Poll: Who Wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Shelby Valley Wildcats
64.23%
Prestonsburg Blackcats
35.77%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
15th Region Tournament: Shelby Valley vs. Prestonsburg
Predictions?

March 6, 2008
6:30 p.m.
Shelby Valley by 15.
Shelby Valley by 24.
Valley easily.
Valley by 27
Was hoping we wouldn't have to play them first round.
Well... We couldn't even beat Allen Central full-court press so I don't expect us to much of anything against Valley's press. That is what JD Crisp should have the Blackcats practicing the whole week, so its really in the players hands on how the game goes. We need to go down low to Nat Stephens because he is our most consistent player, Jody Tackett needs to go to the basket alot more because he gets there better than anyone else, Taylor Clark is what really controls the outcome of this game for the Blackcats because he played a real sloppy one against the Rebels, Hall is going to have to calm down when gets the ball but he did drop 35 on Valley the last time they played.

Prestonsburg is just going to have to slow the game down to there pace which will be hard to do but there more than capable of doing it. We cannot come out and start firing the 3-ball either. Work the ball around like we did in the Betsy Layne game and get the ball inside to Stephens and we have a shot at winning. But not once this season have we consistently fed Stephens the ball so I'll take Valley by 20+.

Prove me wrong Blackcats!
Wildcats by 30 or more!!!
SV by 15+
Shelby Valley
SV
Valley should win easily. Lets just hope that they do not get too confident looking toward a Wildcats - Tigers match-up in the semis! Its now March- and anything is possible!!!
Shelby Valley
I dont think Pburg as a chance in this one.
SV
Valley by 20
Really don't see P-burg having a chance, Wildcat pressure D is too much for anyone in this region, the only team that hasn't been eaten alive by it is Paintsville, but that is soon to come.
PC_You_Know Wrote:Really don't see P-burg having a chance, Wildcat pressure D is too much for anyone in this region, the only team that hasn't been eaten alive by it is Paintsville, but that is soon to come.

Thats some very strong words, but Paintsville dont have to eat them if they loseBig Grin
Lets try and keep this thread on-topic.
Valley!!
Valley by 15
valley by 15+
I like SV by 20

:kneel:
blackcat_student Wrote:Well... We couldn't even beat Allen Central full-court press so I don't expect us to much of anything against Valley's press. That is what JD Crisp should have the Blackcats practicing the whole week, so its really in the players hands on how the game goes. We need to go down low to Nat Stephens because he is our most consistent player, Jody Tackett needs to go to the basket alot more because he gets there better than anyone else, Taylor Clark is what really controls the outcome of this game for the Blackcats because he played a real sloppy one against the Rebels, Hall is going to have to calm down when gets the ball but he did drop 35 on Valley the last time they played.

Prestonsburg is just going to have to slow the game down to there pace which will be hard to do but there more than capable of doing it. We cannot come out and start firing the 3-ball either. Work the ball around like we did in the Betsy Layne game and get the ball inside to Stephens and we have a shot at winning. But not once this season have we consistently fed Stephens the ball so I'll take Valley by 20+.

Prove me wrong Blackcats!

How many time did he shoot the ball?
on the other hand Valley is to Athletic I look for them to get inside easily I'll take them by 25+.
Black_Rebel23 Wrote:How many time did he shoot the ball?
on the other hand Valley is to Athletic I look for them to get inside easily I'll take them by 25+.

Not sure on that but he went off in the second half of that game, and showed what he was truly capable of.
The only thing these two teams have in common is they both beat the crap out of Lawrence County. So i'll definetly take Shelby Valley in this one by 30+ plus also and I look for Shelby Valley to back up their press after the first half to save their legs for the semi-finals.
blackcat_student Wrote:Not sure on that but he went off in the second half of that game, and showed what he was truly capable of.

lets hope he can do it again.
Cats win! lol
Valley easily.
#1catfan Wrote:Valley should win easily. Lets just hope that they do not get too confident looking toward a Wildcats - Tigers match-up in the semis! Its now March- and anything is possible!!!
Well said! Valley should have no problems.