Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
15th Region Predictions 2008
If...Then Wrote:thats all you say is Shelby Valley for everything.

At least state why you think Shelby Valley owns life.

I Agree!!
what was sv's record the past few years?
pike central
Pirate Person Wrote:what was sv's record the past few years?
2000--19-11 15th Region Champ (defeated Pikeville 3-2)
2001--????? Region Semi-Finals (Lost to eventual champ Elkhorn City 6-4)
2002--23-12 59th District Champ & Region Runner-up (Pikeville)
2003--18-14 Region Semi-Finals (lost 1-0 to eventual champ Belfry)
2004--15-16 Region 1st Round (lost 4-3 to eventual champ Belfry)
2005--23-12 15th Region Champ (defeated East Ridge 2-1)
2006--24-13 15th Region Champ (defeated Pikeville 3-0)
2007--19-9 59th District Champ and 15th Region Runner-up (ER 4-3)

They weren't too bad during the 90s either. One thing is certain--all of these teams were a terrific group of young ladies who have battled for everything they have gotten. Nothing has ever been given to them!:Clap:
1) ER- if they can fill their positions of their lost seniors
2) Lawrence County
3) Valley
ER had a good JV team last year, so they should be able to bring some of those players up to fill the vacant positions.
i think lawrence county will be hard to contend with i say they win the district
4uknuts Wrote:ER had a good JV team last year, so they should be able to bring some of those players up to fill the vacant positions.

yea, but you have to admit that those seniors were pretty darn good, its going to be hard to fill their shoes.
1.Johnson Central
2.East Ridge
3.Lawrence County
4.Valley
5.Pikeville
East Ridge will be the team to beat this year!!
Well even though ER was the 15th regional champions in 2007, I doubt they will do it again. they will make a good run at it but will fail in the end...PROVE ME WRONG. IMO this is the way I see it.

1. Lawerence County
2. Shelby Valley
3. East Ridge/Johnson Central
4. Pikeville
5. Paintsville
who will be pitching for pikeville this year?
warriorpride Wrote:Well even though ER was the 15th regional champions in 2007, I doubt they will do it again. they will make a good run at it but will fail in the end...PROVE ME WRONG. IMO this is the way I see it.

1. Lawerence County
2. Shelby Valley
3. East Ridge/Johnson Central
4. Pikeville
5. Paintsville

valley looses there catcher center fielder and shortstop and three best hitters on the team 2nd come on lawerence county at 1st not even close to being that good
HotShot5 Wrote:valley looses there catcher center fielder and shortstop and three best hitters on the team 2nd come on lawerence county at 1st not even close to being that good

well the funny thing about softball is all you have to have is one really good pitcher and you could possibly win the region, so based on that i would say that any of the teams listed(especially the top 3 in the 57th)could win on any given day...i know lawrence has one of the best pitchers, not sure on her name, but central as well paintsville could possibly make a run....does anyone know who paintsville's number 1 will be this season?
OMG Wrote:well the funny thing about softball is all you have to have is one really good pitcher and you could possibly win the region, so based on that i would say that any of the teams listed(especially the top 3 in the 57th)could win on any given day...i know lawrence has one of the best pitchers, not sure on her name, but central as well paintsville could possibly make a run....does anyone know who paintsville's number 1 will be this season?

But, if that awesome pitcher doesn't have a catcher that can stop the ball then you still only have a pitcher. They have to work together as a team.
The best way to have a good pitching & catching team is to have great communication. Build each other up, never get frustrated.
IMO. JCHS should have one of the best teams in the region this year. Hopefully they will secure a great coach. They have a great pitcher & catcher. They have great infielders and lots of young players ready to go. Good luck JCHS.
Yes, It would be great if they could get started.
Lawrence County will be fine with or without Coach D. Those girls are just plain great. They dont need a certain coach, they just love the game and play it very well.
CarD_Krazi_5 Wrote:Lawrence County will be fine with or without Coach D. Those girls are just plain great. They dont need a certain coach, they just love the game and play it very well.

I agree about the girls being fine without Coach D. She was a positive push for them and that's what still they need. I think the rest of the coaching staff hasn't changed much, so that positive should stay with the girls. I heard Coach D is now coaching at Greenup Co. Is that true? Good luck to her there. Big Grin
sportspectator Wrote:I agree about the girls being fine without Coach D. She was a positive push for them and that's what still they need. I think the rest of the coaching staff hasn't changed much, so that positive should stay with the girls. I heard Coach D is now coaching at Greenup Co. Is that true? Good luck to her there. Big Grin
Yes she is coaching at Greenup. These girls have a real shot this year of winning the district and regional if they stay focused.
ERblue4ever Wrote:If you people don't know high school softball please don't comment.
1. East Ridge
2.Pikeville
3.Johnson Central
4.Lawrence County
5. Pike Central
East Ridge will repeat the next 3 Yaers.
Who is that stranded on third base? ER-4 Shelby Valley-3

first off that was really uncalled for..and it shows why all the young ppl have such bad attitudes..

but imo the best teams this year will be (in no certain order) johnson central, shelby valley, east ridge. but ya know i dont agree with everyone acting like east ridge is goin to beat everybody just cause they won last year..yeah they could very well win again but you all are being such rude butts about it and acting like no other team has a shot at anything this year..

and to the thing about why valley fans think valley is so good,,well tell them why you all think east ridge is so stinkin good?!?! cause they are your team to support and you want them to succeed..

but good luck to every team and coach for this upcoming season im sure it will be another great season to follow!!
Pickle-princess Wrote:But, if that awesome pitcher doesn't have a catcher that can stop the ball then you still only have a pitcher. They have to work together as a team.

not if you throw strikes they dont have to be that good, just stick their glove up and catch it, and i will say the best pitcher i seen last year during the 57th boys tournament i walked over and seen the blonde haired girl from lc and if she gets hot this year they could very well run through the region
IDK how good Paintsville will be but watch out for Jesikah Russell, I look for her to have a HUGE year. I've heard she's gotta couple schools lookin at her, anybody got any info.
Who is pitching for Paintsville this year??
Pickle-princess Wrote:Who is pitching for Paintsville this year??
Probably Kasondra Welch. A junior that logged several innings last year.
I remember her now, she did real well last year.
I think Pike Central can go far this year if everyone plays up to their potential. They have a great pitcher in Lowe, she is imitidiating on the mound with her height. If Lowe is pitching good and the girls are hitting good, they will be tough.
reds44 Wrote:I think Pike Central can go far this year if everyone plays up to their potential. They have a great pitcher in Lowe, she is imitidiating on the mound with her height. If Lowe is pitching good and the girls are hitting good, they will be tough.
They are very well coached and Lowe is a very good player that can have an impact on any game.
player#33 Wrote:first off that was really uncalled for..and it shows why all the young ppl have such bad attitudes..

but imo the best teams this year will be (in no certain order) johnson central, shelby valley, east ridge. but ya know i dont agree with everyone acting like east ridge is goin to beat everybody just cause they won last year..yeah they could very well win again but you all are being such rude butts about it and acting like no other team has a shot at anything this year..

and to the thing about why valley fans think valley is so good,,well tell them why you all think east ridge is so stinkin good?!?! cause they are your team to support and you want them to succeed..

but good luck to every team and coach for this upcoming season im sure it will be another great season to follow!!

who has a bad attitude now?

but i think valley will win district this year. yes, er still has their pitcher and catcher, but they lost too much talent everywhere else.