Wilder, 18
Puckett, 15
Wright, 10
Stephens, 4
Grimm,4
Hunsucker, 2
Corbitt, 2

Community Trust Player of the game: Deven Adams, 20 points, 11 rebounds
It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It is the size of the fight in the dog.
Nice job Pikeville! Things seem to be coming together close to tourney time....
Congrats Pikeville..
Congrats Pikeville
Congrats Pikeville
Great game Guys..
Good job Panthers....Congrats!
I think the panthers could have played a lot better tonight. The score was closer than the score showed and with a struggling jenkins team the panthers arent playing their best ball right now imo.If they played tonight like they did against Jenkins then they would have beat these guys tonight by 30 imo.
HAIL PIKEVILLE! Wrote:I think the panthers could have played a lot better tonight. The score was closer than the score showed and with a struggling jenkins team the panthers arent playing their best ball right now imo.If they played tonight like they did against Jenkins then they would have beat these guys tonight by 30 imo.

?, Can you elaborate because they did play jenkins.

venom93 Wrote:Nice job Pikeville! Things seem to be coming together close to tourney time....

Not even close to coming together. I think their headed in the other direction. Have not played with any intensity or fire since the all A. Been to a couple of games since, players arguing with each other, last night one player fouls out, then starts arguing with an asst. coach. Did not look like a team coming together, Bart better be careful or it could be an early out for the Panthers.
I wasn't at the game. What player was arguing with the asst. coach and what asst. coach was involved?
stripminer Wrote:Not even close to coming together. I think their headed in the other direction. Have not played with any intensity or fire since the all A. Been to a couple of games since, players arguing with each other, last night one player fouls out, then starts arguing with an asst. coach. Did not look like a team coming together, Bart better be careful or it could be an early out for the Panthers.
I agree, the Panthers are not playing their best ball. Hopefully they will get it together! I guess they are still finding ways to win, 3 wins this week, 2 were rivalries. It appears to be that the chemistry is out of sink. I hope they get it fixed by Tuesday night, Perry Central is playing great right now. All of the Pikeville coaches were really mad after this game, they stayed in the locker room forever. I don't see them letting selfish players stay around, especially this late in the season.
Sorry my bad i said jenkins oops lol. I meant paintsville and valley in the all a sorry about the confusion. Also i heard Gatlin Clark quit is there any truth to this. I think it was him that argued with an asst. coach last night.
HAIL PIKEVILLE! Wrote:Sorry my bad i said jenkins oops lol. I meant paintsville and valley in the all a sorry about the confusion. Also i heard gatlin Clark quiet is there any truth to this.
Yes there is turth to it. He has quit. That is a big hurt to the Panthers.
I really think this almost kills Pikeville's chances of claiming a regional title this year. He was the best ball defender and a solid offensive player, and the only player who would get it to Adams on a consistent basis. Well, I know from experience this isn't the first person screwed over by the basketball organization. Hopefully, Gatlin will continue to work on his game because he is a special player. He has made the choice that had to be made due to principles and I applaud him for being true to himself. Good Luck, and keeping working. I going to miss watching "the gun" for the time being.
HAIL PIKEVILLE! Wrote:Sorry my bad i said jenkins oops lol. I meant paintsville and valley in the all a sorry about the confusion. Also i heard Gatlin Clark quit is there any truth to this. I think it was him that argued with an asst. coach last night.
It was, but considering the circumstances it wasn't unwarranted.
If he did quit, then in the short run it will hurt Pikeville. In the long run it will help them. A team doesnt need players that quit 3/4th the way threw the season. There are other players just as talented but lacking the experience that Clark gained this season.
It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It is the size of the fight in the dog.
BasketBallonlyfan Wrote:If he did quit, then in the short run it will hurt Pikeville. In the long run it will help them. A team doesnt need players that quit 3/4th the way threw the season. There are other players just as talented but lacking the experience that Clark gained this season.
True. But believe me he loves the game and loves Pikeville and is a dedicated athlete, and he wouldn't have quit if there was reason to do so. Maybe other players would have handled the situation differently, but that is no one else's decision but his own. And he had to have felt that this was what was right and needed due to the events that had unfolded over the past year.
As of right now, I think it is just a rumor. He hasnt missed any games, practices or anything of that nature.
Nice win Panthers. I wish it was without all the turmoil.
TRAIN85 Wrote:Nice win Panthers.

This was not a nice win. Pikeville struggled to pull away from a team with a 7-15 record that doens't have one quality win on the season...