Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Pikeville High School Head Coach: Michael Copley
I was told minutes ago by a very reliable source that Michael Copley has been given the head coaching position at Pikeville High School. He will hold a press conference tomorrow afternoon. Congratulations Coach there is no better man for the job!!! You Deserve it, Way To Go!:thumpsup::thumpsup:
Congrats Copley.. Bring home some titles!
Unless there is a valid news source, or validation from the press conference, this will labeled as a rumor.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Don't count your chickens just yet...press conference is tomorrow at 4p.
ComfortEagle Wrote:Unless there is a valid news source, or validation from the press conference, this will labeled as a rumor.

Gotcha!
Thanks for the info P-Villain.
"Please, say it ain't so!"

If this is true...... the administration, site-based council, and athletic committee at Pikeville High School have further retarded the growth of Pikeville Football!

As an alumn and a taxpayer, I really feel cheated! Can they not find a more viable, experienced, and successful "Head Coach"?

I am officially boycotting.... if this rumor holds true!
I may never pay my "City School Tax" again! I will never make a donation tothe program and encourage my friends to do the same!

What a joke! I have never felt more betrayed and insulted in my life! What a farce by the "committee".... Way to go guys!!

You have single-handedly just set PHS football back another 10 years!

Hollywood should make a movie on PHS Football titled.... "You Will Never Win Anything Again....EVER!!"
Tell us how you really feel God of Thunder LOL
Unbelievable.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
God of Thunder Wrote:I may never pay my "City School Tax" again! I will never make a donation tothe program and encourage my friends to do the same!

What a joke! I have never felt more betrayed and insulted in my life! What a farce by the "committee".... Way to go guys!!

Hollywood should make a movie on PHS Football titled.... "You Will Never Win Anything Again....EVER!!"

Are you basing this on the fact that he has never been a head coach? I can tell you that reactions like this is why more qualified "head coaches" don't want to come to Pikeville and coach! Be happy that you have someone that will work hard and give his all to your program:redboxer:
They are a lot of coaches and fans pleased to hear that the committee and Principal at Pikeville High School have chosen Copley to run the football program. Some from the Pikeville community and a bunch from the teams on their schedule.
God of Thunder Wrote:I may never pay my "City School Tax" again! I will never make a donation tothe program and encourage my friends to do the same!

I would say that the attitude you have toward this that PHS would rather you just keep your 50 cents.
Congats to Coach Copley! The best of luck to you and your entire staff. The community will be behind you 100%
I think its a good move, at least they have some stability in the program. Not only that he is a really good coach just never has been given the chance as a head football coach. The kids love him and most of all the community is behind him except for a select few such as God of Thunder lol. Now with a coach that the Pikeville Community actually will back up it will take a lot of tension away from the job. Good Move by Pikeville!
FOX SPORTS Wrote:Don't count your chickens just yet...press conference is tomorrow at 4p.

It's not a rumor, Site-base met tonight. The press confrence will be at the Pikeville High School library tomorrow at 4:00 pm.
Ring'Em Up Wrote:Unbelievable.

Unbelievable (That you would support Hillary). Just joking!LOL. Are you saying unbelievable in a good way or bad way?
Michael Copley is a more qualified coach than anyone that applied for the job. If you haven't played for him you have no idea how his coaching style works.

*Edited for spelling/grammar.
Chuck Taylor Wrote:Thanks for the info P-Villain.

I hope you are willing to stick by your word and support the new coach!
gymrat Wrote:It's not a rumor, Site-base met tonight. The press confrence will be at the Pikeville High School library tomorrow at 4:00 pm.

Yes it is. It is hearsay until the press conference occurs, until something is published, or until someone on the staff of this site is given proof.

"Hearing" from someone else is not validation. Just because there was a meeting does not mean Copley is the new coach, nor does it mean any decision was made at all.

Do you know how easy it would be for someone to get on here and say "I have reliable sources and they say that so-and-so will be the new coach."

Now, I'm not saying that's what has happened, but until we have further proof we cannot remove the "rumor" label.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
How does anyone know how his style works??
I know how his coaching style works because I have played under it, and IMO it is very effective.

*Edited for spelling/grammar.
Glad to hear, I was just wondering where he was head coach?
ComfortEagle Wrote:Yes it is. It is hearsay until the press conference occurs, until something is published, or until someone on the staff of this site is given proof.

"Hearing" from someone else is not validation. Just because there was a meeting does not mean Copley is the new coach, nor does it mean any decision was made at all.

Do you know how easy it would be for someone to get on here and say "I have reliable sources and they say that so-and-so will be the new coach."

Now, I'm not saying that's what has happened, but until we have further proof we cannot remove the "rumor" label.

OK! I understand what your saying, that's fair enough. But I'll sure sleep better tonight. I hope everyone else has a good nights sleep too.
If he gets the Pikeville job that would be his first head coaching job.
ComfortEagle Wrote:Unless there is a valid news source, or validation from the press conference, this will labeled as a rumor.
This isn't a rumor. I talked to Copley about 3 hours ago and he told me himself.

Congrats Coach, best of luck to you next season!

*Edited for spelling/grammar
Then I guess we really do not know his system.... Anyway if he is the new head coach then all Pikeville fans need to get behind him and support him!!
HoRnEt4EvEr Wrote:This isn't a rumor. I talked to Copley about 3 hours ago and he told me himself.

Congrats Coach, best of luck to you next season!

And why should we consider this a valid source of information?

Do you not understand that ANYONE can get on here and say that?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
BlueSky Wrote:Then I guess we really do not know his system.... Anyway if he is the new head coach then all Pikeville fans need to get behind him and support him!!

That will not happen. Sorry, but it won't. He will be welcomed by some and the recipient of much scrutiny from others. The Pikeville job is similar to the UK basketball position. Some will love him, but there will always be those who compare every coach to Hillard Howard and there's no satisfying them.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Information has been verified. Hopefully everyone still tunes in to the press conference just to be sure. I remember a similar situation a few years ago.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]