Poll: Who Wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Kentucky Wildcats
76.47%
Marquette Golden Eagles
23.53%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
#11 Kentucky vs. #6 Marquette (1st Round NCAA Tournament)
rosebud Wrote:Sorry to say this, but Stanford would have the SEC for lunch. I have seen Stanford at least 12 times and Tennessee is the only SEC team that could give them a good game or beat them on a consistant basis.

As far as UK, they have to beat a tough Marquette first. UK will have to have Stephenson show up and play great during the NCAA's.

I am dead sick of everyone saying that the pac 10 is the best confrence in the country. And another thing. O.J mayo isnt even in the same sentence as people like Michael Beasley or Tyler Hansborough..so espn stop acting like he is God!
Hopefully UK can pull it off, Maybe Billy G should give Pitino a call and ask him how he beat them twice this year.
I would love to see UK win this one but I dont think they can, and even if they do and then have to possibly play Stanford in the next round, Stanford will beat them. UK has no one to contend with the Lopez brothers.
first of all the Pac 10 is the sorriest conf in sports in any sport as far as Stanford any team in the SEC could beat them they are to slow and big O.J. Mayo what a joke that is.
rallo316 Wrote:first of all the Pac 10 is the sorriest conf in sports in any sport as far as Stanford any team in the SEC could beat them they are to slow and big O.J. Mayo what a joke that is.

O.J. Mayo don't play for Stanford. I'm not sure what he has to do with it? UCLA is pretty good and so are a few teams in that conference.
PLAYBOY5;532684[B Wrote:]I think UK got the best possible scenario of any team 8 and higher[/B]! We play a solid Marquette team and if we win, we will more than likely play a Stanford team who probably wouldn't go .500 in the SEC!

I would have to disagree with that. I think another #11 seed, Baylor, got a comparatively easier path to the Sweet 16. I would've loved to play Purdue in the first round rather than Marquette, and then get Xavier in the second round instead of Stanford. I know we couldn't have been in the same pod with Georgia (Xavier's #14 seed opponenet), but maybe the Bulldogs could've been shipped out west instead of us.

Oh well. I agree that Marquette can't beat us on the inside, but with their good guard play and our lack of depth, I'm afraid that Crawford and the other guys may be worn out by the second half. Hope I'm wrong, but I think we lose this one by about 6.
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Braves_Fan_26 Wrote:I would love to see UK win this one but I dont think they can, and even if they do and then have to possibly play Stanford in the next round, Stanford will beat them. UK has no one to contend with the Lopez brothers.
Coury and Carter Smile
uk takes this one
RavenBoy Wrote:Coury and Carter Smile

Yea we could try and Shagari Auyleein and Orbzut back too. Yea I don't know about the spelling?
rallo316 Wrote:first of all the Pac 10 is the sorriest conf in sports in any sport as far as Stanford any team in the SEC could beat them they are to slow and big O.J. Mayo what a joke that is.

WELL SAID!
Cats getting 6 points. I still dont like 'em in this game. They go from a smooth-running Cadillac one game, to a trainwreck the next. That doesnt cut it come tourney time. Plus, Marquette is one of about 3 teams I have really been intrigued by the last month or so. Gimme 16 and I'll take some action, but not 6. Hopefully they prove me wrong.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Ring'Em Up Wrote:Cats getting 6 points. I still dont like 'em in this game. They go from a smooth-running Cadillac one game, to a trainwreck the next. That doesnt cut it come tourney time. Marquette is one of about 3 teams I have really been intrigued by the last month or so. Gimme 16 and I'll take some action, but not 6. Hopefully they prove me wrong.

6 points isn't worth anything. I can't believe they are getting that.
If we can make it past this game, I think we can make it to Texas.
WAKE up UK is lucky to even in this field MARQUETTE by 15.
ballcrazy Wrote:WAKE up UK is lucky to even in this field MARQUETTE by 15.
It shocks me that you would say that since you hate UK. :ChairHit: