Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BREAKING NEWS: Landon Slone Now A Kentucky Wildcat
22lb Bass Wrote:Landon told me that he took the ACT 3 times and he his high score is 18.

Congrats Landon Big Grin
Congrats Basketball Mommy, I know you wanted this as much as anyone.Big Grin

If he only got an 18 it will be hard for him to go. The last time I checked the pre-requisite for admission is a 21 on the ACT to get into UK. I hope he can bring that up before school starts.
Congrats Landon....
Congrats Landon, this is awesome. Go Big Blue!
JackRabbitSlim Wrote:If he only got an 18 it will be hard for him to go. The last time I checked the pre-requisite for admission is a 21 on the ACT to get into UK. I hope he can bring that up before school starts.

Billy Clyde would have NEVER offered if he hadnt known he is eligible. I have a child that took ACT in Feb with all the rest of P'ville's seniors Landon wasnt there. I have been told by a GREAT source This line of thinking has no credibility and HE HAS THE SCORE.

His ACT is no issue.... these are some of the same nay sayers that said he was not D-1 material. And said that he has a 13 bedroom house. GET THE STORY STRAIGHT. Do you know the kid..... if not let someone who does tell you the story and dont spread rumors.:dontthink
Congrats Landon!!!! From what I hear, you had one heck of a workout down there today.

As I said in an earlier post, I noticed a big difference in Landon from his Junior year to this year, especially in his strength and defense. I think he will continue to improve in a system that has a great basketball teacher like Billy Clyde.
It takes a 22 on the ACT to get in to UK.
transplanttiger Wrote:Billy Clyde would have NEVER offered if he hadnt known he is eligible. I have a child that took ACT in Feb with all the rest of P'ville's seniors Landon wasnt there. I have been told by a GREAT source This line of thinking has no credibility and HE HAS THE SCORE.

His ACT is no issue.... these are some of the same nay sayers that said he was not D-1 material. And said that he has a 13 bedroom house. GET THE STORY STRAIGHT. Do you know the kid..... if not let someone who does tell you the story and dont spread rumors.:dontthink

Actually yes I do know the kid and have been a big supporter all year of his, and if you really want to bash on somebody go to the person who said this originally. I was simply stating the qualifications of getting in to UK. I hope he does have the score i've been saying since the season began that I would like for him to go to UK. I have no idea of his ACT score, so when someone says his ACT score, oviously I would think they would know. If they are incorrect go to them, not me.
Takes a 22 I just recently got accepted, just throwing that out there.

Besides the ACT, the kid is going there anyhow so whats it matter. Lets just congratulate him and carry on, no sense for arguing over his scores.
Congrats Landon!! Heart, passion and dedication are what I'm sure Billy G seen in Landon! That should fit in nicely with Billy G's style and type of program! Landon needs to get stronger and work on some things, but one thing he doesn't need is the determination to do it. Landon will fit in well at UK and I'm very happy to hear that he will be wearing the UK blue!
JackRabbitSlim Wrote:Actually yes I do know the kid and have been a big supporter all year of his, and if you really want to bash on somebody go to the person who said this originally. I was simply stating the qualifications of getting in to UK. I hope he does have the score i've been saying since the season began that I would like for him to go to UK. I have no idea of his ACT score, so when someone says his ACT score, oviously I would think they would know. If they are incorrect go to them, not me.
I suppose that it was 22lb bass I was addressing not you..... I got your quote from when you used it my mistake.... sorry:o
transplanttiger Wrote:How much does Robinson scholarship pay. Or an alumni scholarship. Or a Diedrich scholarship. There are plenty of scholarships out there. Im not sure but I think he made better than an 18 on his ACT but if not WHO CARES!!! Go big blue! Rolleyes

A Singletary is not the ONLY full scholarship.... it is the only one that pays for tuition, room, board, and books.... plus a stipend.... There are others that will pay full tuition! I am pretty sure that the President's scholarship does, for example.... KEYS money and other outside scholarships could put him there without being out much expense!
22lb Bass Wrote:Landon told me that he took the ACT 3 times and he his high score is 18.

