Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
June Buchanan 72 - Prestonburg 57
Final.
ahh, good try blackcats... congrats JBS.
Really fun game to watch, looked like the Prestonsburg student section bothered Clark Stepp alot because he tried to do a few things on his own when they did there chants, I'd say that Clark had around 12pts, but none of the Blackcats had an answer for Clint Stepp & Tate Cox, as they both drained numerous 3 point baskets. Prestonsburg didn't hit many shots late in the game but they played a real good team game. Taylor Clark played good on both sides of the ball for Prestonsburg as he pick pocketed Clark Stepp a few times and those turned into easy baskets for the Blackcats. I really liked the way Prestonsburg got the ball to Stephens tonight, he didn't have an outstanding game but I'm sure its one that JD Crisp will appreciate.

Congrats Crusaders... Great effort Blackcats!
The Blackcats played a real good game through three quarters. The fourht quarter JBS was too much and stretched it out a little..It was all in all a good game. Clint Stepp(i think thats his name) had a great game and shot the lights out from three!
I think the Blackcats played great team ball tonight and i'm real proud of them, for playing with such a great team, and this is the kind of play i want to see the rest of the year by the cats
oh yea and congrats to JBS and Clint Stepp's, he was lights out from three and just nothing you can do when someone gets that way
Clint Stepp played amazing tonight, he pretty much beat us.
Congrats JBS
congrats JBS
Good game to watch, Prestonsburg played really good tonight I'm proud of the way they moved the ball around and got it to Stephens down low. Clark Stepp seemed to be bothered by the student section of the Blackcats, it looked as if he forced some things when they yelled at him. Clint Stepp had a great game and didnt seem to miss from 3 point land. Congrats to JBS on the win.
how many did Clint have?
MVP2 Wrote:how many did Clint have?

Not sure on how many he had, he hit i think 4 or 5 three's could be more though i'll try to find some stats.
Im pretty sure he had more himslef than Prestonsburg had as a team.. He went crazy.
Cannot believe it was this close!
PLAYBOY5 Wrote:Cannot believe it was this close!

It was back and forth in the first half but in the second half JBS kept it around 5-10 point leads, until the end when they starting fouling.

But like I've stated before, Prestonsburg isn't as bad as everyone thinks they are.
blackcat_student Wrote:It was back and forth in the first half but in the second half JBS kept it around 5-10 point leads, until the end when they starting fouling.

But like I've stated before, Prestonsburg isn't as bad as everyone thinks they are.
I totally agree.. The Blackcats are a real good team when they want to be. Sometimes tey come out and play great and then soemtimes they are jus horrible.. The Blackcats can really do some damage in the tournament if they want to.
This game was officiated bad like always at pburg, thats how pburg stayed in the game. Clint Stepp had 6 3's. Tate just wouldnt shoot, needs to be less unselfish, because IMO he's the best player on the team. Clark played decent, and he had more than 12 points. My guess would be around 25 total, but it was a quiet 25. Very sloppy game both ways, but JBS was just too good even playing 5 on 7. Congrats JBS
BballFan25 Wrote:This game was officiated bad like always at pburg, thats how pburg stayed in the game. Clint Stepp had 6 3's. Tate just wouldnt shoot, needs to be less unselfish, because IMO he's the best player on the team. Clark played decent, and he had more than 12 points. My guess would be around 25 total, but it was a quiet 25. Very sloppy game both ways, but JBS was just too good even playing 5 on 7. Congrats JBS

You won and you are complaining about the refs? nice man
congrats jbs. good to see you are back to your winning ways.
BballFan25 Wrote:This game was officiated bad like always at pburg, thats how pburg stayed in the game. Clint Stepp had 6 3's. Tate just wouldnt shoot, needs to be less unselfish, because IMO he's the best player on the team. Clark played decent, and he had more than 12 points. My guess would be around 25 total, but it was a quiet 25. Very sloppy game both ways, but JBS was just too good even playing 5 on 7. Congrats JBS

:confused:...Rolleyes...Smile

Are you kidding me... Bad officiating?

From my understanding you guys were in the double-bonus to end the game and JBS only had 7 fouls called on them. Prestonsburg is more physical than most teams but it seemed to me like you guys got away with a lot of traveling calls. Prestonsburg head coach Jackie Day Crisp even got a technical in the first half. So how was it 5 on 7?

