Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BREAKING NEWS: Landon Slone Now A Kentucky Wildcat
JackRabbitSlim Wrote:Oh ok I thought it was on the radio for some reason. It sounded like they were interviewing him from telephone. Well I guess that could have been on TV too though huh?

It was over the phone... I just found the audio on http://www.wymtnews.com
Good interview--thanks for posting that! I had to grin though when Slone said he had grown up during the "glory days" of UK bball! I guess the 90s were to the young folks, but to people like me the "glory days" meant the age of Coach Rupp.

Anyway I am still excited for this young man---playing at UK is the dream of just about every school age boy---especially those who live east of Lexington! Heart is something you can't measure----and Landon has a ton of it! Expect great things from this young man.
First of all congrates Landon!! This is truly a huge moment for you, as well mountain basketball!! Regardless of what people say here you made it man!! Now, bust your *** and make us proud. It may sound funny, but I'm proud your from the 15th region and maybe this will open some doors for others from our region!!!
transplanttiger Wrote:Good interview--thanks for posting that! I had to grin though when Slone said he had grown up during the "glory days" of UK bball! I guess the 90s were to the young folks, but to people like me the "glory days" meant the age of Coach Rupp.

Anyway I am still excited for this young man---playing at UK is the dream of just about every school age boy---especially those who live east of Lexington! Heart is something you can't measure----and Landon has a ton of it! Expect great things from this young man.

The Glory Days for me was in the last 80's early 90's. haha. It was a rough time, but I think it made UK what they were late in the 90's. Really Landon has a point by saying that, because the 1996 team was ranked as one of the top 2 teams in the history of the NCAA, and they came real close of 3 peating 96-98. I think UK basketball has been able to give every generation "Glory Days," and I think that is what draws so many kids to UK, because everybody, no matter what age, can remember a time when UK was dominant. I would have loved to see the Rupp days though. That would have been something to see.
Congrats LANDON , you had a great 4 years at the ville proud of you and your team .
Just wondering, could he be a walk on and red shirt. A good year of pratice with them would be a great transition...
Big congratz to Landon Slone, I was wrong I didn't think he could do it, glad to see Billy G. is giving the kentucky boys a chance.
This Is Awesome For Eastern Kentucky!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
kyr450 Wrote:Who cares if it is a walk on or not??? He has signed to play basketball for the university of Kentucky, the greatest basketball school in the world... It is every players dream come true... He will do better at UK than most people think, he has the work ethic that Billy G. loves, it will carry him along way... You few select people on here need to quit with this negative crap, an give the boy his due respect...
:thumpsup:
Congrats to Landon!!
Nice to see that Billy is keeping the Kentucky boys at home to be Wildcats. It made me sick to see four years of Chris Lofton wearing Orange and Maysville transformed into Little Knoxville. Nothing against Chris, as he is\was a great assett for UT...Tubby dropped the recruiting ball.

Welcome to the Greatest show on earth Landon....Kentucky Basketball !!!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
What sport???
The Guru Wrote:What sport???

Basketball

Slone averaged 26 ppg. this past season for Paintsville.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Congrats Landon. What a day for you and your family. Glad to see a mountain boy get a shot again!!! Good luck.
The Guru Wrote:What sport???
Where have you been? You in FL or something Guru? LMAO WOW THAT WAS A GOOD ONE. I will laughing at this every time i see it now.
15thRegionSlamaBamma Wrote:Where have you been? You in FL or something Guru? LMAO WOW THAT WAS A GOOD ONE. I will laughing at this every time i see it now.
Ok, yes, Florida!
I put that on here cause we were all discussing it here yesterday when one of our parents asked...."What sport"! Imagine....anyone from Paintsville not knowing!Smile :eek:
I am very happy for you!!!!
They were talking about Slone up here in Louisville on ESPN Radio. One guy would say he is a great shooter and scored 35 against JTown and the other guy said he didnt think so because he only scored 5 against a covington team, I think.
He scored more than 5....I think he had 14. He was defended by the same person that only allowed Ty Profitt 8pts and the guy that's playing at Louisville now (can't think of the name right off the bat) to about 9.
IRISH4 Wrote:He scored more than 5....I think he had 14. He was defended by the same person that only allowed Ty Profitt 8pts and the guy that's playing at Louisville now (can't think of the name right off the bat) to about 9.
Preston Knowles
I just give the ol' Paintsville boy a HUGE CONGRATS and GOODLUCK!
Panther Thunder Wrote:Preston Knowles