Congrats Landon Big Grin
Congrats Basketball Mommy, I know you wanted this as much as anyone.Big Grin

Actually the score is a 21!
transplanttiger Wrote:I suppose that it was 22lb bass I was addressing not you..... I got your quote from when you used it my mistake.... sorry:o

Quite alright. I've made mistakes before, just once, but I have. haha just kidding. It's fine.Cool
Congratulations Landon!!!! I am so proud of you and you should be proud of yourself!!! I've only had the honor of watching you one time when you played against our Valley Cats and you were awesome!!! Just remember Who gave you your talent. Honor Him with your life and He will honor you!!! I know that He has great plans for you!!! Work hard and keep looking up!!! You will be in my prayers!!!
I think this settles if he is good enough. Congratulations Landon!!
blackcat_mc Wrote:I think this settles if he is good enough. Congratulations Landon!!

Yea I think your right!!!:Thumbs:
Congrats Landon!...This is Awesome!
March Man Wrote:Actually the score is a 21!

During the Tiger Hoops Classic, from his mouth to my ear... he said he had an 18. Now, he could of taken again since then, I dont know. But I do know what I am talking about.

Congrats to this fine young man and continue keeping Eastern Kentucky on the map at Rupp.

I am sure that every team in the 14th and 15th are happy for you, I know we are.:Clap:
ACT score for him doesn't matter, the only ACT score that matters for athletes at UK is what the NCAA http://64.233.169.104/search?q=cache:KPm...=firefox-a

Every athlete at UK DOES NOT have a 21.
Why does everyone care about whether he is eligible or not. Gillispie wouldn't have offered the kid a position on the team if he didn't know whether Landon would be eligible.

Is it so hard for some of you to just congratulate the kid?
I had criticized Landon before, but I am excited for him and hope to see him get some PT next year. Good job Landon.
Congrats Landon!
**Send me a pm if you have any questions or comments**

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Yeah why is everyone talking about his ACT scores? One of the biggest things in his life just happened and were talking about if hes eligible or not? Just like blackcatstudent said just congratulate him!
i dont understand how he can be a scholly player in a year? yes landon is a good player in the 15th region but can you honestly tell me hes going to do something at uk, when he has to play people more quicker,athletic, and shoot better. So i mean its great for him, but i just dont see why uk wanted him to go there.
Don't sound so Jealous!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Swallow your pride, and Congratulate the young man. He's proved he can score against elite athletes time and time again, and obviously, based on past posts he must have did well against some of the UK players in an open gym!!!!!!!!!! Give him time, and I'm sure success will lie in his future!!!! JMO
Congrats and best of luck from Hazard!!
100%SUCCESS Wrote:Don't sound so Jealous!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Swallow your pride, and Congratulate the young man. He's proved he can score against elite athletes time and time again, and obviously, based on past posts he must have did well against some of the UK players in an open gym!!!!!!!!!! Give him time, and I'm sure success will lie in his future!!!! JMO

He can score 25 points a game over guards in this region that barely is 6', and played elite teams 2 or 3 times a season. Tell me what would happen if he played lousiville/lexington teams every game? He would not do this well. And how am i being jealous, when i dont even play ball? Your acting like i was expecting a call from uk to ask me to walk on.
Going to be good to see u in a Kentucky uniform
Super_de Wrote:He can score 25 points a game over guards in this region that barely is 6', and played elite teams 2 or 3 times a season. Tell me what would happen if he played lousiville/lexington teams every game? He would not do this well. And how am i being jealous, when i dont even play ball? Your acting like i was expecting a call from uk to ask me to walk on.

Don't bash Landon. Why do you have to be so negative? Think POSITIVE!!! :Thumbs:
Congrats Landon!!! He is a great player and will be a solid contributor for the Cats. Go get 'em Tiger!!