Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gillispie: Jasper transfer likely
Barring any last minute reversals there will be a new No. 5 on Kentucky's roster next season. Derrick Jasper returned to his California home after Kentucky's finals ended last week and isn't expected to return to the Commonwealth to finish out his college basketball career. UK coach Billy Gillispie wouldn't completely rule out a change of heart by the Cats' projected starting point guard but conceded the possibility is remote.

Looks like Jasper is final gone! :Thumbs:

http://kentucky.rivals.com/barrier_noent...&mid=&rid=
good riddance!!!!
This transfer possibly works out best for all parties involved. We have several guards coming in the next couple of years that can take Jasper's roll and run with it. He didn't seem to be one that could handle the pressure that UK is anyways which was very evident in last year's Marquette game. Look for him to end up at UNLV a little closer to home.

Mike Williams has also asked for his release which isn't as big of news but worth mentioning due to the fact that it opens up another scholly.

Gillispie will probably hit the recruiting trail pretty hard now looking for at least one more player to add to next year's class to add some depth.

I wish Jasper and Williams luck in their futures.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I hope Jasper is successful where ever he ends up, that team will be getting a solid player.
It sucks to know that Jasper is leaving. But if he wants to leave, let him. If he is home sick, he won't do nothing to help UK. Best of luck to him on his future.
I wish him the best wherever he ends up.
We need to get a good PG now.
Hopefully Derrick has a change of heart and returns to Lexington, but if not I hope him the best where ever he ends up. With Liggins, Galloway and Porter I think we are fine at the point next season.
Jasper gelled this team together, and a new leader will have to step up now. I don't think they have anybody with the leadership that Bradley and Jasper had. Patterson will now have to become the poster child for UK basketball and really put this team on his back. Not really with statistics, but as a leader. There is a lot to be said for a guy who completely puts his team first when he is on the court, and I think Jasper was a guy who did just that, and he will be missed. However, I will agree with everybody else when I say, "If you don't want to wear the blue and white, get the **** out, we don't want you." haha
JackRabbitSlim Wrote:"If you don't want to wear the blue and white, get the **** out, we don't want you." haha
Thats the truth. If this was Patterson leaving I would care but not Wasper.
JackRabbitSlim Wrote:Jasper gelled this team together, and a new leader will have to step up now. I don't think they have anybody with the leadership that Bradley and Jasper had. Patterson will now have to become the poster child for UK basketball and really put this team on his back. Not really with statistics, but as a leader. There is a lot to be said for a guy who completely puts his team first when he is on the court, and I think Jasper was a guy who did just that, and he will be missed. However, I will agree with everybody else when I say, "If you don't want to wear the blue and white, get the **** out, we don't want you." haha

You got that right.
I dont get you people but oh well, thats just how UK fans act. I wish Jasper the best in whatever he does, and I hope with everything in me that he gets a chance to play against UK so he can stick it to you so called FANS!
Braves_Fan_26 Wrote:I dont get you people but oh well, thats just how UK fans act. I wish Jasper the best in whatever he does, and I hope with everything in me that he gets a chance to play against UK so he can stick it to you so called FANS!
He will be a joke at another school just like he was at UK. Injuries or not he cant shoot, and last time I checked you have to score to win games.