From what I saw at the game the refs didnt play much of a role in the way the game went. Maybe a bad call for each team, Prestonsburg stayed in this game because they played hard, like blackcat_student stated the Blackcats can play good when they want to and tonight was one of those nights IMO.
First of all, I didn't care who won, im not a fan of either one. The fouls were uneven because Pburg fouled to try to get back in it late in the game, when they first started fouling in the last couple of minutes, it was 7 fouls against JBS and 6 against pburg. You are right that they are more physical, which means they normally would get more fouls called against them and they do everywhere but on their home floor. To be honest, JBS is overrated but still is 25+ pts better than pburg. Im not taking away from either team, just giving my honest opinion.
BballFan25 Wrote:First of all, I didn't care who won, im not a fan of either one. The fouls were uneven because Pburg fouled to try to get back in it late in the game, when they first started fouling in the last couple of minutes, it was 7 fouls against JBS and 6 against pburg. You are right that they are more physical, which means they normally would get more fouls called against them and they do everywhere but on their home floor. To be honest, JBS is overrated but still is 25+ pts better than pburg. Im not taking away from either team, just giving my honest opinion.

JBS sure didn't show a 25+ pt better team tonight. They played great and deserved the win, but saying they are that much better than pburg, who played great tonight and held with JBS until the fourth quarter is some major disrespect to all of prestonsburgs players.
BballFan25 Wrote:First of all, I didn't care who won, im not a fan of either one. The fouls were uneven because Pburg fouled to try to get back in it late in the game, when they first started fouling in the last couple of minutes, it was 7 fouls against JBS and 6 against pburg. You are right that they are more physical, which means they normally would get more fouls called against them and they do everywhere but on their home floor. To be honest, JBS is overrated but still is 25+ pts better than pburg. Im not taking away from either team, just giving my honest opinion.

Well IMO the refs did their job tonight calling calls on both sides. Ever since beating Allen Central by 10 I've heard nothing but complaints about the refs being bias to Prestonsburg on their homecourt sounds to me like somebody is a sore loser and wants to blame everything on the refs.
blackcatfan_48 Wrote:Well IMO the refs did their job tonight calling calls on both sides. Ever since beating Allen Central by 10 I've heard nothing but complaints about the refs being bias to Prestonsburg on their homecourt sounds to me like somebody is a sore loser and wants to blame everything on the refs.

I agree with this are refs are pretty fare i mean sure every refs going to make a bad call once in awhile. As for Clark i don't think he had over 20 points he only made a couple free throws and maybe a lay up or 2. Also i agree that some people need to stop being sore loser and face the fact that the lose.
Congrats Pburg on a solid effort tonight and they showed that if they move the ball around and stay patient they can play with about anyone. But to say reffing was horrible thats just completely wrong. JBS went over the back all night and didnt get a single one called which is what led to the technical. Also they treat Clark Stepp like he is Michael Jordan or something it seems like. He walked all night and they didnt call it. To my understanding when you do a pro hop you cant take 2 steps after it which is what he done a couple different times tonight. Someone correct me if im wrong. But JBS is a great team and congrats to them on the win and congrats to Clint Stepp on an amazing shooting performance.
The refs played no part in this game. This was a well played game by both teams. Someone always has to complain about the refs no matter what. People just need to stop being cry babies and get over it. Especially when they are complaining bout the WINNING team getting screwed on fouls. It makes no sense.
IBleedRed Wrote:The refs played no part in this game. This was a well played game by both teams. Someone always has to complain about the refs no matter what. People just need to stop being cry babies and get over it. Especially when they are complaining bout the WINNING team getting screwed on fouls. It makes no sense.
I agree.
I'm tired of the complaints on refs, if they are a good enough team they will win not matter what, and thats what JBS did. But I doubt the officiating was that bad for JBS or they wouldn't have pulled away like that.
I was at the game. I must say the blackcats played much much better, especially in the first half. I expected JB to be much more agressive and push the ball harder, they did not. Clint Stepp had 20, Clark had I believe 18 and Tate with 10. This is the stats I heard from the TV replay. Clint Stepp was the difference in the game imo because he just kept drilling the trey everytime the blackcats would make a run. Oh yes, how any JB fan could complain about the refs amazes me. JB's big man was over the back all night and Clark was doing the dipsy do jump step walk all night. There is no doubt that coach JD Crisp is the most laid back coach in the area, but tonight he became totally unglued on the ref because of the constant over the back "not being made". Anyway, JB won the game and has a nice team. Pburg played better.....than usual.