Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Congratulations Thread for J.R. VanHoose-Medical Leader Coach of the Year
Just read in the Medical Leader today that JR has been named their 2007-2008 coach of the year. Congrats JR and girls on a job well done!

If you need assistance feel free to e-mail me at:
[email=phs1986@bluegrassrivals.com]phs1986@bluegrassrivals.com[/email]
Congratulations on the honor J.R... You did a great job in your first year of coaching at Phelps.
phs1986 Wrote:Just read in the Medical Leader today that JR has been named their 2007-2008 coach of the year. Congrats JR and girls on a job well done!

What's the Medical Leader?
Gatortater Wrote:What's the Medical Leader?

Pikeville Medical-Leader... Pikeville Medical Central has there own newspaper now that covers events in Pike, Floyd, and Letcher Counties.
Not to take anything away from J.R. Vanhoose...he was a fantastic player and is quickly becoming a fine coach as well. I suspect that anything Mr. Vanhoose attempts to do...he would be outstanding and first-class doing it.

J.R. did inherit some good older players.

I would have to give Coach Mark Martin from Allen Central the slight edge this past season. He walked into a situation that not many people would've even considered getting into. He had two seniors, two sophomores, an 8th grader and two 7th graders carrying the load this year.

It was a group that had fallen behind on development of fundamentals over the past couple of years. He immediately came in and turned things around. The excitement for girls basketball is quickly coming back at ACHS. They more than doubled their wins from last year to this year. For one reason or another...the team lost 3 starters from last year...all in all, I think Coach Martin did a remarkable job this past season.

I think in the next few years...ACHS will return back to the top tier they were at for such a long time.
I'm with you lost ball. Phelps had a decent year, but like you mentioned he had some talent to work with. An early exit in the district tournament at home was not the way they should have ended the season. Coach Martin did a nice job this year, I thought that Pikevilles coach and Betsy Laynes coach did a nice job also.
One more thing, with what he has coming back next year and with the girls that are supposedly transfering, we will see if he can get them any farther in the tournament.
WHY may I ask can you not get on here without throwing critique and discussing another coach into the situtation and CONGRATULATE Coach VanHoose on his accomplishment? This thread is intended for the congratulation purpose of the COY from the Medical-Leader that was bestowed upon Coach VANHOOSE. If you do not agree that is fine but please do not post off topic again. Evidently they felt he earned it and therefore was given the award. We all have our own opinions but please don't go into a thread and dismantle the man for winning an award. Any other posts that are derogatory in this thread will be deleted!

congrats to Coach Vanhoose and his team,pretty good for his first season

:1:
Congrats on the award!
Well PHS1986 did I say something to offend? I see you removed my post - but you did change the title. NICE - I see you also left the posts of the others who posted they didn't agree with the ML selection. SO I will say - CONGRATS JR.......but I still don't think he's coach of the yr.
Coach of the year? Phelps didn't get out of the district again this year and Belfry wasn't much better than them. Nah, not the coach of the year........
Evidently you all have your opinions on this matter as you have made it VERY clear. I feel that this thread needs to be closed due to the fact that very few understand the TITLE of the thread. It is a congratulations thread. IF you wanted to question the reasoning behind the award that Coach VanHoose received you should have started a thread. Therefore........ this one is closed!