Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
This is weird. Does anyone have an explanation?
OK, so I get back from the grocery store, and decide that tonight I want to have have chicken salad sandwiches along with some egg and potato salad.

Now, I had to boil the potatoes, so that's no big deal. And boil the eggs, again, no big deal.

OK, so before I start boiling the eggs, I get into the cabinet above the stove and get out the vinegar. I put some vinegar in the boiling egg water and then put the vinegar back up.

15-20 minutes later, after everything is done boiling, I get the salt and pepper out of the cabinet above the stove. Nothing odd has happened at this point.

So I'm mixing some of the stuff in a bowl, when I turn around and see that there is a brown liquid all over the cabinet above the stove. It almost looked like soda. It's not dripping onto anything but it's clearly running down the door of the cabinet and it's all over the cabinets. Some of it had even dried.

I looked all through the cabinet for anything that may have been leaking and could have caused it, but there was nothing. Everything was securely tightened and there was nothing in the cabinet that appeared to have caused it. Also, the liquid wasn't on anything else in the kitchen.

I'm confused as to how this happened. I don't know why all of the sudden there was a brown liquid on the cabinet or where it came from.

???
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Well, must have had something to do with the Vinegar I am thinking.
BlackcatFootball Wrote:Well, must have had something to do with the Vinegar I am thinking.

That's what I thought too, but the vinegar is clear, and the cap was on tight when I checked it.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
hmm? sounds like you have a brown liquid ghost.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
The steam from the water may have caused a condensation on the door. I have noticed this on mine before when I had older cabinets. If you have cabinets that have been varnished, sometimes the heat from the steam will draw the varnish from the wood and after it cools it will appear as if something has been splashed there.
Ridge Runner Wrote:The steam from the water may have caused a condensation on the door. I have noticed this on mine before when I had older cabinets. If you have cabinets that have been varnished, sometimes the heat from the steam will draw the varnish from the wood and after it cools it will appear as if something has been splashed there.
True...has happened here.

But I like the ghost theory moreBig Grin
Ridge Runner Wrote:The steam from the water may have caused a condensation on the door. I have noticed this on mine before when I had older cabinets. If you have cabinets that have been varnished, sometimes the heat from the steam will draw the varnish from the wood and after it cools it will appear as if something has been splashed there.

To my knowledge they have not been varnished. They are currently covered in white paint.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Supergalactic Profilactic Ectoplasmic Residue....the sprit world willsometimes leave this behind if they depart this world QUICKLY,,, It probably had to go POOP after the Vinegar abd Boiled Eggs.. I know I would and youwould not want to be around what I WOULD LEAVE BEHIND !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Romans 14:11
It is written: " 'As surely as I live,' says the Lord, 'every knee will bow before me; every tongue will confess to God.' "
ComfortEagle Wrote:To my knowledge they have not been varnished. They are currently covered in white paint.

Well, I can only think of two other reason then. One, If any one in the house smokes or smoke from cooking. Over time, it tends to leave a film on things and the steam mixed with the smoke film. Two, you need to wash your cobinets every once and awhile. J/K lol
DEVILOLOGIST Wrote:Supergalactic Profilactic Ectoplasmic Residue....the sprit world willsometimes leave this behind if they depart this world QUICKLY,,, It probably had to go POOP after the Vinegar abd Boiled Eggs.. I know I would and youwould not want to be around what I WOULD LEAVE BEHIND !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OMG! That aint right man! lol :dump:
Ridge Runner Wrote:Well, I can only think of two other reason then. One, If any one in the house smokes or smoke from cooking. Over time, it tends to leave a film on things and the steam mixed with the smoke film. Two, you need to wash your cobinets every once and awhile. J/K lol

I've burnt a few things in my time, so that might be an explanation.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Sounds like your apartment is haunted to me. You had better move.

lol