Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Johnson Central vs. Pikeville 1-29
Pikeville travels to take on the Golden Eagles in another 15th region matchup. Pikeville is coming off of three very good games, with a 11 point win over 9-4 Phelps, a 11 point win over 15-3 Shelby Valley, and a 3 point loss to 18-2 Paintsville in double overtime. Thoughts on this one? Mine will be Pikeville by at least 15.
It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It is the size of the fight in the dog.
As I said in the earlier thread Panthers by 10-20.
I didnt see the other thread. Can someone delete this one?
It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It is the size of the fight in the dog.
Pikeville is hotter than fire. The double OT loss the the Tigers might fuel this bunch. I wish the Eagles luck but I have to go with Pikeville.
Pikeville by 15
This will be a very good game. This is a another tough game for the Panthers because of the emotional games that they have been playing lately. This game will be a close one.
Panther Thunder Wrote:As I said in the earlier thread Panthers by 10-20.

I also posted in the other thread. I'd say Pikeville by 20+.
Will be closer than people think...
Pikeville is coming off a heartbreaking double OT loss to Paintsville. It's hard to tell how a team will react after such an emotional game (and tournament) that Pikeville had in the All A. JC hasn't been playing great lately though, I take Pikeville in a close game. Panthers by 9 jmo
Pikeville by 8...IMO Adams will be close to or have a triple-double in this one...
Junk Yard Dog Wrote:Pikeville is coming off a heartbreaking double OT loss to Paintsville. It's hard to tell how a team will react after such an emotional game (and tournament) that Pikeville had in the All A. JC hasn't been playing great lately though, I take Pikeville in a close game. Panthers by 9 jmo
I Talked to one of the players last night at Jerry's and saw a couple more and it was obvious they were distraught. But that is expected after the type of game they just played. But knowing many of these guys, they have short memories and want to get back out there and prove to people that they are a real team and not a fluke.
Ill take the panthers by a lot. thinking 20+. they played one **** of a torny this weekend and i look for them to come out ready to start winning again.
A good opponent for Pikeville to bounce back from. Johnson Central a team that has had it's share of problems of defending the post.

Look for Pikeville to win this one.Wink
I'll take the Panthers in this one.
Pikeville by 17.
The Panthers should win this one by at least 10 or more maybe. If they play like they did in the All A they could win it by 20. But JC isn't as bad as their record either.
It will be interesting to see if the Panthers play with as much desire and enthusiasm as they showed in the All "A"... I think Pikeville have a somewhat of a hangover winning by 12.

Good luck to both.
Panthers by 10
Defensively JC is awful. They guard no one. Paintsville scored over 100, Powell County in the 90's. Mckenzie better focus on defense and maybe this team can make some strides.
I agree. Johnson Central's press isn't that strong and their defensive play in the half court set up has allowed many teams to get the ball down low for easy baskets. If they can tighten things up maybe they'll start winning a few more games.