Buddy I'm glad you're on your A game tonight because I'm terrible with names.....hahaha. Smile
Congrats Landon, you'll do good down there.

To the naysayers, I'm sure Billy G. has an email address, email him with your complaints or suggestions. Maybe he will hire some of you as assistants.Rolleyes
Since I'm no Landon Slone fan anyway, I'm sure as is for most Ky kids to play for UK, I'm glad he has got his dream. As for a true UK fan who doesn't feel we need another guard, if he is a walk-on this year and a scholly athlete next year then I definitely question Billy Gillispie's thinking? We need a big guy and then some other players that fit our needs, Landon is a great shooter, but he's really going to have to work on the other end of the ball or he won't be having it going down the court. This ain't the mountain's anymore. And in response to his guarding of Scotty Hopson as was already posted on another thread, he is one of the laziest players. So I won't put a lot of stock in that one. But I will put my feelings aside and hope that he can contribute to this team, but not as a athletic scholarship player.
fairplayer Wrote:Since I'm no Landon Slone fan anyway, I'm sure as is for most Ky kids to play for UK, I'm glad he has got his dream. As for a true UK fan who doesn't feel we need another guard, if he is a walk-on this year and a scholly athlete next year then I definitely question Billy Gillispie's thinking? We need a big guy and then some other players that fit our needs, Landon is a great shooter, but he's really going to have to work on the other end of the ball or he won't be having it going down the court. This ain't the mountain's anymore. And in response to his guarding of Scotty Hopson as was already posted on another thread, he is one of the laziest players. So I won't put a lot of stock in that one. But I will put my feelings aside and hope that he can contribute to this team, but not as a athletic scholarship player.

That is good that your such an expert, but if your not a Landon fan then why even open this threa? Oh I know, to start trouble. If your that concerned with what Gillespie's doing then start you own thread in the "College" forum and talk about it.
fairplayer Wrote:Since I'm no Landon Slone fan anyway, I'm sure as is for most Ky kids to play for UK, I'm glad he has got his dream. As for a true UK fan who doesn't feel we need another guard, if he is a walk-on this year and a scholly athlete next year then I definitely question Billy Gillispie's thinking? We need a big guy and then some other players that fit our needs, Landon is a great shooter, but he's really going to have to work on the other end of the ball or he won't be having it going down the court. This ain't the mountain's anymore. And in response to his guarding of Scotty Hopson as was already posted on another thread, he is one of the laziest players. So I won't put a lot of stock in that one. But I will put my feelings aside and hope that he can contribute to this team, but not as a athletic scholarship player.

yea really get a life and be happy for the kid
Who is lazy? Scotty or Landon?
I guarantee, that UK will have no player outwork Slone!
The Guru Wrote:Who is lazy? Scotty or Landon?
I guarantee, that UK will have no player outwork Slone!

I was thinking Patterson or Liggens would considering they are projected NBA players.

Let the jealousy go man....it will eat you up!
PC_You_Know Wrote:[/B]

I was thinking Patterson or Liggens would considering they are projected NBA players.

He said "outwork" not "outplay!" Nobody said he would be starting he said he would work just as hard as anybody on the UK roster, and I agree he will. Some people the past few years on UK's roster have taken for granted the fact that they play for the best basketball school in the nation. Slone is not one of those players. He will outwork anybody.