Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Transfer at Knott Central?
Did Knott Central get a transfer today from JBS?
Benchwarmer Wrote:Did Knott Central get a transfer today from JBS?
I havent heard of any, of course I live in Louisville. :howdy:
Yes. Nason Roberts a 6'4 F/C is now at Knott County Central as of today. He will be a sophomore next year and should add good talent to an already loaded Patriot team next year.
#1ukfan Wrote:Yes. Nason Roberts a 6'4 F/C is now at Knott County Central as of today. He will be a sophomore next year and should add good talent to an already loaded Patriot team next year.
Maybe Collins and Cox might go to KCC after all lol Smile
Nason is a fantastic player and will add greatly to our JV and Varsity teams next year! Here's anticipating a highly successful 08-09 Patriot Season!
Nason is a very good young player with good size and shooting touch and if he continues to improve has a really good future at KCC....
Tate is suppose to be at KCC Monday.
Overrated Wrote:Tate is suppose to be at KCC Monday.

How sure are you of this? This could be a big move - big loss for JBS and big gain for the Patriots.
Overrated Wrote:Tate is suppose to be at KCC Monday.

Was this from a source close to the situation? I've not heard a thing about this. :confused:
#1ukfan Wrote:Was this from a source close to the situation? I've not heard a thing about this. :confused:
IT could happen Monday but there is no exact timetable because a couple of things have to be worked out but you can bet that Tate and a few others will be at KCC,,,
Collins would go to LCC before he would go to KCC
I doubt very seriously that Tate would go to a school that has their coaching situation still undecided. Looks to me that he would weigh all his options over the summer and then decide. No need to hurry. he can be a great asset to any team. he may want to go somewhere that the Coaching staff doesn't have an agenda(Letcher Central, Shelby Valley). Good luck to him wherever he goes.
I have a friend whom has ties with JBS and her father or aunt or something talked to Tates father and said he may be here monday, but before the end of the year. I DON"T KNOW HOW TRUE IT IS. But the girl does not know anything about the basketball programs so she wouldn't know about Tate transferring, The future looks bright for KCC.
I doubt tate will transfer. Hes going to be the star at jbs next season. Why leave???
JBS is closing their k-8 program this year at the end of the semester, and possibly the high school after next year. So why would the kids stay another year knowing the school might not even be their for their senior year. JBS will have no one but a Stepp and that is not even a definite. He could also be leaving from the word out of Pippa Passes. Probably headed to University Heights to be closer to Austin P University where Clark will probably end up if he doesn't walk on at UK.
Don't go to KCC Tate! GO to SV or LCC!
mountain hoops guru Wrote:JBS is closing their k-8 program this year at the end of the semester, and possibly the high school after next year. So why would the kids stay another year knowing the school might not even be their for their senior year. JBS will have no one but a Stepp and that is not even a definite. He could also be leaving from the word out of Pippa Passes. Probably headed to University Heights to be closer to Austin P University where Clark will probably end up if he doesn't walk on at UK.
I would like to see Clark go to Austin P but I think they have not offered because they are trying to get another kid first.
What grade is the Roberts kid in?
-STAT- Wrote:What grade is the Roberts kid in?
He is a freshman....He has alot of potential if he continues to improve....He is about 6'4" forward and shoots the ball really well from the perimeter...Will make a very nice player at some point...Maybe next year...
uk96 Wrote:He is a freshman....He has alot of potential if he continues to improve....He is about 6'4" forward and shoots the ball really well from the perimeter...Will make a very nice player at some point...Maybe next year...
lol 6'4?? I was guessing more along the lines of 6'1 or something.
HazzBeen Wrote:Don't go to KCC Tate! GO to SV or LCC!
Go to valley!!
globetrotter12 Wrote:lol 6'4?? I was guessing more along the lines of 6'1 or something.
Man I dont know what you are talking about but I promise you Roberts is not 6'1".....
bobcatfan22 Wrote:I doubt tate will transfer. Hes going to be the star at jbs next season. Why leave???

He would be the best player next year, correct, but there is Clint Stepp.
Just heard from reliable source that Tate Cox starts school Monday at Knott Co. Nason Roberts has already transferred. Garrison Collins and Brent Hall are to follow. New coach at Knott will be Cavanaugh Trent(asst for Letcher). two new asst coaches will be Josh Cook(asst at JBS) and Kent Campbell(asst at Perry). Looks like things are shaping up for KCC. Bringing in a good coaching staff and great players.
bigblue4ever Wrote:Just heard from reliable source that Tate Cox starts school Monday at Knott Co. Nason Roberts has already transferred. Garrison Collins and Brent Hall are to follow. New coach at Knott will be Cavanaugh Trent(asst for Letcher). two new asst coaches will be Josh Cook(asst at JBS) and Kent Campbell(asst at Perry). Looks like things are shaping up for KCC. Bringing in a good coaching staff and great players.

From what I've heard...a school in hindman, KY is going to have a VERY bright future =)
Just heard from a reliable source that Tate Cox is found roaming in the halls at KCC this morning and has in fact enrolled there.
Congrats to KCC. Any team would be lucky to have this kid. Unfortunately for him he may have just went from the "Stepp" show to the "Stamper" show.
bobcatfan22 Wrote:I doubt tate will transfer. Hes going to be the star at jbs next season. Why leave???
Do you really think that Tate would have a chance at doing what he is capable of at JBS? They have shut him down for the last 2years, as much as they could and they still have Clint, who would be the top dog. No more coaching from them "one play dudes"
I'm sorry but I am kind of having a problem with the most recent posts. There are posts saying that Tate is enrolled into KCC. If he is, fine; if he's not, fine. BUT... These have been posted during school hours. Therefore these are adults who are making these posts. I just think it's kind of freaky that adults will "stalk" a high school boy to the point that they know if he is walking the hallways or not at a specific school. They have either had to call the school, or have a student there that they are close to call them. If school personnel has released that information to outsiders not only is that very disappointing but illegal! Either way around that is being just flat out nosy and I think it's kind of weird for people to be so obsessed over a high school boy to the point of invaiding his personal life to the point that you know he has transfered before the first day school has even dismissed.
LetcherCentral23 Wrote:I'm sorry but I am kind of having a problem with the most recent posts. There are posts saying that Tate is enrolled into KCC. If he is, fine; if he's not, fine. BUT... These have been posted during school hours. Therefore these are adults who are making these posts. I just think it's kind of freaky that adults will "stalk" a high school boy to the point that they know if he is walking the hallways or not at a specific school. They have either had to call the school, or have a student there that they are close to call them. If school personnel has released that information to outsiders not only is that very disappointing but illegal! Either way around that is being just flat out nosy and I think it's kind of weird for people to be so obsessed over a high school boy to the point of invaiding his personal life to the point that you know he has transfered before the first day school has even dismissed.
Once again, Students can get on the internet at school and tell us whats going on.