Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gillispie Mentioned TODAY on PTI...
During its daily broadcast, PTI's first subject was the discussion for the national coaching search for Oklahoma State's new Men's basketball coach. Billy G. still hasn't signed a formal contract which makes me a little bit nervous. Has anyone heard Billy G. publicly deny these rumors to Ok. St. or what? Bad news for UK if we lose Billy G.
It honestly wouldn't shock me is the sad part.
He turned it down on his weekly radio show, monday night I believe was the night.
Would they pay him as much as UK?
Nobody would pay as much as UK if it came down to money. They would come up with it for basketball. Maybe not other sports, but they would make sure they were competing with everyone as far as salary goes.
BlackcatFootball Wrote:He turned it down on his weekly radio show, monday night I believe was the night.
Which radio show was this and by chance do you remember what he said...?
fballfan07 Wrote:Which radio show was this and by chance do you remember what he said...?

Gillispie has a weekly call-in show.

Go here to listen to it:

http://www.ukathletics.com/radio

The most recent they have up is 3/24
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Just listened to the archived radio show,

A caller said that for the past few year's UK has ended the season leaving the fans wondering if we would have a stable coach for the years to come. He asked Gillispie if he was going to be making a tough non-conference schedule and if he planned on staying at UK

Gillispie said he loved the University and the community and planned on staying for as long as the school would let him.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
ComfortEagle Wrote:Just listened to the archived radio show,

A caller said that for the past few year's UK has ended the season leaving the fans wondering if we would have a stable coach for the years to come. He asked Gillispie if he was going to be making a tough non-conference schedule and if he planned on staying at UK

Gillispie said he loved the University and the community and planned on staying for as long as the school would let him.

Well.....if a school you would go to hasn't called, and you are looking for a contract wouldn't you say that?
I doubt he would say....well....if OSU offered, I might go...
ComfortEagle Wrote:Just listened to the archived radio show,

I may be mistaken, but I believe I have seen him make this statement on TV before.

I believe Billy G will be at UK next year.
He has a memorandum of understanding, which by legal terms, is as binding as a contract. There is no need in worrying about a signed contract because he signed his memorandum. Plus, we all know that contracts don't mean ish anymore. If someone wanted out badly enough, they would get the buyout and leave. But Gillispie is going nowhere. He said it himself, plus he would not leave a national favorite to go to a nobody school.
Think a little bit, why would Gillispie leave the greatest basketball program in the country for Oklahoma St...? It would be different if it were Indiana or something like that but OK St...ha. He is like a little kid when he gets asked about UK's tradition in interviews. I think he will stay with UK for a long time.
vundy33 Wrote:Think a little bit, why would Gillispie leave the greatest basketball program in the country for Oklahoma St...? It would be different if it were Indiana or something like that but OK St...ha. He is like a little kid when he gets asked about UK's tradition in interviews. I think he will stay with UK for a long time.

I agree 100%
JackRabbitSlim Wrote:Nobody would pay as much as UK if it came down to money. They would come up with it for basketball. Maybe not other sports, but they would make sure they were competing with everyone as far as salary goes.

They have a big alum who throws money around like its worthless. I can't remember his name, but they've talked about his influence on OSU sports and he is a billionare so money would not be a problem. The only reason he would leave is if Barhnhart doesn't give him what he wants. And if UK fans harass him like they did Tubby. I don't think Tubby is as good of a coach as Gillespie, but I do think that fans can influence a coach to leave.
ComfortEagle Wrote:Gillispie has a weekly call-in show.

Go here to listen to it:

www.ukathletics.com/radio

The most recent they have up is 3/24
There was not a Billy Gillispie/Big Blue Line show last Monday....The last one of the year was on March 24th.

He has not directly turned down the OSU job(that I have heard) his statement was that he "would be at UK as long as they would have him"
I dont think he will go anywhere.
launchpad4 Wrote:They have a big alum who throws money around like its worthless. I can't remember his name, but they've talked about his influence on OSU sports and he is a billionare so money would not be a problem. The only reason he would leave is if Barhnhart doesn't give him what he wants. And if UK fans harass him like they did Tubby. I don't think Tubby is as good of a coach as Gillespie, but I do think that fans can influence a coach to leave.

Boone Pickens, made his money in oil... he gets what he wants... if he wants Gillespie bad enough, he'll throw the money to get him....
I heard last night that Cat Pause said he turned it down.
Im pretty sure he will stay. I mean really..UK basketball is a greta thing to be a part of and he is the head coach..If i was him id never leave!!!