition is intense
joo Wrote:The fact of the matter about Estill is, is that they are in the 14th. Because they are in the 14th region they will play 14th region teams. Complain about their schedule all you want, but as long as they are in this region they will play these teams because this is the title they are competing for. They still play good competition outside of the region against surrounding counties and do very well. Nothing can withold the fact that Estill is dominating the 14th....And all of you doubting Freeman who say his average couldnt hold up in another region...well, a 700 average is a 700 average, 7 homers is 7 homers...this kid is ligit just check his summer league stats..ive played in the 10th and the 14th..and competition is intense

They got smoked by the only two outside the region that were any good by a combined score of 25-8? How is that doing pretty good. They beat Madison Central, and they are only 6 games over .500. However, I will agree with you that they should run through the 14th no problem. I only wish their schedule would get better so they can do more than just win the 14th and actually have a shot once they do win the region.
For the record, I don't know where anybody in this debate is from, except the ones who said directly. However, I do think it's a little pompous to say, "Well, I'm an impartial observer and just say what I think" (As if this statement somehow registers one's opinion as absolute truth). Again, Estill is a quality team with an average schedule, probably the best team in the 14th region as of now. AND, it isn't all that easy to hit .700 for a season in slow pitch softball, so let that rest as well.